Home

Swedish Stars Rising: NHL 09 BAP

This is a discussion on Swedish Stars Rising: NHL 09 BAP within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Swedish Stars Rising: NHL 09 BAP

It's been a tiresome, and intense three weeks, but tryouts are over. Final cuts are to be made tonight, with the roster posted tomorrow. The tryouts got a lot tougher than that skills competition we had. Eventually, it did turn into conditioning. Though, there were some where we just scrimmaged. The coaches let slip that two brothers made final cuts, and were on the team. Jonas and Daniel Eriksson. They've been playing here for the last three years now.

The final roster was posted. I ran over quickly to look. Alphabetically, last name. Reading all the names in my head, I reached mine.

"Karlsson, Mattias #19 (A)"

Wait, what? They made me an alternate captain? Why? I had to find out. I went to the coaches office, and knocked.

"Come in." He said, I walked in. "Oh hey Mattias, what's up?"

"Oh, uhh, I'm sorta just wondering why you made me an alternate captain?"

"Hold on." He said as he reached for a folder. "Karlsson... you have a scholarship."

"Yeah, what's that got to do with my A?" I asked.

"That scholarship guarantees you a spot on the team, yet you tried your hardest at every tryout, like you were out there earning your spot."

That cleared things up, though I had no idea I was guaranteed a spot, I was actually trying my hardest because I thought I had to earn my spot. Oh well, I wasn't going to tell him that.

He interrupted my thoughts. "We call that leading by example, keep it up."

Hmm, I was happy enough with that answer, so I said nothing else, and walked out of the office.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 31

lol, nice dude!

I like how you made it seem like a strange set of coincidences that your dude ended up being an alternate captain.

Are you gonna create some teams, some made up players, and yourself and play the college games?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
lol, nice dude!

I like how you made it seem like a strange set of coincidences that your dude ended up being an alternate captain.

Are you gonna create some teams, some made up players, and yourself and play the college games?
That's a great idea! Though in the story, I only write about him playing in 3 games because I didn't want it to take too long to get through the season, and the outcomes of the games is written too. But... if I play the games, and the outcome of the games is different from the story, I could change the story up to match the game?

Tell me what you think, and I'll decide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan33
That's a great idea! Though in the story, I only write about him playing in 3 games because I didn't want it to take too long to get through the season, and the outcomes of the games is written too. But... if I play the games, and the outcome of the games is different from the story, I could change the story up to match the game?

Tell me what you think, and I'll decide.
just make a short summary of what happens throughout freshman, sophomore, and junior years of college, and then write the three game updates as the final games of the playoffs or something.

And that way you only have to create two teams, the Stockholm U team, and your opponents. No need to have a full league or whatever, haha. Just play 3 or 4 games and make it the final series, you know what I'm saying? You can use position lock on your controller to make sure you don't have an "unfair advantage" because you'd be controlling all of your team otherwise.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
just make a short summary of what happens throughout freshman, sophomore, and junior years of college, and then write the three game updates as the final games of the playoffs or something.

And that way you only have to create two teams, the Stockholm U team, and your opponents. No need to have a full league or whatever, haha. Just play 3 or 4 games and make it the final series, you know what I'm saying? You can use position lock on your controller to make sure you don't have an "unfair advantage" because you'd be controlling all of your team otherwise.
Ok, I'll do it like that, but I have a different idea about the summary of junior, sophomore, I would tell you, but I don't want to give away the story.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
Banned

Ahh you know, sometimes this game frustrates me. I clearly hit "Save" after I made the teams, and guess what, they didn't save. Ughh took so much time. I don't know if I'm going to do it again. Sorry.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #15
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan33
Ahh you know, sometimes this game frustrates me. I clearly hit "Save" after I made the teams, and guess what, they didn't save. Ughh took so much time. I don't know if I'm going to do it again. Sorry.

Ehhh...just do it. You'll be glad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #16
Banned

October 6, 2004(based in past)

Our first game is tonight. I might not get to play. I've been just barely passing my courses, and we have a test today. I was told that if I don't get at least 70% on this test, I don't get to play. So, I was up till 2am cramming. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but it worked..barely. I got 72%. But who cares now, I get to play!

6 Hours Later

Wow! This was going to be a fun year if I keep playing the way I just did. We won 6-1. I scored the opening goal just nineteen seconds into the game with a quick wrister top-shelf, over the glove. Just over a minute later, Daniel Eriksson sprung me on a breakaway, and I scored again, five-hole. After that, Coach put me on the top line with the Erikssons for the rest of the game.

In the second I setup Jonas Eriksson, made it 3-0. Later, I passed again to Jonas, he faked a shot, then passed off to Daniel, who buried it. Near the end of the second though, our checking line turned the puck over, and they scored. I scored two more goals in the third, another on a breakaway, and then on a tic-tac-goal play.

Six points in one game. Never saw that coming. This was going to be a fun year.

Sorry this one's short.

Last edited by canucksfan33; 06-09-2009 at 12:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »