Home

TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me…

This is a discussion on TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me… within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2022, 01:23 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me…

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
As much as I complain about the putting breaking right off the blade of the stick on Rory, at least they had something right. Even on expert on TW14, I have to aim way past the hole just about all the time even on tournament greens. On tournament greens like Chambers Bay and Oakmont on Rory, I really had to putt defensively on breaking downhill putts, ie not really trying to make it, just didn't want a long one coming back. Had to aim way short of the hole.
Been playing a bit of Rory lately, and I really like the challenge of putting. I never feel cheated.

If I was playing with a group of guys that all used diagonal swing, then I would use it to play with them.

Honestly, it adds difficulty I'm not interested in. I play with the hardest settings in everything else, but I don't want to try to hit diagonal. On top of it being really hard for me to get down (I suck at aiming in shooters, too), As long as I'm having to calculate club and power, and still adjust fade and draw and such, I'm okay skipping that part.

I play around par at best. The main thing for me is taking out the zoom to aim. If I start beating the pros in my career, then I might go with diagonal swings.

But if there is a country club, and those are the settings, I also don't mind losing if I'm playing on all the same settings. i just keep practicing. But if I'm competing with myself in a solo mode, I won't use it.
Old 04-27-2022, 10:17 AM   #34
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, I love TW14 and have all the DLC on the 360 (hoping it becomes playable with RPCS3 soon though) and only way I play is hardest setting all assists off so diagonal swing path, no green grid, strike meter disappearing but still needing to hold it where you think it is, etc.

Just how I like to play it as it doesn't mean all up and down up the middle as I spray plenty. It's actually a real challenge and took me a long time to make the tour but I like the challenge, for me anyway.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:32 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
Yeah, I love TW14 and have all the DLC on the 360 (hoping it becomes playable with RPCS3 soon though) and only way I play is hardest setting all assists off so diagonal swing path, no green grid, strike meter disappearing but still needing to hold it where you think it is, etc.

Just how I like to play it as it doesn't mean all up and down up the middle as I spray plenty. It's actually a real challenge and took me a long time to make the tour but I like the challenge, for me anyway.

Agree with all that - great game!

For me, at this point in time, the issue has finally become graphics.

They unfortunately are just so dated and low resolution (compared to modern games I mean) that it's harder and harder to enjoy.

For a golf game, I've always wanted the best graphics I can get, as so much extra enjoyment for me comes from a realistic and immersive atmosphere and "feeling".

I really hope the next gen of golf games delivers on that.

As an aside - I also hope the emulation of TW14 keeps progressing. If a day comes where we can play that with upscaled graphics in RPCS3 or Xenia -- oh man -- that would be amazing, because the content is all there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2022, 04:50 PM   #36
Banned

TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me…

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Agree with all that - great game!

For me, at this point in time, the issue has finally become graphics.

They unfortunately are just so dated and low resolution (compared to modern games I mean) that it's harder and harder to enjoy.

For a golf game, I've always wanted the best graphics I can get, as so much extra enjoyment for me comes from a realistic and immersive atmosphere and "feeling".

I really hope the next gen of golf games delivers on that.

As an aside - I also hope the emulation of TW14 keeps progressing. If a day comes where we can play that with upscaled graphics in RPCS3 or Xenia -- oh man -- that would be amazing, because the content is all there.

Imagine a video like this with Augusta….I might cry 🤣

https://youtu.be/zHCZmbTT-_E

https://youtu.be/0SOd_xmZwl8

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Old 04-27-2022, 05:10 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
Imagine a video like this with Augusta….I might cry ��

https://youtu.be/zHCZmbTT-_E

https://youtu.be/0SOd_xmZwl8

I have to say, the Sawgrass one looked mostly "brighter" than much "better"...

Really does make me wonder how much we could squeeze out of TW14 with emulation and upscaling ... and maybe some re-shade type of stuff... some day

The Wolf Creek one, however, whole new deal..

The lighting engine and capabilities can add so much
Old 04-27-2022, 06:28 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I have to say, the Sawgrass one looked mostly "brighter" than much "better"...

Really does make me wonder how much we could squeeze out of TW14 with emulation and upscaling ... and maybe some re-shade type of stuff... some day

The Wolf Creek one, however, whole new deal..

The lighting engine and capabilities can add so much

I agree, I posted then watched the sawgrass one. Figured Wolf Creek showed the change off more so I added it too.

Old 04-28-2022, 12:58 AM   #39
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah very true regarding the graphics. I mean, gameplay is where it's at for me when it comes to gaming but a golf game is enhanced when it looks great.

Hopefully PGA 23 is the TW14 successor otherwise I'm looking forward to when TW14 is playable on RPCS3 in 4k

Although I'm actually looking at picking up a cheap old HD or Full HD set just for my 360 and TW14 given it'll look a little better than when it's upscaled on a 4k TV.

Last edited by donkey33; 04-28-2022 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:11 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
Hopefully PGA 23 is the TW14 successor otherwise I'm looking forward to when TW14 is playable on RPCS3 in 4k
I am really hoping the emulation gets there.

To this very day the hockey game I play is still PS3 NHL legacy edition. But I only play through emulation anymore even though I have it on the PS3 in the other room. It’s just better… and loads faster and looks better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »