Home

PGA Tour 2K21 Clubhouse Pass - What's Here and What's Missing

This is a discussion on PGA Tour 2K21 Clubhouse Pass - What's Here and What's Missing within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
PGA Tour 2K21 Clubhouse Pass - What's Here and What's Missing

As anyone who has spent a fair amount of time with PGA Tour 2K21 will tell...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: PGA Tour 2K21 Clubhouse Pass - What's Here and What's Missing

A fine, informational write up on the Clubhouse Pass. But from my vantage point, $8 for these unlockables is not at all worth it.

Yes, rewards are mostly cosmetic items, meaning it's not a "pay to play" system. But it's an absolutely unnecessary money grab, which looks bad for a game with other issues that need attention.

For example, several rewards are clothing options are for female characters. I have no problem at all with having female characters and gear in the game (in honesty, if TW 14 could have the LPGA, this game probably should, too), but if you only play as a male, those items are of zero use to you. The reverse is true if you're a woman playing this game...none of the male clothes will be useable on your MyPlayer, so what's the point of wanting to unlock them?

Also, there are multiple versions of the same unlockable - i.e. the range of Under Armour jackets you can unlock. They are the same identical item, just in like 5 or 6 different colors. You get two of those UA jackets as free rewards (a navy blue one and a black one), so do you really wanna spend real money to get all the colorways?

And I get a kick out of the fact that some of the diehard TGC/PGA 2K fans would always ridicule EA's golf games as "arcade", while their game is the true "sim" version of golf, when this paragraph now exists:

"As such, there’s no better way to show that you are a true hardcore player of the game than to turn up on the course decked out with some of the final rewards of the Clubhouse Pass, which means rocking solid gold pants and shirt with a pink flamingo putter sticking out of your bag."

As one who loves to customize and deck my avatar out with all the real-life gear I can, I am glad they released more content. But there's no way I'm shelling out any more money to get things like gold pants and shirts, and bird-shaped golf clubs. At least not until they fix career mode problems and other bugs.

And since they are calling this Season One, it means they'll be asking for another $8-15 in just 3 months time for Season Two...

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 12-23-2020 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:46 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I wonder if this is all a direction that TGC 1 & 2 fans are excited about or if they'd take it all back and prefer it were just HB (no 2k or Maximum)
Old 12-23-2020, 06:39 PM   #4
Rookie

What's missing? Answer: Ability to play as the PGA Pros.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:24 PM   #5
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgerpimp97
What's missing? Answer: Ability to play as the PGA Pros.
And a customizable schedule in career mode, letting you play created courses instead of the "official" fantasy ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2020, 08:11 PM   #6
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I wonder if this is all a direction that TGC 1 & 2 fans are excited about or if they'd take it all back and prefer it were just HB (no 2k or Maximum)
You can see the benefits of having 2K involved - a better presentation and decent integration of real-life tournaments in the game.

But I am surprised at some of the issues and things that I though 2K might help with more. Given 2K's reputation for publishing games with high-quality career/dynasty modes (like in the NBA 2K games), it's sad that the career mode in PGA 2K21 is lacking depth and is pretty glitched. Career Mode gets stale quickly, and loses all immersion when leaderboards change between rounds and "winners" of events randomly change.

I know I have talked about career mode quite a bit on this forum, but since HB or 2K have yet to even acknowledge the issues with the mode, I feel the need to keep mentioning it in hopes someone from the dev team will see it.

It also seems that HB and 2K might not be jiving together or something? I mean, no one from the HB team comments on this game anywhere - whether it's the 2K forums, which HB devs supposedly "joined" back in July but has never really posted anything, or HB's forums which are still active with 2K21 players, even though there isn't a specific forum for the game.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:35 PM   #7
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

2k21 is a very good pick up and play game but these people don't care enough to spend the time to fix the issues that were present at launch. This is by far the best version yet. You doubt that go back and play last year's game.

Sadly they are done with this version and I will wait for the sale if they ever make another one which might be doubtful at this point. Anyone know how this game has sold?
Old 12-24-2020, 10:05 AM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
2k21 is a very good pick up and play game but these people don't care enough to spend the time to fix the issues that were present at launch. This is by far the best version yet. You doubt that go back and play last year's game.

Sadly they are done with this version and I will wait for the sale if they ever make another one which might be doubtful at this point. Anyone know how this game has sold?
I haven't found any concrete numbers, but the vgchartz.com website says over 1 million copies of the game have shipped across all platforms:

https://www.vgchartz.com/game/227730...21/?region=All

And I read an article about Take Two's most recent earnings call, in which executives said that PGA Tour 2K21 has "outperformed" their expectations.

https://www.windowscentral.com/nba-2...2-earnings?amp

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »