Home

The One That Will Last a Lifetime: A NYR NHL 09 Dynasty

This is a discussion on The One That Will Last a Lifetime: A NYR NHL 09 Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: The One That Will Last a Lifetime: A NYR NHL 09 Dynasty

GAME 10: @

: 0, 0, 0, 0, 1 = 1
: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 = 0

SCORING SUMMARY:

1st:
no scoring.

2nd:
no scoring.

3rd:
no scoring.

OVERTIME:
no scoring.

SHOOTOUT SUMMARY:

NIKOLAI ZHERDEV: SAVE
RICK NASH: SAVE
SCOTT GOMEZ: DEKES BACKHAND, SCORES
JAN HEJDA: MISSED NET
ANTOINE VERMETTE: DEKES FOREHAND, SCORES

RANGERS WIN SHOOTOUT, 2-0

GOALIE MATCHUPS:

HENRIK LUNDQVIST--

STEVE MASON--

H LUNDQVIST: 22/22 S, 100.0 SV%, 0 GA, 0.00 GAA, 64:51 MIN

S MASON: 29/29 S, 100.0 SV%, 0 GA, 0.00 GAA, 65:00 MIN

OPPENHEIMER FUNDS TEAM CONTRIBUTOR AWARD:

HENRIK LUNDQVIST

22 SAVES, 0 GOALS, 3/3 IN SHOOTOUT
Old 06-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #58
Banned

LUNDQVIST, RANGERS OUT-DUEL JACKETS

Goalie Henrik Lundqvist stopped all 22 shots last night

The Rangers' newer roster holds two ex Columbus Blue Jackets in Nikolai Zherdev and Antoine Vermette. Yet when the Bluehsirts visited the Jackets last night at Nationwide Arena, the two held nothing back, with Zherdev getting multiple hits and scoring opportunities, and Antoine winning numeerous faceoffs, and scoring the game winning goal for New York in the shootout.
“Anytime you go and visit one of your old teams, it's pretty hard to focus,” said Vermette, a third line center with the Blueshirts this year.
“It was difficult,” Zherdev said, who has a 1 year contract with the Rangers after having behavioral problems with the Blue Jackets last season.
“The two of them played great for us tonight,” said Rangers Head Coach John Tortorella.
“Niky had some real good shots and opportunities for us, and it seemed like [the Blue Jackets] defense couldn't keep Antoine's speed in check.”
However, the real story lay in the goaltending numbers of last night's game, as rookie phenom Steve Mason and Rangers all-star Henrik Lundqvist both held the game to a scoreless tie all the way until the shootout, with Mason stopping 29 shots, and “Hank” stopping all 22 he faced.
“They both played great,” Rangers assistant captain and 1st line center Scott Gomez said.
“I'm just glad that in the end, it was Hank who came out on top.”
Old 06-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #59
Rookie

kzoz21's Arena

OVR: 12

that does seem to be the case but right now i need a center not another winger any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoz21
that does seem to be the case but right now i need a center not another winger any suggestions?
stamkos is usually 90-95 ovr by the end of 2011 or so. he'll probably go for Staal straight up, bc staal's A potential makes computer run GM's go absolutely ga-ga.

Btw, you should check out my bap, haha, this isn't nearly as good as that.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #61
Rookie

kzoz21's Arena

OVR: 12

oh i have i started with hurst's then moved to your's and quickels's. all three so good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #62
Banned

@

: 0, 1, 0 = 1
: 0, 1, 1 = 2

SCORING SUMMARY:

1st:
no scoring.

2nd:
2:51: NIKOLAI ZHERDEV (PP) (B Sanguinetti)
4:49: PASCAL DUPUIS (B Orpik)

3rd:
19:04: CHRIS DRURY (R Callahan, J Pitkanen)

GOALIE MATCHUPS:

HENRIK LUNDQVIST--

MARC-ANDRE FLEURY--

H LUNDQVIST: 16/17 S, 94.1 SV%, 1 GA, 1.01 GAA, 59:37 MIN

M FLEURY: 24/26 S, 92.3 SV%, 2 GA, 2.00 GAA, 59:53 MIN

OPPENHEIMER FUNDS TEAM CONTRIBUTER AWARD:

C CHRIS DRURY

1 G, 0 A, 1 PT, 7 SHOTS, 1 HIT, 19:13 MIN, GWG
Old 06-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #63
Banned

CAPTAIN CLUTCH COMES THROUGH, WINS 5TH STRAIGHT

Chris Drury scored the game winning goal with less than a minute left in play.

It was “Captain Clutch” who came up big for the New York Rangers last night at Madison Square Garden, as the Blueshirts won their fifth straight. The 2nd line center scored a dazzling game winning goal against Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury with 56 seconds left in regulation.
“I just got lucky,” Drury joked with the media. “I got the puck from Cally, and just kind of.....spun around.”
The Rangers advance to their fifth straight victory, and now have a record of 9-0-2.
“It feels pretty good,” said Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, who stopped 16 of 17 shots against.
“Everyone is performing to their full potential right now,” said Blueshirts coach John Tortorella. “Especially the guys on the 3rd and 4th lines, but everyone on the team is playing their hearts out, and it really shows.”
When asked what the secret to the team's success was, Rangers center Scott Gomez replied with, “You know, a lot of partying. We're all extreme when it comes to that kind of stuff. But also, the mood in the locker room is pretty good right now.”
The game started off slow with a scoreless first period. However, the game was filled with intensity, and had a lot of close scoring opportunities by Penguins and Rangers players.
Early in the 2nd period, Penguins Captain and franchise center Sidney Crosby was called for tripping, much to the Ranger's crowd's delight.
About 10 seconds in to the powerplay, Rangers right winger Nikolai Zherdev scored his 8th goal of the season, pulling off an Ovechkin-like goal, dekeing past a defender at the blue line, and sniping the puck through another defender's legs, over Fleury's glove, to give the Blueshirts a 1-0 lead.
However, almost 2 minutes later, Penguins grinder Pascal Dupuis tied the game up for the Penguins, slipping a puck through Lundqvist's legs on a breakaway. The goal came off of a bad line change by the Ranger's defense.
“That's something we've been having a problem with, lately,” said Ranger's defenseman Tomas Kaberle. “If we want to keep playing like this, we have to have more discipline, and stay focused on line changes.”
Dupuis' goal would be the only Penguins goal, however, as Ranger's captain Chris Drury scored with less than a minute to go in the third period, blazing past two defenders, and cutting across the crease, pulling off a spin-o-rama, and firing the puck past Fleury, to give the Blueshirts another victory.
“When the mood in the locker room is this good, it's hard for anything to put us down,” said Rangers defenseman Ryan Whitney. Whitney leads NHL Defenseman in scoring points.
The Rangers face long time divisional rivals, the New York Islanders, on Monday night, at Nassau Coliseum, at 7 PM. The Islanders are 2-3-1, but will be looking to become the first squad to put the high-soaring Blueshirts down.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #64
Banned

guys--I think I'm done with posting this dynasty.

I've come to this decision for a number of reasons:

1. I'm just not that "into it" anymore, and I also feel that you guys aren't that "into it", either.

2. I have the irrisistable urge to make highly unrealistic trades, like for Ovie and Crosby and such. I do this all the time in my personal dynasties--lets face it, that kind of behavior makes me labelled as someone "not cut out" for dynasties.

3. I want to write a SECOND BAP, one which I hope will secondly to Mikko. Mikko, of course, will come first. But I feel like I made some mistakes with Mikko, and I've also become a much better writer. I didn't want to start over, because I love what I've got going with him. However, I enjoy playing BAP much more than dynasty mode, so I will be making a second one.

I hope you all will follow this second BAP as fervently as you have Mikko, and I sincerely apologize to all of you who like this dynasty!

Who knows...maybe one day, I will come back to this baby!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »