Home

The One That Will Last a Lifetime: A NYR NHL 09 Dynasty

This is a discussion on The One That Will Last a Lifetime: A NYR NHL 09 Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
The One That Will Last a Lifetime: A NYR NHL 09 Dynasty

hey all, i'm starting a dynasty with my favorite team, the new york rangers. i'm not going to update this as much as i update my BAP. but this is just for fun, whenever i'm bored of playing BAP, i'll turn this baby on and update.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Banned

Re: The One That Will Last a Lifetime: A NYR NHL 09 Dynasty

Glen Sather's time with the New York Rangers has finally ran out. After signing big contract after big contract, Sather has been ousted by the Dolan family after being publicly criticized for his mistakes.

“The key to hockey is team chemistry,” Charles Dolan said in a recent press conference. “Our team has none—in it's place is multi year, multi million dollar contracts that provide no motivation to our team whatsoever.”

“We've got an incredibly high cap hit, yet it seems we never have a player that can get over 60 points in one season. The only good thing he's done for this franchise is bringing in Hank. We need a new owner, a new face for the organization.”

“We're turning into the goddamn Yankees, over here,” Dolar continues. “It's pathetic—we're overpaying almost everyone on the team, and we can't perform, no matter who we have as a coach behind the bench.”

Dolan, of course, refers to the coaching change made mid-way through the 2007-08 season. Long time Rangers coach Tom Renney, who had often been criticized for his boring, defensive play, was replaced by the fiesty John “Torts” Tortorella. Torts had great success with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004, and is known for his offensive-based gameplay. He is also known for his complete lack of patience or tolerance with most of his goalies. However, Tortorella was unable to get the Rangers past the second round, and they lost in 6 games to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

“This is upsetting, to say the least,” Sather said. “I wasn't expecting this—I don't think anyone was. I just want to thank Mr. Dolan and the rest of the New York Rangers organization for being so hospitable for me. The Rangers will always be my one true team.”

The lack of any reasonable candidate for General Manager has left Dolan in quite a hole.

“I didn't know who to sign, at first,” said Dolan. But I got word of a young guy, actually. He's big in Finland, claims he used to play goal.”

Who, exactly, is this unknown Finn?

New York, meet 21 year old Mikko Lehtinen. The Ranger's new General Manager. Will the pressure of managing a big market hockey team bring down the youngster? Or will the youthful 21 year old fix the Blueshirt's problems, becoming the hero that this hockey team so desperately needs? Only time will tell.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #3
Banned

USING MOST RECENT EA ROSTER UPDATE, DEFAULT ALL-STAR SLIDERS, 6 MINUTE PERIODS.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
Pro

FlyersFan30's Arena

OVR: 14

Awsome I'm following
Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Mikko should sign Mikko
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
Banned

Not even a day after being announced as New York Rangers general manager, young Mikko Lehtinen has already swapped multiple players, and has made some deals that may shock more devoted Rangers fans.

NYR trades:

D Paul Mara
LW Mark Bell
RW Colton Orr

CBJ trades:
C Antoine Vermette

NYR trades:

D Michael Roszival
2009 first round draft pick

CAR trades:
D Joni Pitkanen

NYR trades:
D Derek Morris
D Wade Redden

TOR trades:
D Tomas Kaberle

NYR call up:

D Bobby Sanguinetti

NYR trades:
LW Markus Naslund
LW Patrick Rismiller

ANA trades:
D Ryan Whitney

VERMETTE:

PITKANEN:

KABERLE:

SANGUINETTI:

*****AUTHOR'S NOTE****

This isn't going to be the trading update format for the rest of the dynasty. It's late, i'm tired and lazy and didn't feel like writing an entire article on all the starting trades i did. so i just got some pics and wrote down the trades like that, lol.

anyways, tell me what you think so far. some big trades, i know. but i can kind of see these trades happening. i'm kind of MEH on the kaberle trade, but when i went to toronto, everyone was just complaining about him, and roszy and morris are big tough guys...exactly what burke likes.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan30
Awsome I'm following
lol that was quick, haha!

and ohagen, id have mikko sign himself, but that would ruin the sidestory.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Cant wait till next upfdate

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »