Home

It now seems logical we will get PGA Tour 2k23 this year

This is a discussion on It now seems logical we will get PGA Tour 2k23 this year within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2022, 11:15 PM   #233
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: It now seems logical we will get PGA Tour 2k23 this year

I think I've read somewhere that all of the Golf Club and 2k21 games came out in August. Just odd that we're in mid June and haven't heard anything. I've listed to that clip multiple times now, and unless I'm crazy, he says "coming out in August".

I'm stoked.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:41 PM   #234
MVP

Not sure if I'm excited or not yet

Hope we hear something soon about the release and how much and what kind of an update/upgrade it is.
Old 06-11-2022, 05:16 AM   #235
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Not sure if I'm excited or not yet

Hope we hear something soon about the release and how much and what kind of an update/upgrade it is.
Seems to the thing the year with sports games announce it a little more than two months out. Madden did the same this year, after usually announcing around the draft. Probably in the next week or two would be my bet. More curious to see the tiger integration is going to be hopefully more than just the course designer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2022, 08:03 AM   #236
Rookie

Posted this on the other thread about the Luke Elvy comments, but figured it sits best here probably

I think there's every chance that it is coming at the same time of the year as 2K21, but the defections to LIV Golf have held up any announcements until they knew which players they'd be able to use.

Might end up being a low roster of real life Pros (playable or non-playable) at launch given a few that were in 2K21 that will now likely not be part of the game.

Could maybe be beefed up by post launch DLC
Old 06-11-2022, 11:27 AM   #237
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
I think I've read somewhere that all of the Golf Club and 2k21 games came out in August. Just odd that we're in mid June and haven't heard anything. I've listed to that clip multiple times now, and unless I'm crazy, he says "coming out in August".

I'm stoked.
Just listened from the 40 minute mark on... he definitely says "August" as the release date after saying he's still the voice of PGA TOUR 2K. I take that as a confirmation of an August release. PGA TOUR 2K21 came out August 21, 2020. There does seem to be a growing trend of announcing games 2 months prior to release. I think it would be a great fit to announce this one the week of U.S. Open next week. In fact I'll be surprised if they don't have press release about it next week.

I can't lie... I'm stoked for it. I think they'll probably have improved the gameplay and taken more advantage of next-generation hardware with this one. I've pretty much given up any hope that they'll make a core chance to the swing interface, where swing path rather than swing tempo would be the determinate of hook/slice, and instead tempo would be the determinate of push/pull. I've played this counter-intuitive swing mechanic for almost two years now, and it still seems to be bass ackwards.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:28 PM   #238
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

If the way they rolled out the last game is any indication of how they do things the game might already be out and we wouldn't know.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:55 PM   #239
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

https://realsport101.com/pga-tour-2k...urses-golfers/

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-14-2022, 03:08 PM   #240
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

That post is old news, I believe. When that news came out months ago about the status of 2k scheduling for the quarter ending in March, most here assumed that meant March at the latest. We're hoping it comes out sooner obviously, and when Luke Elvy said "coming out in August" it kind of confirmed that it would be released well before March 23.

Not likely at this point that it's coming this month, but I'm still betting we get it before Christmas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »