Home

NHL 09 Be a Pro: Aaron Wheeler #27

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Be a Pro: Aaron Wheeler #27 within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29
NHL 09 Be a Pro: Aaron Wheeler #27

"Wheelz you ready?", I awoke from my day dreaming and put on my Michigan State jersey, tonight we are playing against Ferris State for the NCAA Division 1 Championship.
My name is Aaron Wheeler and I am the Captain and best defenseman of the Michigan State Spartans.

The start of the game started out as fast as a game possibly could, the puck went back to me and i passed it up to Right Wing and good friend Matt Steyer who skated down the ice and took a slap shot at the net which was easily stopped by the Ferris State goaltender, the next 30 seconds was spent in Ferris State territory until they got the puck out and started a passing montage, the second line Left Winger got onto the ice off a line change and skated down the ice to get a rebound goal after 3 shots by the Center and Right Wing. I was scared to go back to the bench, and by the looks of my coaches fire red head he was going to yell at me until my next time on the ice.

The rest of the game stayed 1-0 in favor of Ferris State but I soon changed that when I made a long pass down to Center and good friend Jake Buza and watched as he skated as fast as he could to then lift the puck top shelf and make the score 1-1. 10 seconds later Matt Steyer passed it to my defensive partner who then passed it to me and I ripped a slap shot that went past the blinded Ferris State goaltender to put us up 2-1.

I skated to the bench exhausted with :43 seconds left in the game and watched in horror as the same Ferris state Left Winger who scored the first goal had just intercepted a pass and rocketed past both of our defenseman, the whole building was silent as he skated in 1 on 1 against our goaltender.

I woke up the next morning and felt like dirt, I had worked my butt off to win my first ever Championship but we ended up losing 3-2 in triple over-time over Ferris State. I had finally had a chance to become a Champ and my teammates ruined it, losing that championship was the worst feeling I had ever felt in my life. "Well let's look at the bright side, the draft is coming up in less than a month" I said and went outside for my morning exercise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 09 Be a Pro: Aaron Wheeler #27

nice start, bro.

ferris state? I've never even heard of them...are they even any good?

Also, did you intentionally have your character blame the loss on his teammates, to make him look like a selfish jerk? because otherwise, it was HIS fault for skating to the bench when he shouldn't have

Last edited by shinderhizzle84; 08-15-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
nice start, bro.

ferris state? I've never even heard of them...are they even any good?

Also, did you intentionally have your character blame the loss on his teammates, to make him look like a selfish jerk? because otherwise, it was HIS fault for skating to the bench when he shouldn't have
Hey thanks! Yeah Ferris State has a really good team, they are a college in Michigan. And yeah that's exactly why I did that, i'm making him a selfish young player but once he goes to the AHL the players put him in his place and he becomes less selfish.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
Hey thanks! Yeah Ferris State has a really good team, they are a college in Michigan. And yeah that's exactly why I did that, i'm making him a selfish young player but once he goes to the AHL the players put him in his place and he becomes less selfish.
gotcha. alright, that sounds like a good idea. have fun with this, bro.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
gotcha. alright, that sounds like a good idea. have fun with this, bro.
Alright thanks it means a lot, I really enjoy your Goalie BAP of Leghtonen. It sucks how he dies at the end
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Alright thanks it means a lot, I really enjoy your Goalie BAP of Leghtonen. It sucks how he dies at the end
Hold it, he really dies at the end?! I didn't see that!

Poor Mikko!

BTW, nice start. Keep it up Wheelz!!

R.I.P Paintball BAP and the Mess.
^^^ Check it out for a good read!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great start Aaron! Looking forward to see where this goes, and how your character evolves. Keep it coming!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
ool thanks, bro.

this is looking pretty good so far, keep up the good work.

Darn, nobody can spell his name right :P lool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »