Home

PGA TOUR 2K21 August 6 Streaming Content Thread

This is a discussion on PGA TOUR 2K21 August 6 Streaming Content Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2020, 11:23 PM   #73
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 August 6 Streaming Content Thread

I only play Societies with friends so im all in.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-06-2020, 11:33 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I just hate having to watch power meters when I'm playing golf. It takes me out of the time and place long enough to make me feel disassociated with it. I want to watch the golfer and gauge my swing based on it.
Same here, I really, really, really hate them. This was my biggest issue with EA Rory.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:41 PM   #75
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I only play Societies with friends so im all in.
I suspect that Society play with friends will be the best fit for this game. Fortunately for me, that's how I've spent 85% of my time playing TGC 2 and TGC 2019. I was looking forward to learning a lot more about Society structure and play today, but it was off limits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 12:28 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
What I don't get is.... Who is buying "PGA Tour 2K21" that knows nothing about golf to the point that they don't even have a clue how to read a green?

And even if that customer exists -- is it really that "wrong" to ask them to hit some putts over the course of some rounds and "figure it out"? Honestly -- anyone will pick it up very very quickly just by watching what happens.

"Putt preview" is just a ridiculously dumb feature -- nearly on par with EA's "spin the ball in mid-air" garbage.
Everything should be able to be toggled to a player’s liking but there are a lot of us who need putt preview. Think of it as getting help from the caddie. Myself and a friend of mine watch golf every week and I’ve played every major golf game since ps2, but I can NOT hit a putt without it. The green grid just doesn’t translate for me, and my buddy, a much better player, feels the same way.
My point of this is play without it if you want, but don’t be eliteist and drive away others who want to play too.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:35 AM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
Everything should be able to be toggled to a player’s liking but there are a lot of us who need putt preview. Think of it as getting help from the caddie. Myself and a friend of mine watch golf every week and I’ve played every major golf game since ps2, but I can NOT hit a putt without it. The green grid just doesn’t translate for me, and my buddy, a much better player, feels the same way.
My point of this is play without it if you want, but don’t be eliteist and drive away others who want to play too.
With respect, I stand by my comments about putt preview.

It’s essentially a cheat that is equivalent to a free stroke.

If other ways to visualize the contours are needed for accessibility, I’m fully in support of that...but showing you the exact line is too much. Way too much.

Last edited by scagwi; 08-07-2020 at 01:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:11 AM   #78
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Putt previews have been in golf games for years. I don’t have a problem with it. Online play should/needs to have a limit or cool down. Saying it’s a cheat is a stretch. Offline play vs cpu, who cares?
Old 08-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #79
Pro

Quote:
It's no error. I just had a discussion about it with HB_Craig in Respawn's Twitch stream. It's for real. They're trying to offer the mode that they feel will be the most inclusive and appeal to the newcomers. I argued that putt preview is such a phony, supernatural aid that it has no place above beginner difficulty. They stand by their research that it will have the broadest appeal and reminded me that "you still have to hit the shot". I knew we were on different frequencies at that point
Ugh. People online are already either gods at putting, or never take the time to learn it anyway and chip until they have a tap in. This isn't going to make bad putters good, they'll still go for their 9 foot chips that stop dead, and will make the people already good at putting absolute monsters. I expect 30-40 foot breaks dropping to be the norm now. The best part about TGC was that the putting felt so good, I really never complained when I missed a putt unless I pushed/pulled it. Now, too many people will be making incredible putts
Old 08-07-2020, 09:24 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 2
PGA TOUR 2K21 August 6 Streaming Content Thread

Quote:
I suspect that Society play with friends will be the best fit for this game. Fortunately for me, that's how I've spent 85% of my time playing TGC 2 and TGC 2019. I was looking forward to learning a lot more about Society structure and play today, but it was off limits.

I have never explored the societies portion of the game since I only play with friends in a “live” 18 hole setting.

Is this a group? I know that cross platform is not enabled, but can people from various systems be in the same society? I may this all confused in my head! Like starting a tournament, and then everyone’s scores just post?

I was questioning this to see if there is a way around no cross play? IE: two of buddies at on Xbox. Two are on PlayStation and I have both. I am still probably waiting on a price drop based on what I heard, but can this systems “come together” in a society?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »