Home

TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me…

This is a discussion on TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me… within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2022, 08:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me…

So with PGA 22 being delayed a year, I decided to pull my old PS3 back out so I could play Augusta in its latest video game form. I forgot how good this game really is. It has EVERYTHING I need in a golf game, TONS of courses (I own all DLC, got lucky after they were already taken off PS Store and found a code on Amazon for the TPC 4 pack & 14 course pack-Historic Edition upgrade) the number of courses is everything you need. Really enjoying the 4 fantasy courses. It has Quick Tournaments, which is like Play Now but your in the final round vs AI and there is a actual leaderboard…. UNLIKE PGA 15 where Play Now is basically a practice round with fans. I love turning the Ai up all the way and seeing if I can match them. The career mode is very solid, complete with a Trophy Room!

The only downsides to this game? Well, obviously time. The graphics are borderline awful and load times can be a pain. The 2 areas where PGA 15 did shine.

I say all that to say this, If any EA devs are reading this by chance, make PGA 23 as close as possible to TW14. Sure you can have some of the Arcady elements for those who want it, but at the core, I want a golf game. Not night club garbage.

Did I mention I’m using a black DuelSense wireless controller to play it with? 🤣

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max

Last edited by VoltSwoosh; 03-30-2022 at 09:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2022, 09:02 PM   #2
Rookie

binga30's Arena

Re: TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me…

Is the DLC still available nowadays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2022, 09:08 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
Is the DLC still available nowadays?

Unfortunately, at least on ps3, I don’t believe it is UNLESS you know how to “mod” your console and then there may be a slim chance.

Wish I could help more.

Old 03-30-2022, 09:21 PM   #4
Rookie

binga30's Arena

Yeah I dabbled in some rpcs3 DLC, really need it for Xbox 360 though.

Old 03-30-2022, 09:27 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
Yeah I dabbled in some rpcs3 DLC, really need it for Xbox 360 though.

Ahhh I see.

That’s the thing I HATE about DLC, if you miss out on it, most likely you will never get it. There’s some old NASCAR 09 DLC I’d love to own but it’s obviously been off the store for over a decade.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2022, 12:16 AM   #6
MVP

I don't have any personal experience with those PS5 controllers, but I keep reading how they are very additive to the experience if devs implement things correctly.

I definitely would like to see something interesting there for PGA23
Old 03-31-2022, 12:18 AM   #7
MVP

Overall I agree with you about TW14 except for off the tee.

I've always found the off the tee part of the game too boring as it's -- IMO -- way way way too easy to hit perfectly straight shots. Fix that, and I love the rest.

I agree with you about the graphics at this point -- especially once one tries and knows what is possible with Rory, etc

If I can mostly get TW14 dressed up as Rory 23 -- I'd be in heaven
Old 03-31-2022, 11:21 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Overall I agree with you about TW14 except for off the tee.

I've always found the off the tee part of the game too boring as it's -- IMO -- way way way too easy to hit perfectly straight shots. Fix that, and I love the rest.

I agree with you about the graphics at this point -- especially once one tries and knows what is possible with Rory, etc

If I can mostly get TW14 dressed up as Rory 23 -- I'd be in heaven

Yeah, you can pretty much flick the stick and get a good drive, besides that, everything has distance and feel to it. I love hitting shorter irons into greens and trying to gauge it just right to get perfect distance. Putting is challenging in the right greens(ESP the fantasy courses,Highlands,The Predator,Emerald Dragon and Greek Isles. Each with tiny greens)… Something I feel Rory doesn’t have at all is feel, it’s like only distance matters. Hope that makes sense. Glad to hear a new mechanic is coming in 23.

Anyways, even with the graphics and atmosphere being kinda bad especially to Rory 15, it’s still a great game. You have courses ranging from Augusta National in literally 1934 all the way to the crazy Fantasy courses that are almost impossible to master. Legendary golfers are abundant along with a good roster for its time and still some big names like Rory and DJ. Obviously Tiger too. I can’t imagine what a game with this much content would be like with good graphics…. I would never leave the house.

I use the DuelSense I purchased when I thought I’d have a ps5 soon, it works great with ps3 besides no rumble. No biggie for most games to me. I’d love for PGA 23 to have something where you could have the controller do the “heartbeat” when having a important putt. That would be neat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »