Home

Taras Novoseltsev- BAP Goalie Story.

This is a discussion on Taras Novoseltsev- BAP Goalie Story. within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Taras Novoseltsev- BAP Goalie Story.

Yeah.. I think my goalie career is over. 13 to 1 is horrible. I think I will remake a right winger or something lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarasNovoseltsev
Yeah.. I think my goalie career is over. 13 to 1 is horrible. I think I will remake a right winger or something lol.

If you want to play goalie try maybe 6' 1"+ and not on superstar. But good luck if you try with a bigger goalie or just move to a forward.

NHL - Detroit Red Wings - 2 - 0 lead over Chicago
NCAAF - Michigan Wolverines

NHL Goalie BAP: The Career of Derrick Graham
Old 05-14-2009, 07:50 AM   #27
Rookie

Yeah, I am going to move to forward.

EDIT. Im just goign to turn down the difficulty lol.

Last edited by TarasNovoseltsev; 05-14-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #28
Rookie

It was Sunday, 28 September, and practice was at 6 am tomorrow. I had just moved in yesterday into a tiny apartment, where I could hardly move around. This was home to me now; I would have to adjust to this lifestyle. I came to with 200 dollars in my pocket, plus my new contract deal which promises me 30,000 dollars, for clothes, and luxury. How was I going to spend this money? I decided to invest a few dollars into making my pad a little more styling. After I cleaned up, I decided to go to the store. I picked up the telephone and called Olesya, to come to the store with me. She agreed to accompany me on my trip. “Where do you want to go,” she asked me as we walked to her car. “I want to be Americanized,” I replied chuckling to my own sense of humor. Olesya got into the driver seat of her car, and started up her little red Honda. “We should first get you some new clothes, so you don’t look so foreign,” she said with a smirk. “I will take you the mall to get a suit, to look more professional. You don’t want your coach thinking you are a slob.”

I couldn’t help but agree with her, after all, she was experienced here, and I would end up being the student. Olesya pulled into the nearest parking space, and turned the car off. “Lets go,” she said as she got out of her car and locked it. I followed along walking the same pace as her. When we got inside of the mall, I was struck by all of the stores. There were stores for everything! This was not like back home at all. “Welcome to your first mall,” Olesya let out a laugh. I was watching everything happen in the mall, and there were sweet smells of food coming from every direction. “Come on, I know a suit store not to far from here,” she said, waving for me to follow. As we walked to the suit store, we again made small talk about our country. This time it was about politics, which I didn’t care much about, so I ended up agreeing with her views to amuse her. I used a lot of “yeah”, and “I agree to what you mean,” phrases to pretend that I was listening to what she was saying. The suit shop had all kinds of suits laid out in the store. There red suits, blue suits, green suits, it seemed any color was possible. “Let’s find someone who can help us.” I stood there waiting for some help to pick out my suit, when a short, round man came up to me. “How can I be of service”, he asked in a kind tone. “My friend here is looking for a suit. He is a hockey player, so he must look good for his fans,” Olesya moved her hands to my neck. I was trying to understand what she said; I mean I’m not stupid; I could pick out one or two words from sentences. I turned to Olesya, “what about the cost of the suits.”? “Doesn’t matter, you must impress your coach at all cost,” she said as she put her hand on my arm.

The round employee then took me around the store. We must have looked at 10 suits or more, and I found myself bored at shopping. “How much more time will this take,” I asked Olesya in Ukrainian. “Not much longer,” she told me as waited outside of the dressing room. I came out of the changing room wearing a dark blue suit, with black pants. “Very handsome,” Olesya said in English, probably to confuse me. “What,” I answered. “I said that you look very handsome,” she said smiling at me. “Thanks,” I replied to her. “How much does the suit cost in dollars,” I asked my now smiling interrupter. “400 dollars,” she told me. Luckily, I had brought some cash with me, from my contract. I kept about 600 dollars, on me, which was very stupid to do, but I didn’t know any better. I promptly paid the man the 400 dollars for the suit and he put it into a carefully packaged bag for me. “Thank you,” I said in English, but it was mumbled and mispronounced. Olesya told the man “Thank you,” also, in better English than I had spoken.

For some reason, this purchase was very special to me. It was the first thing that I had bought in America. I would keep the suit tidy, and give it special care. As we both stepped out of the suit store, she turned to me, and looked to my hair. I hadn’t cut my hair in a long time and it was growing long. “We should do something about your hair,” Olesya said running her fingers through my hair. “I know this good place in the mall to get your hair cut for less than 100.” I agreed to cut my hair, because my mind had gone blank when she ran her fingers through my hair. I couldn’t tell if she was flirting with me, or trying to be a mentor type. This had confused me.

We seemed to walk for miles through the whistles and loud noises of the mall. We passed toy shops, women’s clothes, a pet store where dogs were barking, fruit stands; there was a lot to do inside of this mall. “Here we are,” Olesya said as we had finally reached the barber shop. I took a moment to look around the barber shop, and noticed that there were a lot of good looking women working there. This was my kind of errand. “Ok let’s fix up your hair,” Olesya said while pulling me inside. “How may I help you?”, a good looking blonde asked us, she was the receptionist. ‘One haircut please,” Olesya ordered. “Ok,” has a seat please,” the receptionist replied, while looking at a list of scheduled customers. “Ok we are ready for you, Mr. um, Novoseltsev, the female barber had mispronounced my name. I arose to my feet, and followed the barber to her station. “Ok what can I do for you today,?” she asked in a polite manner. “I want my hair kind of short,” I told her through Olesya. It didn’t take very long for the barber to cut my full month grown hair, and I felt my hair being snipped off one scissor cut at a time.

She had tried to make small talk with me, but I didn’t understand her, and I didn’t answer her questions. Finally my interrupter stepped in and told the young barber that I didn’t speak any English. “Oh, I see,” the barber replied, continuing to cut away at my hair. The barber finished up, and I was left with a brand new haircut, which I thought was too short. “Very nice,” Olesya said in Ukrainian. I paid the barber 100 dollars for her work, and we left the mall soon after.

“So, you have practice tomorrow,”? Olesya said while we got into her car. “Yeah, I can’t wait to try out the pads they will have for me tomorrow,” I said as we zoomed back to the hotel. “Are you keeping up with yourself,” Olesya asked. “Yeah, I am trying to find things to do before each hockey game,” I said hoping that she would ask me to go do something around town. “If you ever need me, here is my card, don’t be afraid to give me a call,” Olesya handed me a small business card with her name and telephone number on it. “Thanks, I will give you a call,” I said slyly as I got out of the car and stood in front of the hotel. “See you,” Olesya waved as I shut her door, and zoomed off.

Walking into the hotel, I walked towards the elevator to go up to my floor. The hotel seemed empty except for the employees, and a few business people. I shrugged and got into the elevator, and rode it up to my floor. I got out, and made it to my room, and unlocked the door. Since I had nothing to eat for tonight, I would be ordering room service. “****,” I thought to myself, I don’t know how to order food in English. Anyways, I was able to order some chicken fingers, and fries, which became my favorite food. The rest of the night became movie night.. untill I fell asleep on the counch. I was awoken by the television, and decided that it was bedtime. I set my alarm for 5, so that I could be ready for the early 6 am pracitce tomorrow. Tomorrow, I would show people that Ukrainians can play hockey. It was more than a game for me, this is my life.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #29
MVP

derrickthomas58's Arena

OVR: 22

Good job! Are you still copying from Word? Cause I don't see those weird things anymore...just wondering.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickthomas58
Good job! Are you still copying from Word? Cause I don't see those weird things anymore...just wondering.
Yeah. I kinda wrote too much I think.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #31
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Taras Novoseltsev- BAP Goalie Story.

wow 187 views, I want more comments!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarasNovoseltsev
Yeah. I kinda wrote too much I think.
you can never write too much if it's written well.

that last post was really well done, if they had a smiley face that had somebody clapping, i would post it for you, lol.

that last scene of you ordering chicken fingers from room service reminded me of this nhl commercial. great imagery in all the various scenes, lots of good detail, and definitely some interesting insights into taras' mind.

i liked the part where she mispronounced his name, hehe. wait a second, i would too!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »