Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2021, 07:05 PM   #257
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors

So only 2 more tournaments before the Tour Championship at East Lake. Next is the Northern Trust at Liberty National, let's see if we can have an announcement. It would be a great course to have in the game with new gen graphics.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:31 PM   #258
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
So only 2 more tournaments before the Tour Championship at East Lake. Next is the Northern Trust at Liberty National, let's see if we can have an announcement. It would be a great course to have in the game with new gen graphics.

Thinking the exact same today! I expect something Wednesday.... they already said the playoffs are in.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max
Old 08-16-2021, 04:14 AM   #259
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
Thinking the exact same today! I expect something Wednesday.... they already said the playoffs are in.
The playoffs are in, but this weeks' tournament is no longer on the schedule from next season, and the FedEx St Jude becomes a Playoff event instead - I doubt we'll hear anything more until Tour Championship week
Old 08-16-2021, 08:49 AM   #260
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamc
The playoffs are in, but this weeks' tournament is no longer on the schedule from next season, and the FedEx St Jude becomes a Playoff event instead - I doubt we'll hear anything more until Tour Championship week

Oh really? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max
Old 08-16-2021, 10:17 AM   #261
Pro

I’m looking at the PGA game FAQ & it mentions Amateur events will be available in game including the USGA event.
Do we think that’ll be the full event including stroke play & match play formats or just the latter part of the tournament?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2021, 05:59 PM   #262
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
I’m looking at the PGA game FAQ & it mentions Amateur events will be available in game including the USGA event.
Do we think that’ll be the full event including stroke play & match play formats or just the latter part of the tournament?
Hopefully both parts. You want to have a shot at being the medalist and winning the title, if you can. Also, for a head-to-head match play event, even against a dumb computer AI, I would actually want to watch all of my opponent's shots. Much moreso than in a stroke play event, for example.

Also...how about Jimmy Piot from Michigan State winning the US Amateur at Oakmont? (insert thumbs-up emoji here)

Last edited by pietasterp; 08-17-2021 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:40 AM   #263
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Hopefully both parts. You want to have a shot at being the medalist and winning the title, if you can. Also, for a head-to-head match play event, even against a dumb computer AI, I would actually want to watch all of my opponent's shots. Much moreso than in a stroke play event, for example.

Also...how about Jimmy Piot from Michigan State winning the US Amateur at Oakmont? 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
The way that final 9 holes played out is exactly what’s needed in a video game. Greaser almost on cruise control & then the match flips & the momentum swings to Piot.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:33 AM   #264
Rookie

I am awaiting for this game and really I am enjoying this forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »