Home

2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

This is a discussion on 2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement] within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2020, 01:17 PM   #129
Pro

knich1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K21 PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike081989
Ok that's helpful. Let me take a look and see what that formula is doing. I had some update come through on my laptop and now I can't access excel so not only can I not help you right now, I also can't even play my own rounds. I'll take a look when I'm able to. I think it might be helpful if you share your version of the file with me so i can make sure it matches up with mine. Can you attach it when you get a chance?
I am just coming upon this thread as I too have been frustrated with the inability to create your own pga schedule in career mode.

Unfortunately, I am a novice when it comes to spreadsheets. I have read all the instructions and have downloaded everything (which looks great) I just can't figure how to follow your instructions. For instance, what excel program are you using? How do you save workbooks to computer? Can't find an edit links under Data tab using google spreadsheet online?

I know you had mentioned doing a video walk thru. The initial one by Krebstar was very helpful to even peak my interest. But even with your excellent instructions, I simply am not following with all the various tabs and all the error messages etc.

Do you still plan to do a video walk thru?
Old 11-26-2020, 02:45 PM   #130
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm still plugging away with this after taking a long break (using my original simplistic version)—currently through 13 events. Just created two new score generators, one for more difficult courses and one to be used rarely (US Open) that generates scores very close to and above par for even the top tier players.

After 13 events, here's the top ten ranked by points:

Here's the top ten by scoring average—pretty happy with those averages.

Old 11-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #131
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Added a few more basic things to my spreadsheets—I can upload if anyone is interested. Just tracking for rounds under par and rounds in the 60s on both the event and the rankings. Also cuts made and cuts percentage for the rankings file as seen in the screenshots above.

Still plugging away—through fifteen events now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #132
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Here's where things sit in terms of the top ten in points, and top ten in scoring average through The PLAYERS Championship (21 events). My created golfer is doing pretty well, but I recently increased my difficulty so I think slowly I'll be falling out of the top ten. Most of those top ten finishes were from early in the season.

I'm still tweaking the scoring generators after nearly every event as they're far from perfect. Scores are still a bit too low, and the top tier players are not making as many cuts as I'd like, but it's getting better and better as I go along. I've yet to use the 'rare' score generator but I will for the US Open. I did use the difficult twice and it worked fairly well with lower and more realistic scores for the courses it was used on.

Top 10: Points

Top Ten: Scoring Average

(the rounds in the 60s and under par numbers still need to pulled from many past events, so those are not fully accurate)

Last edited by Krebstar; 12-31-2020 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-02-2021, 03:44 PM   #133
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Finally hit the first major—here's the top of the leaderboard for The Masters! Still adjusting score generation after each event, mostly to get the top two tiers in better positions more regularly.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:22 PM   #134
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Currently playing the BMW Championship—I’ll finish up my first season this weekend!

When I’m done I’ll upload the final rankings to Google Drive so anyone who wants to look can do so. Still really happy with the scoring averages—pretty realistic.

As for who wins the FedEx Cup, still wide open.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:07 PM   #135
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

What a wild ride, but I've reached the end of my first season. After finalizing the season using the updated TOUR Championship format adopted in 2019, I decided to also run the final results by using the previous format.

In each, Rory McIlroy won both the TOUR Championship, and the FedEx Cup. But, I think going forward I'll use the old format and skip the 'starting strokes' for the last event.

Overall, I'm really happy with the final averages—they came out pretty much how I wanted. Still going to do some changes for the next season, though. I might split the top twenty of 'Tier 1' into two, with the top ten golfers given even better scoring odds.

Before the next season I'm also going to update some tiers based on the results. For example, there might be some Tier 2 players who drop back to Tier 3, or the opposite.

Here is a spreadsheet showing the final standings, basic stats only for the entire player database using the new format, and also just the top thirty after the TOUR Championship using the previous format. Basic stats only but you can check out the AVG column, which really was what this entire thing was built on—getting the correct scores for the correct skill of players.

Check it out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

As for my golfer, 'Daniel Mangan', I had two victories and even lead in points for several weeks but I crumbled in the playoffs, and East Lake absolutely dominated me. So, I never really threatened to win the whole thing, which is actually what I wanted. Still lots to improve in!

Last edited by Krebstar; 01-10-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2021, 05:25 AM   #136
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hi all,

Amazing work on this! I've been so frustrated with career mode on 2K21 and this looks like a brilliant alternative.

As a bit of an Excel novice I'd be most grateful if a more detailed walkthrough could be provided. I'm getting as far as generating scores but then cannot seem to get a leaderboard working.

In particular I am struggling to understand which files need to be linked as it's not 100% clear, i.e. the Event file surely needs to be linked to Hole by Hole once the field is generated?

Appreciate any help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »