Home

PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

This is a discussion on PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2021, 11:55 AM   #57
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Happy New Year, everyone! To ring in 2021, here's a new course - Horicon Marsh Sport Club!
I forgot to mention that I played this course last week and had a blast. Horicon Marsh seems to be set in its own, unique theme. It also makes for a fair challenge of golf. I enjoyed the sight-seeing while I played. Great job with this one Steven!
Old 01-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #58
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I forgot to mention that I played this course last week and had a blast. Horicon Marsh seems to be set in its own, unique theme. It also makes for a fair challenge of golf. I enjoyed the sight-seeing while I played. Great job with this one Steven!
Thank you, sir! Had fun branching off into doing a fictional course. I am working on another set in the Swiss theme.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:12 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I found this course this morning on the XBox One, and there were two courses that came up with the same name. I tried the one on top and it executed normally. The animation seemed more sluggish than normal on my Series X, making it a difficult play for me, especially since I've acclimated my senses for 60 FPS on the PC version. I really started to get into the course starting with the 3rd hole, but I quit in frustration on the 6th, not because of the course but because the sub 30 FPS to which the game was being taken was making it impossible for me to get a feel of the swing tempo.

I'm curious... did you note what your plant meter was showing when you finished? What I experienced this morning may be due to network traffic. I'm going to try this course again later on my PC, where I'll have a better chance to evaluate it in the 60 FPS realm. I'll let you know how it plays there.
Thanks guys for the comments. I contacted 2k21 support and they can not explain how the glitch happened and I ended up with 2 courses and also confirmed as you said that a course can not be deleted. They are still working on it but it looks like I am stuck with 2 published copies of my course for now. Onlooker I did not notice what the exact plant meter number was but it was on the low end. I have played this course at lease 10 times now with 6 other friends of mine on PC/Steam and the animation, swing tempo and general play were normal with no glitches or issues for any of us. One of the other guys noted it was very smooth with less glitches he experience on other courses. I hope you try it again and see if it was a network traffic issue. I hope you guys can play the full 18 and give me your impressions and comments since it was my first course design. I know there is one very small mistake I made with a couple plants not at ground level which I missed on my final look over but overall I think its a good test.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #60
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Couples
Onlooker I did not notice what the exact plant meter number was but it was on the low end. I have played this course at lease 10 times now with 6 other friends of mine on PC/Steam and the animation, swing tempo and general play were normal with no glitches or issues for any of us. One of the other guys noted it was very smooth with less glitches he experience on other courses. I hope you try it again and see if it was a network traffic issue. I hope you guys can play the full 18 and give me your impressions and comments since it was my first course design. I know there is one very small mistake I made with a couple plants not at ground level which I missed on my final look over but overall I think its a good test.
I got a chance to play the course on my PC this morning and it played very smoothly. In fact, I was running it in 2160p and it was staying in the 60 to 67 FPS range. I must have been experiencing server overload when I was trying to play it on my Series X yesterday morning.

I enjoyed the course, but I thought the topography was in need of a bit of smoothing in various places. I think it was the 7th hole, where I had to lay up with a middle iron to a section of fairway that offered little escape from an unnaturally uneven lie. I'd suggest that you do a little more smoothing, especially on fairways, going forward. You did a good job with texture selection, making me feel like the textures chosen belonged in that mountain environment.

I'll try playing it again on my Series X to see if the performance improves at a different time of day. I'll report back on it when I do. I'll also try a different pin set, time of day, and weather condition.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:29 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
I got a chance to play the course on my PC this morning and it played very smoothly. In fact, I was running it in 2160p and it was staying in the 60 to 67 FPS range. I must have been experiencing server overload when I was trying to play it on my Series X yesterday morning.

I enjoyed the course, but I thought the topography was in need of a bit of smoothing in various places. I think it was the 7th hole, where I had to lay up with a middle iron to a section of fairway that offered little escape from an unnaturally uneven lie. I'd suggest that you do a little more smoothing, especially on fairways, going forward. You did a good job with texture selection, making me feel like the textures chosen belonged in that mountain environment.

I'll try playing it again on my Series X to see if the performance improves at a different time of day. I'll report back on it when I do. I'll also try a different pin set, time of day, and weather condition.
Thanks and yes I know the exact shot you are talking about. If you can land on the right edge of the fairway on the second shot it will run you right down to the green but in general I felt like the fairway on that hole was too tricked up and should have changed it. I am going to play the two new courses you guys noted above and will get back with my thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2021, 04:44 PM   #62
Rookie

Another quick note on 7 second shot lay up about 10 yds in front of the bunker at the end of the fairway is the best play.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:17 PM   #63
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I have published another fictional course, this time it's one set in the Rocky Mountains. Fallen Timber Golf Lodge is a par-71 layout that is set amidst towering pines and spruce trees, along the banks of mountain streams and lakes, and next to a charming waterfall.

The course tops out at 7,100 yards, and features many changes in elevation. Be careful when the winds pick up, too!

Enjoy some previews of the course:

Hole 1

Hole 5

Holes 8 and 9

Hole 12

Hole 18

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 01-23-2021 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:54 PM   #64
Rookie

A shot of Cardigan Cove. It's a beauty! Check it out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cardigan Cove 2.jpg (198.3 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by jimmyjams23; 01-23-2021 at 04:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »