Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2020, 11:05 AM   #1
MVP
 
MrArlingtonBeach's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Blog Entries: 4
PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass

Looks like new content has come out for PGA 2K21.

It's the Season One Clubhouse Pass. Seems to include the Detroit Golf Club and the Rocket Mortgage Classic. Plus a bunch of silly new gear and such, although Mizuno clubs seem to be added, too.

https://pgatour.2k.com/clubhouse/

However, to get the most out of this, you have to pay. There is a free tier, but you only get rewards after every fifth level up to level 75. Accessing all 75 levels of rewards is $8. For $15, you get all 75 levels of rewards, but also get to skip the first 20 levels and automatically unlock those rewards right away. And Season One lasts from today until 3/3/21.

EDIT: gdog is one of the folks who streamed content before launch, and he just posted this list of what's included in the update over on the TGCT forum:

Stuff in the paid season pass
• New Gear including:
o Mizuno Clubs Gear:
2 Drivers
2 Hybrids
2 Woods
3 Irons Sets
3 Putters
3 Pitch Wedge
9 Wedges
5 Mizuno Hats
1 Mizuno Glove
o Under Armour Gear:
9 Windjackets (male)
4 Button Polos (Female)
2 Zip Polos (Female)
o Goodr Gear:
4 Styles & 2 Colorways Sunglasses
2 Shirts (male/female)
Shorts (male)
Skirt (female)
Flamingo Putter
o Additional Gear:
Golden Outfit (male/female)
Cubert Outfit (male/female)

Stuff purchasable outside the season pass.
• Hockey Stick Putter
• Candy Cane Putter
• Elf Hat (unisex)
• Santa Hat (unisex)
• Elf Outfit (male/female)
• Holiday/Winter Sweaters (male/female)
• Holiday/Winter Toques (male/female)

Season Pass Premium is $15 has 75 levels.
You level up with VC so save your coins if you plan on levelling up.

He also confirmed that the Detroit Golf Club/Rocket Mortgage Classic is free as part of the update. It replaces event 22 in career mode. Is also playable in local/society play too.
__________________
Orbis Non Suficit

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 12-03-2020 at 12:41 PM.
MrArlingtonBeach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
Pro
 
lowpaiddonkey10's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2017
Re: PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass

Worth it just for the hockey stick. Next version how about an Adam Sandler Happy Gilmore swing? WTF are these guys thinking?
lowpaiddonkey10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
MVP
 
jbd345's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rochester, New York
Re: PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Looks like new content has come out for PGA 2K21.

It's the Season One Clubhouse Pass. Seems to include the Detroit Golf Club and the Rocket Mortgage Classic. Plus a bunch of silly new gear and such, although Mizuno clubs seem to be added, too.

https://pgatour.2k.com/clubhouse/

However, to get the most out of this, you have to pay. There is a free tier, but you only get rewards after every fifth level up to level 75. Accessing all 75 levels of rewards is $8. For $15, you get all 75 levels of rewards, but also get to skip the first 20 levels and automatically unlock those rewards right away. And Season One lasts from today until 3/3/21.

EDIT: gdog is one of the folks who streamed content before launch, and he just posted this list of what's included in the update over on the TGCT forum:

Stuff in the paid season pass
• New Gear including:
o Mizuno Clubs Gear:
2 Drivers
2 Hybrids
2 Woods
3 Irons Sets
3 Putters
3 Pitch Wedge
9 Wedges
5 Mizuno Hats
1 Mizuno Glove
o Under Armour Gear:
9 Windjackets (male)
4 Button Polos (Female)
2 Zip Polos (Female)
o Goodr Gear:
4 Styles & 2 Colorways Sunglasses
2 Shirts (male/female)
Shorts (male)
Skirt (female)
Flamingo Putter
o Additional Gear:
Golden Outfit (male/female)
Cubert Outfit (male/female)

Stuff purchasable outside the season pass.
• Hockey Stick Putter
• Candy Cane Putter
• Elf Hat (unisex)
• Santa Hat (unisex)
• Elf Outfit (male/female)
• Holiday/Winter Sweaters (male/female)
• Holiday/Winter Toques (male/female)

Season Pass Premium is $15 has 75 levels.
You level up with VC so save your coins if you plan on levelling up.

He also confirmed that the Detroit Golf Club/Rocket Mortgage Classic is free as part of the update. It replaces event 22 in career mode. Is also playable in local/society play too.
So you have to pay for the premium pass the pay VC to level up and pay real money for more VC lmao what a ripoff
jbd345 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:32 PM   #4
MVP
 
MrArlingtonBeach's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Blog Entries: 4
Re: PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
So you have to pay for the premium pass the pay VC to level up and pay real money for more VC lmao what a ripoff
This was a little bit of a "huh?" moment for me, too. Needing to pay to access all of the content, then needing to "pay" with in game currency to level up seems like a lot. But I assume they are trying to get people to buy the premium pass, and also buy VC. Classic microtransaction double dip...ugh.
__________________
Orbis Non Suficit
MrArlingtonBeach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:32 PM   #5
MVP
 
jbd345's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rochester, New York
Re: PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
This was a little bit of a "huh?" moment for me, too. Needing to pay to access all of the content, then needing to "pay" with in game currency to level up seems like a lot. But I assume they are trying to get people to buy the premium pass, and also buy VC. Classic microtransaction double dip...ugh.
I’ve heard 2k was greedy, but geez
jbd345 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 02:41 PM   #6
MVP
 
MrArlingtonBeach's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Blog Entries: 4
Re: PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass

Jim Gem did a YouTube video on the pass that shows off what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI2LpK3L7Y0

Looks like most of the Mizuno clubs are behind the paywall. Mizuno wedges are a free reward, but it's not until level 37 that you unlock them. There are a couple other free club rewards after that, but it seems most have the "Premium" label on them.

The final reward at level 75 is the dang flamingo putter...
__________________
Orbis Non Suficit

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 12-03-2020 at 02:52 PM.
MrArlingtonBeach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2019
Re: PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass

I almost got the game when it was 50% off last week, no regret on passing on the deal. The more I read about this game, the worst it gets.
bigkev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 03:59 PM   #8
MVP
 
OnlookerDelay's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Re: PGA 2K21 Clubhouse Pass

They must have a massive set to be able to launch this premium content for a game that can't be run properly on one of its platform's new flagship consoles... UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE! The swing animation glitch on the Series X and S wasn't fixed in the accompanying patch.

LOL... I'm one to complain... I feel like an enabler, I bought the game on the XBox One X and then when I was saw that I couldn't satisfactorily manage the tempo properly at 30 FPS, I reward HB Studios by going out and bequeathing them 60 quatloos for the PC version, where I can play it satisfactorily, at 60 FPS!
__________________
Duke Football? Hell yes it's Duke Football! --- Coach Cutcliffe
OnlookerDelay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 AM.

Top -