Home

Following the Dream (NHL10 Be a GM Story)

This is a discussion on Following the Dream (NHL10 Be a GM Story) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Following the Dream (NHL10 Be a GM Story)

April 10th, 2009

It's been three days since the Finals of the Bell Cup, the day of my first loss in my Pee-Wee coaching adventure. And now, today the OMHL (Ottawa Minor Hockey League, and also the league the Ottawa Gladiators play in.) president has called me to the OMHL headquarters for a meeting. For what? I don't have any idea yet, I'm just hoping it's nothing bad.

So instead of sitting around for hours wondering what could happen to me, I got out of my chair and walked out of the little office room I set up in my house, somewhere I could go to get some relaxation and get updated on the hockey world with help from my computer. I walked down the hallway and cut into the kitchen where I saw my wife, Lauren, standing a preparing dinner for the family. I walked over to her, and wasted no time to tell her I was heading out. She just asked where and once I responded she seemed fine with it, and with that, I took off.

---

I pulled into the parking lot of the headquarters and parked close to the entrance of the building. I got out of the car and got into the building where it is silent. There wasn't a person in sight except for the woman that was sitting behind a computer desk at the other side of the room. I walked over as she looked up at me, she then instantly looked down, talking at the desk it seems. Once I was at the desk, I noticed she was speaking into a intercom-type thing. She was then staring at me with a smile.

Assistant - "You can go ahead to Mr.Johnson's office, Mr.Smyl. He's been expecting you."

Steven Smyl - "Oh, sorry, I've been caught up in a few things at home, didn't mean to keep him worried or anythng."

Assistant - "Oh, no no no, he's only been waiting for just over an hour. He's waited almost a whole night before for another Coach."

Steven Smyl - "Oh, that makes me feel better I guess."

Assistant - "Okay, but anyway, you should head on ahead."

And with that I walked away from the desk and head down the hallway to the left, which led to a door. As I got closer to the door, I noticed that there was a nameplate on the door, it read "Mr.Johnson", pretty basic I found. I then gave a quick knock on the door before I opened the door and walked in. When the door was completely open, I saw a man, who I figured was Mr.Johnson, spinning around in a chair with a big screen television on the wall to the side of him. I gave a quick chuckle which made the man freeze and look towards me. He then stood up, almost fell over, and came over to shake my hand and then spoke up.

Mr.Johnson - "Well, so you must be Mr.Smyl, it's a pleasure to get to finally speak to you."

Steven Smyl - "And same to you Mr.Johnson."

Mr.Johnson - "Oh please, just call me Ted."

Steven Smyl - "Err, okay Ted."

Ted Johnson - "Okay, anyway, I didn't just call you here to meet you of course. I called you here to discuss your future."

Steven Smyl - "Ah, everybody has been wanting to talk about that lately."

Ted Johnson - "Yeah, which is why I wanted to discuss it. Now, I'm going to open up sign ups for next season, so I need to know if you're going to try to get a career in the NHL, or stay coaching the Gladiators in the OMHL."

Steven Smyl - "Well I'm not to sure yet..."

Ted Johnson - "Well, you see, there is a problem. I want to put out sign ups tomorrow, so I need to know today."

Steven Smyl - "What does that mean, do you need to know now."

Ted Johnson - "I'm sorry, but yes, that's when I need it."

Steven Smyl - "Well, it's tough decision, but I've always wanted to get to be in the NHL."

Ted Johnson - "Then it's settled."

Steven Smyl - "Huh?"

Ted Johnson - "I'll get in contact with Eugene Melnyk, and set up a meeting to see if you can stay in the Ottawa area."

Steven Smyl - "What!? You can do that?"

Ted Johnson - "I sure can, now, get going home, I'll call you after I talk to him tonight."

Steven Smyl - "Wow, thanks Ted."

Ted Johnson - "No problem, I want one of our best OMHL coaches ever to make it to where he needs to be. Now get going, a new possible GM needs to rest, haha."

I'm didn't want to disagree with the person that was going to possibly be the reason I'll get to the NHL, so I shook hands with him once more before turning around and walking out of the room. When the door shut behind me, a smile spread across my face, I knew the dream was in my grasp.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

Good update!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Hey DD(DragonDeminico), it'd be cool if you could sign up for my OSer's Battle For The Cup, link in my signature!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 06:43 AM   #12
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts_26
GoldentJet-LOL

shinderhizzle- True that

Bolts- Not in the past 3 days =p... Too bad you were not here to see my old Bolts, THAT was a dynasty..
There's been plenty of good dynasties on here Bolts, not just yours Bolts.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #13
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet
Yes, I think we know his name is Bolts, GoldenJet. He is not the only one to make good dynasties, GoldenJet. Thanks for putting him in his place, GoldenJet.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #14
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

ok, that was pretty dumb, I was just talking to Bolts, even though he was probably kidding too.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
Pro

FlyersFan30's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet
roflz PWNT, and I'm pretty sure he was just joking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #16
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

LOL I pwned you Flyerfan, already said that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »