Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Returns, So What's Next?

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Returns, So What's Next? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2021, 10:23 AM   #25
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Returns, So What's Next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
Oh I hate that stupid bubble so much.... I'm not a big fan of the flick either. I thought it was ok on TW13, but with TW14 and Rory, really have to flick it on Expert swing. They did give more dispersion in Rory with the advanced swing in one of the patch. It's similar to what they did at HB with the fast/slow.
I'm glad to see more and more over time that I wasn't the only one who felt let down by the "flicky/bubble" aspect of the Rory swing. I would love to have the chance to experience that game with either Tiger Woods 13 or 14's swing interface. Oh, and throw Tiger 10's putting physics and presentation into that mix... I'd still be playing that today if they had!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2021, 11:17 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Returns, So What's Next?

Certainly hoping for the return of a normal "lobby" for online matchmaking (vs what HB did).

On the swing comments above - it all sounds good to me, but I do expect EA to "do their own thing". My only hope is that it's a slightly different approach (or very tweaked) from the Rory one.

Maybe that swing could have been great, but it need more work and revisions and options that we never got.

I really hope the Tiburon team has played the RTS swing methods in Perfect Golf. There is a lot of great stuff they could and should pull from that. They managed to introduce a lot of variability, subtlety and nuance, all without making it overly complex.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »