Home

PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

This is a discussion on PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #41
MVP
 
MrArlingtonBeach's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Blog Entries: 4
Re: PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

I'm working on a real-course recreation of the Irish Course at Whistling Straits. I played this course back in 2016 with my dad, and it was an amazing experience.

The Irish Course is inland from its more-famous sister course, the Straits, which has hosted the PGA Championship three times and will host (fingers crossed) the 2021 Ryder Cup. Wind is still a factor on the Irish, even though the course is a farther away from Lake Michigan. Sand is the biggest hazard to deal with, as well as several ponds and creeks that meander throughout the property.

Here's a look at the par-3 third hole, called "Sleeper", to get a feel for what the course looks like in real life:



I don't use LiDAR or anything like that, so I'm still a long way from even considering sharing a screenshot of my progress. But it's been fun to work on the course so far.
__________________
Orbis Non Suficit

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 11-04-2020 at 11:12 AM.
MrArlingtonBeach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 03:18 PM   #42
MVP
 
MrArlingtonBeach's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Blog Entries: 4
Re: PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

My real-course recreation of the Irish Course at Whistling Straits has been published!

It's in the game as "Whistling Straits (Irish)".

Have fun, and hit 'em straight!
__________________
Orbis Non Suficit
MrArlingtonBeach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:05 PM   #43
Rookie
 
spike83's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Anaheim, CA
Re: PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
My real-course recreation of the Irish Course at Whistling Straits has been published!

It's in the game as "Whistling Straits (Irish)".

Have fun, and hit 'em straight!
That was you over there on that "other forum"?

I played it earlier today; enjoyed it much. I see there is a V2 now. I'll be teeing it up tonight Any plans for the sister course?
__________________
"Behind every fortune is a crime"
spike83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:42 PM   #44
MVP
 
MrArlingtonBeach's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Blog Entries: 4
Re: PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike83
That was you over there on that "other forum"?

I played it earlier today; enjoyed it much. I see there is a V2 now. I'll be teeing it up tonight Any plans for the sister course?
Haha...indeed it is me over "there". Glad you enjoyed it! V2 is exactly the same, except the heavy rough is a more burned-out, linksy looking yellow.

No plans for the "big course" as of now...but that could change. There was a really good version on TGC 2019, and it's a shame it has not been ported over.

For my next project, I am thinking about creating a local municipal course that used to hold a PGA Tour event.
__________________
Orbis Non Suficit

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 11-23-2020 at 12:28 AM.
MrArlingtonBeach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #45
MVP
 
OnlookerDelay's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Re: PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
My real-course recreation of the Irish Course at Whistling Straits has been published!

It's in the game as "Whistling Straits (Irish)".

Have fun, and hit 'em straight!
Great course MAB. I played it two days ago on the PC version and it's really pure and plays sweet. I'll be setting up a Society tournament there soon... nice work!
__________________
Duke Football? Hell yes it's Duke Football! --- Coach Cutcliffe
OnlookerDelay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #46
MVP
 
MrArlingtonBeach's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Blog Entries: 4
Re: PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Great course MAB. I played it two days ago on the PC version and it's really pure and plays sweet. I'll be setting up a Society tournament there soon... nice work!
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!
__________________
Orbis Non Suficit
MrArlingtonBeach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:27 PM   #47
Rookie
 
Yngwie Swain's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2015
Re: PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

Good stuff! Our society has the Whistling Straits course added to the tour, so thanks for that! What I am looking for are these RL courses and wonder if you have seen them anyplace? (don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm on ps4)

GC Welpe Vechta(Germany)
TPC Craig Ranch, McKinney, TX
Wade Hampton, Cashiers, NC
The Alotian Club-Roland, Arkansas
Gozzer Ranch, Harrison, ID
Southern Hills CC, Tulsa, OK
Pikewood National, Morgantown, WV
Ballyneal, Holyoke, CO

Also, feel free to check out my three created courses.

The Amish Isles (scheduled to be published December 7th)

A Horse in a Course

and

Amish Acres Golfing Society (my 2nd version of Amish Acres)

I have a lot of work to do when it comes to proper landscaping, but as of my latest creation....have come a long way since Amish Acres
Yngwie Swain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:58 PM   #48
MVP
 
MrArlingtonBeach's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Blog Entries: 4
Re: PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngwie Swain
Good stuff! Our society has the Whistling Straits course added to the tour, so thanks for that! What I am looking for are these RL courses and wonder if you have seen them anyplace? (don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm on ps4)

GC Welpe Vechta(Germany)
TPC Craig Ranch, McKinney, TX
Wade Hampton, Cashiers, NC
The Alotian Club-Roland, Arkansas
Gozzer Ranch, Harrison, ID
Southern Hills CC, Tulsa, OK
Pikewood National, Morgantown, WV
Ballyneal, Holyoke, CO

Also, feel free to check out my three created courses.

The Amish Isles (scheduled to be published December 7th)

A Horse in a Course

and

Amish Acres Golfing Society (my 2nd version of Amish Acres)

I have a lot of work to do when it comes to proper landscaping, but as of my latest creation....have come a long way since Amish Acres
Thanks for adding the Irish to your tour/society!

As for those courses you're looking for, I don't know if any are published...but I do know someone is working on TPC Craig Ranch.
__________________
Orbis Non Suficit
MrArlingtonBeach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Top -