Home

New York Islanders (NHL 09)

This is a discussion on New York Islanders (NHL 09) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: New York Islanders (NHL 09)

The Rivalry II

NY Islanders vs NY Rangers (11/4/08):
Thats right everybody, part 2 of this rivalry is already here. Just 8 days ago, the NY Islanders would take the first match-up 2-1 in a shootout. Was it a fluke? Will they steal another game from the Rangers?

Both teams had their chances in this game. Jeff Tambellini had a shot go off both posts and somehow stay out of the net. Marc Staal had a golden opportunity, but DiPietro denied him on a magnificent save. But it all came down to one bad penalty. Late in the 3rd period, Bruno Gervais took a bad penalty. He was called for a slashing call that, in my view was a terrible call. Nonetheless, the Isles were on a penalty kill. In the late stages of the PP, Wade Redden would find Scott Gomez as he goes low glove side for the only goal of the game. "Wade seen me from the line and just fired one to my stick. It was a perfect pass. There was a small opening low glove side, and I took it." - Scott Gomez.

Rangers over Islanders 1-0

"Both goaltenders played absolutely terrific. Both made game changing saves in the game for their team. Its just a shame for the game to end on a bad call like that. Rick played his @$$ of today, as did Henrik. We'll just have to get back and get better chances on Rick and Joey during practice." - Islanders coach Ken Plotzke on the goaltenders in todays game.

3 stars of the game:
1st star: Henrik Lundqvist (19 saves)
2nd star: Scott Gomez (1G)
3rd star: Rick DiPietro (16 saves)

AT
19Shots on Goal 17
23Hits20
6Faceoffs 10
6:47Time on Attack 5:36
2:00Penalty Minutes 0:00
0/0Power Plays 1/1

Islanders record: 4-5-3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #42
MVP

(RW) Aaron Voros (49 days- 11/4/08)
Old 05-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
This is going well man...maybe include current record for the team and goal counts for the players.

Just some suggestions...but keep it up.
Yeah im just now starting to put the record of the team in. just havnt remembered to write it down. gonna try to write down both teams record down.

And im thinking about doing scoring leaders and team leaders at the end of every month. October was too short to do it, so hopefully november or at least mid november

Also, thanks to DT for letting me use the logos and helping me out with the stat table
Old 05-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #44
MVP

NY Islanders vs Atlanta Thrashers (11/6/08):
This would be a offensive struggle. The only goal in the game came off our turnover as Kovalchuk goes 5 hole on DiPietro. "I should have had the save. Kovi shot it and I could feel it as it went between my legs and just slipped through. Its my fault, I have to do a better job."

Coach Plotzke said this after todays tough loss: "We need to get better opportunities on net. We need to make better decisions when shooting the puck. It looks like all our shots are going straight into the chest of the goaltenders we face. We have to get more of a variety of shots on net."

Thrashers over Isles 1-0

3 stars of the game:
1st star: Kari Lehtonen (25 saves)
2nd star: Ilya Kovalchuk (1G)
3rd star: Rick DiPietro (19 saves)

AT
25Shots on Goal 20
22Hits21
16Faceoffs 10
4:59Time on Attack 4:56
8:00Penalty Minutes 2:00
0/1Power Plays 0/4

Islanders record: 4-6-3
Old 05-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #45
MVP

Isles strike deal with Kings!

In a surprising move, the New York Islanders and the LA Kings have came to an agreement on a deal. The New York Islanders will trade (D) Andy Sutton and (C) Andy Hilbert to LA for (D) Kyle Quincy. Im not sure I understand this move. They gave up two players for another young defensemen. Perhaps, they made this move to clear up some cap space for a future move, potentially for a top flight winger or a back-up netminder. We'll just have to wait and see what Garth Snow is doing with this move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #46
MVP

sign (G) Fred Brathwaite to a 2 yr deal

(LW) Dustin Penner out (49 days- 11/5/08)
Old 05-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #47
MVP

Pittsburgh Penguins vs NY Islanders (11/8/08):
Off of Witt's blocked shot, Tambellini puts it past Fleury. "I dont think Fleury ever seen it. There was a lot of traffic in front and a mad scramble for the puck, it would just have been difficult to see the puck." Tied at 1 after a Guerin goal, Trent Hunter and Taylor play give and go. Hunter gets the final pass from Taylor and puts it in off Fleury's elbow.

On a Pittsburgh breakaway, Brenden Witt makes a diving play on Pens winger Petr Sykora. With 44.3 seconds left in the game, Miroslav Satan would tie it at 2-2 of an Islander turnover in their own zone.

Overtime was were things really got interesting. Middle of overtime, Malkin has the puck and here comes Witt as he just nails Malkin. Malkin would leave the game and not return. Minutes later, Cindy Crosby would make his impact on the game, in a controversial way. As hes skating into the offensive zone, Brenden Witt tries to poke check the puck off Crosby's stick. He mises the puck so he starts back-pedeling. Its at this time, when Witt is at least a full player away from Crosby, that Crosby takes a dive and falls to the ground and Witt gets called for the penalty.

"THATS A BS CALL!! CANT BELIEVE THE REFS ACTUALLY CALLED THAT A PENALTY, BUT OF COURSE THEY WOULD. CROSBY IS THE POSTER CHILD OF THE NHL, AND Y WOULD THE NHL DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT! IT JUST MAKES ME SICK, HOW THE REFS CALL ANYTHING FOR HIM AND WHEN HE DIVES LIKE HE DID, THEY GO BLIND!" - Coach Ken Plotzke on the penalty call in OT.

However, as bad as that call was, it would lead to absolutely nothing as the Pens fail to score. So we go to overtime.

Shootout results:
Crosby
Okposo (He clanked it off the post)

Staal
Tambellini
Sykora
Bergenheim

Penguins over Islanders 3-2(SO)

3 stars of the game:
1st star: Marc-Andre Fleury (29 saves)
2nd star: Miroslav Satan (1G)

3rd star: Trent Hunter (1G)

Comments of the game:

Cindy Crosby: "That was a dirty hit. Thats all there is to be said. this game shouldnt have been this close to begin with, we just had an off day. Witt should be suspended for his hit."

Brenden Witt: "What the hell does he know? He never gives credit to the other team when they clearly out played them. He cries about every call and every time anyone gets near him. Its hockey dude, get used to the contact and stop bitching about it. And as for the hit of Malkin, I wish it would have been Crosby!"

AT
14Shots on Goal 31
30Hits20
14Faceoffs 4
6:04Time on Attack 6:33
2:00Penalty Minutes 4:00
0/2Power Plays 0/1

Islanders record: 4-6-4

Last edited by kenp86; 05-25-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #48
MVP

(C) Evgeni Malkin out (11 days- 11/8/08)
(C) Brenden Morrison out (10 days- 11/8/08)
(LW) Sergei Samsonov out (15 days- 11/9/08)

claim (LW) Raitis Ivanans from LA Kings

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »