Home

New York Islanders (NHL 09)

This is a discussion on New York Islanders (NHL 09) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: New York Islanders (NHL 09)

Islanders sign young defensemen!

The New York Islanders have signed young defensemen, Philip Larsen to a 3 year deal. He is expected to be sent to the minors where he can play everyday and develop his skills. "Im excited to get my opportunity to show my skill set off to the world. This is a life-time dream of mine, to play in the NHL. I know my role wont be much to start with with the Tigers, but im sure that will change once I show them what I can do out there." - Philip Larsen.

In other news, The Islanders have traded: (C) Matthew Keith and (LW) Mitch Fritz to Minnesota for young winger Petr Kalus. "We have an abundance of young stud centers down in the minors and we're lacking depth at our right side. Petr is another stud we have put in our system and hope he can flurish into the player we know he can. - Islanders GM Garth Snow.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #10
MVP

(RW) Jody Shelley will be out of action for 60 days

Last edited by kenp86; 05-22-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #11
MVP

Game 1 (10/10/08): NY Islanders vs NJ Devils
In the early stages of the first period, Bergenheim skates into the zone and finds Dougie Weight in the middle of the ice. "I couldn't believe I was left that wide open. There wasn't a Devil player even near me. Bergenheim found me and I put it past Marty. That wide-open, what did you expect me to do?{As he laughs}) - Doug Weight on his goal in the first period. Minutes later, Jeff Tambelliniskates into the offensive zone, dekes two Devil defenders and steal the cookies from the top shelf.

Late in the 2nd period, DiPietro gives up a HUGE rebound and it costs him, as Patrick Elias slides the puck just passed the out-stretched Rick DiPietro. "I cant believe I gave that rebound up like that. I usually handle rebounds very good, but for some reason I let that one go and it burned me. It wont happen again." - DiPietro on Patrick Elias goal.

Early third period, the Isles cycle the puck in the offensive zone. Tambellini gets puck behind the net, circles around to the front and banks it off Brodeurs shoulder to go up 3-1. Devils have the puck in the offensive zone for a good while as the defensemen shoots the puck wide off the board. Danius Zubrus is standing at the side of the net as the puck finds in and Zubrus knows what to do as he gets the Devils within 1. With the net empty for the Devils, newly named captain Kyle Okposo gets the puck on a break-a-way and finds the back of the net to ice the game.

Islanders beat the Devils 4-2.

3 Stars of the Game:
1st star: Jeff Tambellini (2G)
2nd star: Mark Streit (2A)
3rd star: Danius Zubrus (1G)

Shots: 18 15
Hits: 22 18
Faceoffs: 7 15
Time of Attack: 6:00 7:16
PIM: 0 0
Power Play: 0/0 0/0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 01:08 AM   #12
MVP

(G) Ryan Miller will be out of action for 17 days
Old 05-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #13
MVP

Game 2 (10/11/08): St.Louis Blues vs NY Islanders:
Late in the 1st period, Mark Streit brings the puck up the ice. He avoids the hit at the blue line and finds Richard Park. As Park is getting hit, he gets the shot off and in the back of the net. "I dont really know how I got the shot off. I think thats what saved me from taking the full brunt of the hit. If that would have happened, I would probably be out for awhile." - Richard Park on his goal tonight.

In the 2nd, the Blues tied it up at 1. We turned it over in our own zone and it cost us, as TJ Oshie bangs the puck in past DiPietro.Later in the period we untied it. Vasicek would shoot the puck at Legace and he makes the save. Vasicek poke checks the puck and it squeeks past Legace.

Islanders beat the Blues 2-1

"We are off to a fast start, even though we're only 2 games in. But who had us here at 2-0? Who had us beating the Devils? Hopefully we can stay healthy and show the league what we can really do." - Coach Ken Plotzke on his teams play thus far.

3 Stars of the game:
1st star: Rick DiPietro (21 saves)
2nd star: Josef Vasicek (1G)
3rd star: Richard Park (1G)

Shots: 22 20
Hits: 33 26
Faceoffs: 15 5
Time of Attack: 7:58 5:02
PIM: 0 6:00
PP: 0/3 0/0
Old 05-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
MVP

signs Linus Omark(LW- 3yr)
signs Brad Isbister (LW- 3yr)

Bryce Salvadore(LW) is out (9 Days)
Adrian Aucoin(D) is out (11 Days)
Old 05-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
MVP

Game 3 (10/13/08) Buffalo Sabres vs NY Islanders:
Early on, I knew this was gonna be a hard game. But I didnt think it would have been this hard. However we got off quick lead in the first. Off a Jeff Tambellini shot, Kyle Okposo puts in the rebound to get us up 1-0. But from there it was down hill. Off a offensive zone face-off win, Spacek takes the shot from the pointand DiPietro gets the save. Or at least he should have. As DiPietro is waiting for the whistle, Thomas Vanek skates up and poke checks the puck in the net. "WTF? Why wasnt the whistle blown? Every game, the whistle is blown right away and they decide, for some damn reason not to today? Its f&$kin rediculous. Have some consistency out there from night to night." - Rick DiPietro on the officials.

We get back on the board after Bergenheim gives th epuck up in the offensive zone and then Connelly puts it in the back of the net. "I cant believe I did that. My mind was looking up the ice for the long pass when Bergenheim hit me from behind and the puck came loose." - Tim Connelly on his gaff in todays game. But, that would be the end of the Isles scoring. Cuz on a delayed penalty in the 3rd period, the Sabres brought the pressure with the extra attacker and score as Vanek puts it top shelf. "He put it right were no goalie can get it. He put it right at the elbow on the glove side. I give Thomas all the credit. It takes a lot of skill too put it in that spot." - DiPietro on Thomas Vaneks goal. They would add another on a delayed penalty late in the game.

Buffalo Sabres beat the NY Islanders 4-2.

3 Stars of the game:
1st star: Maxim Afinogenov (2G, 1A)
2nd star: Thomas Vanek (2G, 1A)
3rd star: Jaroslav Spacek (3A)

Shots: 22 20
Hits: 17 23
Face-offs: 18 4
Time of Attack: 5:45 5:44
PIM: 0 2:00
PP: 1/1 0/0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #16
MVP

DiPietro fined 10K by NHL

Rick DiPietro has been fined 10K by the NHL for his comments regarding the officiating last game. This was an expected move by the league as it doesnt tolerate verbal abuse targeted at the officials. In Rick's defense, what did you expect him to do? The refs screwed him out of that win. He made a point tough. Every single game, the officials are quick to blow the whistle when the goaltender has the puck covered as to protect them. However, when the officiating is different and way unconsistant from game to game, something has to be said about it, in hopes that the league will look at this and hopefully try to fiz this problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »