Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
You may be setting yourself up for a let down. I’m expecting this to be just as bare bones as Rory was. Just with a little more fleshed out career mode and majors. I have zero expeditions as far how deep the content is. I don’t think will see that until after a few installments.

If it is as bare bones as Rory was with a couple more courses, you might see the next game by 2030.

This is what they have said so far, starting with maybe the most important thing, a new swing method. Also, new create a player, at least 11 courses, hopefully on top of all of the Rory courses since both are on frostbite Engine, and lpga.

I’m also very intrigued by ShotLink data being used, hopefully that is more than a marketing scheme.

Sent from my iPad Pro

Last edited by VoltSwoosh; 03-29-2022 at 10:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2022, 01:57 PM   #42
MVP

Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Releases in Spring 2023

If any USA folks are looking for a PS5, Amazon is pumping this pretty good, which might indicate a fair amount of stock they've built up to release at once.

Tomorrow at 11am EST -- I think being Amazon Prime is required

It's also PS5 Digital only (personally the only one I'm interested in since it's $100 less and the only difference is disk drive or not -- and I'm all digital for anything console anymore)

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/29/2...ty-price-check

Last edited by scagwi; 03-29-2022 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2022, 01:33 PM   #43
MVP

Anyone get one?

Anecdotally, it looks like it was hyped up and there wasn't in fact much supply.
More of the usual.

Probably a smart move for all the "next-gen only" games (as we think PGA23 is) to stay on the sidelines still
Old 03-30-2022, 05:05 PM   #44
Pro

The "big" Amazon drop was indeed over very quickly. I have one from a Sony Direct invite a few months back, but I was trying to get one for an older friend that I play online with. My wife and I are Prime members, had 2 computers going minutes before 11am...we refreshed the page at least 200 times each until about 11:15, and then they started to appear. We had one in our cart 4 different times within 10 minutes of when they started to show up, but one click later to actually buy it, they would be gone. You can't compete with bots.

It's just not worth it. If you're a Sony Plus member, sign up for an invite, that's how I lucked into mine. But trying to jump on these "drops" as a regular consumer, even with whatever membership is required, is a waste of time.

We just have to assume that by next Spring when people really need one to play the EA game, they will be widely available. Until then, it's just not worth the effort.
Old 03-30-2022, 05:13 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
The "big" Amazon drop was indeed over very quickly. I have one from a Sony Direct invite a few months back, but I was trying to get one for an older friend that I play online with. My wife and I are Prime members, had 2 computers going minutes before 11am...we refreshed the page at least 200 times each until about 11:15, and then they started to appear. We had one in our cart 4 different times within 10 minutes of when they started to show up, but one click later to actually buy it, they would be gone. You can't compete with bots.

It's just not worth it. If you're a Sony Plus member, sign up for an invite, that's how I lucked into mine. But trying to jump on these "drops" as a regular consumer, even with whatever membership is required, is a waste of time.

We just have to assume that by next Spring when people really need one to play the EA game, they will be widely available. Until then, it's just not worth the effort.

I remember last spring, believing by this spring they would be in Walmart

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2022, 06:15 PM   #46
MVP

I'm glad I don't really care about a PS5 right now..

It would be totally different if a new EA golf game were about to drop

(not an Xbox guy - have tried it - just really prefer PS side)
Old 03-30-2022, 07:12 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I'm glad I don't really care about a PS5 right now..

It would be totally different if a new EA golf game were about to drop

(not an Xbox guy - have tried it - just really prefer PS side)

Me too, I’ve kinda accepted I might just plan on getting it next spring or summer. When PGA 23 with MASTERS and CFB 23 release for the first time since 2013!

Hope they aren’t let downs .

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Old 03-30-2022, 07:32 PM   #48
Pro

Forgot to mention, the "huge drop" lasted every bit of 7 minutes lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »