Home

2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

This is a discussion on 2K PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement] within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2021, 06:01 PM   #137
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2K21 PGA Tour Simulation System [Solo Society Replacement]

Not sure if anyone is still messing around with anything like this. I'm moving slow but in my second season using my original sheets plus some edits and have decided to add a new wrinkle. Essentially, I'm going to track hot and cold players and let that affect their rounds.

I haven't decided yet by how much, but if a player has several solid finishes in a row or keeps making cuts, I'm going to have their generated scores improve. For example, perhaps their generated scores put them at -12 at the end of a tournament. But since they're on a hot streak, that -12 then goes to a -13 or -14.

Basically, just giving them a manual boost and not letting the randomized generated scores entirely determine their finishes.

How long I'll keep players hot or cold, not sure. I'm currently twelve events into the season, which I feel like is actually a good time to start playing with this. Will be interesting to see how much effect it has.

Really...maybe I'll just do hot streaks? Players who are cold an entire season get demoted a tier, most likely. Eh, we'll see.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:53 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just now finding this thread. Would appreciate and upload of your most current version if possible. I plan to do some editing, but would like to start from all the great work you've already done.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:35 AM   #139
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren6175
Just now finding this thread. Would appreciate and upload of your most current version if possible. I plan to do some editing, but would like to start from all the great work you've already done.

I'll package and throw them up today or tomorrow!
Old 08-13-2021, 09:40 AM   #140
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Here's the packaged files of the latest 'system' that I've been using, which includes some more stat tracking, the whole 'streaks' (automated after you decide who is on a hot or cold streak) and just some better automation in general than the original files.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ajrtq...em_V2.zip/file
Old 02-25-2022, 07:37 PM   #141
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

I'm still in the early part of my second season, well, about mid-season, and I'm working on a better way to track 'streaks' so hot and cold streaks are more noticeable. Once I've done that and included it in the packaged files, I can make a new .zip to upload, and if anyone is interested do an updated video on how everything works—the event and leaderboard files are much different than they were when those first videos were recorded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2022, 06:14 PM   #142
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

I did figure out a decent option for tracking streaks—still getting the formula just right, though. Essentially, in a new sheet, every golfer's event average is recorded, and from there you can control how many of their past events you want to include in their average to see what kind of streak they're on in terms of how well they're playing each event. Last five events, seven, ten, etc.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:01 PM   #143
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I did figure out a decent option for tracking streaks—still getting the formula just right, though. Essentially, in a new sheet, every golfer's event average is recorded, and from there you can control how many of their past events you want to include in their average to see what kind of streak they're on in terms of how well they're playing each event. Last five events, seven, ten, etc.
I did something similar but it took quite a bit of work. I basically made a duplicate file of the Rankings file you track fedexcup points in, and I made this my Official World Golf Rankings spreadsheet. Same concept, I fill out the points each player would be getting for the event and paste it into this file. I had to grab 300 players worth of data going back 104 weeks prior to get accurate rankings to start with (even then it wasn't perfect). It was a bit of work setting up but its not hard top maintain now, just an extra step before and after events but it makes the tiers constantly change throughout the season. Right now I am in year 3 and there are some familiar names in the top 20 and some new ones. Jon Rahm has fallen out of the top 20, Bryson all the way down to 53, while Max Homa actually got to world number one after a string of great tournaments. Really adds an extra dynamic to it during the season rather than just changing them up at the end of the season.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:02 PM   #144
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar

Wondering if there's any further development of your system been done? Also wondering what would be the best way of calculating scores for the Developmental Tours - like the European or the Korn Ferry for example?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »