Home

The Career of Nolan Reid (BAP)

This is a discussion on The Career of Nolan Reid (BAP) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
Rookie

nolman29's Arena

OVR: 4
The Career of Nolan Reid (BAP)

Since everyone is doing a Be A Pro story, I've decided to do one myself. I already have 3 BAPS going (Forward, defense, goalie) I'm going to start a new one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: The Career of Nolan Reid (BAP)

Cool. Looking forward to it.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

nolman29's Arena

2007-2008 Stats

#29 Nolan Reid

C, Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL

DOB: June 30, 1989 (It's really 91 but I just need to be older for the game lol)
Hometown: Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 167 lbs
Shoots: left

Games played: 68
Goals: 44
Assists: 31
PIM: 102
Old 06-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Rookie

nolman29's Arena

It's draft day here in Ottawa, Ontario for the 46th NHL Entry Draft, and young Nolan Reid waits for his name to be called.

Nolan Reid, born in Calgary Alberta on June 30, 1989 started his hockey career at the age of six after moving to Newmarket, Ontario. At the age of sixteen he made local Junior A hockey club, the Newmarket Hurricanes for the 2005-2006 Ontario Provincial Junior Hockey League season.

In his first season with the Hurricanes he finished with 13 goals and 18 assists for 31 points in 35 games.

The following year, Reid was traded to arch-rival Aurora Tigers. As a 17 year old, Nolan Reid was the team point leader as he finished with 33 goals and 31 assists for 64 points.

As the 2007-2008 season approached, the Moncton Wildcats picked Nolan Reid up as a free agent. Reid went to training camp, and easily cracked the lineup on the second line.

In his 18 year old rookie QMJHL season, Nolan Reid realized it was time too shine and impress the scouts, by putting up 75 points and leading the Moncton wildcats to their first Memorial Cup championship.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
Rookie

nolman29's Arena

Prior to the draft, scouts had Nolan Reid ranked 85th and to be likely selected in the third or fourth round.

As round three begins, Reid still listens patiently for his name. The Colorado Avalanche make their pick, followed by San Jose, Los Angeles and Atlanta.

It is now time for St. Louis to make their third round selection, 65th overall.

"The St. Louis Blues are proud to select, from the Moncton Wildcats of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Nolan Reid."

As Reid stands up to hug his family and friends, he swallows deeply and pumps his fists in excitement. He then recieves his 2008 St. Louis Blues Entry Draft jersey.

Last edited by nolman29; 06-28-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: grammar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
Rookie

nolman29's Arena

It was the beginning of September, and training camp was just a blink away. For Reid, it was a thrill of a lifetime.

Reid stepped onto the ice along with many other prospects like himself. He was surprised to be skating next to Keith Tkachuk in a skating drill.

"I am finally here, I just need to work my up to the top," Reid said to himself.

After many days of training camp it was time for the preseason.

"Now Nolan, I want to see big things from you in these games. These are vital games for you and me. You've made it this far, and all I ask is that you show me that you can make this team," said Head coach Andy Murray.

"I will not disappoint you Mr. Murray, I am thrilled to be here and it is an honor to take part in these exhibition games," said Reid.

"That's good to hear. I will have you on a line with McDonald and Boyes tomorrow night."
Old 06-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
Rookie

nolman29's Arena

After a great preseason til match with the Minnesota Wild, Reid was held pointless but was a plus one.

For the second exhibition game, coach Andy Murray dropped Reid down to the fourth line, against Colorado.

"Well done Reid! The game winning goal, keep it up buddy!" said coach Murray, in the locker room after a 5-3 Blues win in Colorado.

Despite having only a goal and an assist in six preseason games, it just wasn't enough for Reid.

"I gotta tell ya kid, you have the potential. Don't be upset, but I'm afraid your going to be cut. There's a great opportunity for you Peoria."

The news was heartbreaking for Reid but at the same time it was just the right thing.

"Thanks for giving me the opportunity and the chance to be a part of the Blues team, and I am very happy to have a role on Peoria to serve. I won't disappoint you coach!"
Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
Rookie

nolman29's Arena

GAME 1
vs Worcester Sharks

It was game day for Reid who was all set and ready to go in his #29 Peoria Rivermen jersey.

He made his start on the third line, between wingers Chris Porter and Hans Benson.

First Period
Penalty - 2:00 Interference - 11:23

Second Period
Penalty - 2:00 Interference - 01:38
Penalty - 2:00 Intference - 19:59

Third Period
Assist - Chris Porter's goal at 9:37
Goal - against Thomas Greiss at 19:17

1 goal, 1 assist and 6 penalty minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »