Home

It now seems logical we will get PGA Tour 2k23 this year

This is a discussion on It now seems logical we will get PGA Tour 2k23 this year within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2022, 11:23 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: It now seems logical we will get PGA Tour 2k23 this year

Do we think that a whole new graphical engine is probably asking too much here?

I have this feeling the new game will be a bit more evolutionary, And a lot of the work with Tiger Woods and all that is more about a whole bunch of new content.

Don’t get me wrong… that should please all of those who love and play this game as is right now.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:37 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I sure hope they get the career mode straightened out that would be a bonus
Old 03-25-2022, 12:04 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daley9
I sure hope they get the career mode straightened out that would be a bonus
I feel like that, and just "a lot more content" would probably please most 2k21 fans. I'm sure some more graphical polish will come also.

I'm a bit skeptical about an all new next-gen graphics engine.
I'd love to be surprised though!!

What are current 2k21 players hoping for/expecting this Fall?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2022, 01:47 PM   #12
Pro

Not sure what I'm "expecting", but I really hope they leave the ball physics, and swing mechanics alone. I think it's the best of any golf game in history.

All I'm hoping for is an upgrade in the graphics, add caddies and other players to the scene, fix the scoreboards, make Career Mode more customizable by letting you create your own schedule and courses, and have playoff rounds instead of ties. Combine that with new commentary (I love McCarthy and Elvy, Rich Beem irritates me to no end).

Just those few things is all this game needs in my opinion. Yes there are other things that people have suggested here, but if they focus on the above, and don't mess with user created courses (other than making it better for those that do create courses), it will be the greatest golf game of all time. Of course I will buy EA's game the day it comes out as well lol. I just hope 2k delivers in August. I still play 20 rounds a week after 2 years. My favorite game of all time for sure. Just make it deeper, more customizable, and prettier. That's all.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:09 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi

I have this feeling the new game will be a bit more evolutionary, And a lot of the work with Tiger Woods and all that is more about a whole bunch of new content.

Don’t get me wrong… that should please all of those who love and play this game as is right now.

Last year they said “Bigger and better” or something along those lines…. I feel it has a great chance to be revolutionary, and I hope it is. I’m not buying The Golf Club 2019.3 . I want to see 2k put effort into it instead of slapping their logo on it and claiming they Made it.

Sent from my iPad Pro
Old 03-25-2022, 03:45 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
I feel it has a great chance to be revolutionary, and I hope it is.
I hope so too

Despite my personal misgivings about the current offering, I'm very much in the wheelhouse to be a buyer if there's a major new update.

I'm generally a sucker for all new golf games that are somewhat "realism" oriented. I just feel it's time for a whole new look and a bit of a break from the "look and feel" of TGC (which is mostly where things are visually still)
Old 03-25-2022, 03:48 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
I hope so too

Despite my personal misgivings about the current offering, I'm very much in the wheelhouse to be a buyer if there's a major new update.

I'm generally a sucker for all new golf games that are somewhat "realism" oriented. I just feel it's time for a whole new look and a bit of a break from the "look and feel" of TGC (which is mostly where things are visually still)

Same here, I feel this game needs a huge graphical leap, it currently looks late PS3 to me. I want to see it at least look as good as Rory 15 at minimum.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2022, 01:53 AM   #16
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I think it’s been said that the reason they use the engine they do is because of the course creator. It’s the only engine that it can work on if I’m not mistaken. So I think it’ll either be new engine and they scrap the course creator or go the ea route and full course + playable golfer and no user courses. I think anything is up in the air at this point. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if the only way tiger is integrated IS the course creator.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »