Home

Protest towards NO STORY ruling

This is a discussion on Protest towards NO STORY ruling within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 02:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Protest towards NO STORY ruling

This is directed at Millenium

This is a PEACEFUL protest towards the ruling about no back stories to our Dynasty/BAGM/BAP/BATG ect.

I mean, take a look at all the other fourms, Ill bet all of the other sports dynasty fourms have Story Fourms, and Ill bet there is some flaming.

I do agree, the fourm in question was way overboard. But I do belive, if that you give the community as a whole another chance at writing, you will find out that, the incident was 1 in a million.

I also do not belive that banning people is a resolutoin towards cleaning these fourms up.

In the end, we want our privilage of speach back. Now 98% of the population here is too scared to speak, in fear of getting banned.

So please consider the following.

kyle1778

Last edited by Kyle1778; 08-21-2009 at 03:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 03:08 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Protest towards NO STORY ruling

Thank you for posting this.

Dear Millenium:

My actions yesterday were wrong, especially the one comment about, well, you know. It shouldn't have been said as I am aware that was nothing like what's going on here in the hockey dynasties. I could have put my point across in an EXTREMELY better way, I did not mean to offend or hurt anybody.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1778
This is directed at Millenium

This is a PEACEFUL protest towards the ruling about no back stories to our Dynasty/BAGM/BAP/BATG ect.

I mean, take a look at all the other fourms, Ill bet all of the other sports dynasty fourms have Story Fourms, and Ill bet there is some flaming.

I do agree, the fourms in question was way overboard. But I do belive, if that you give the community as a whole another chance at writing, you will find out that, the incident was 1 in a million.

I also do not belive that banning people is a resolutoin towards cleaning these fourms up.

In the end, we want our privilage of speach back. Now 98% of the population here is too scared to speak, in fear of getting banned.

So please consider the following.

kyle1778
Maybe Millennium will listen to me, as I'm not just blindly agreeing with everyone else.

One, the other Dynasty forums have no flaming. You know why? Because nothing goes on there. The amount of updating that happened in those forums compared to ours is ridiculous. Go to Dynasty HQ and look at the number of posts for each section.

Now, that's not to say that a lot of the posts weren't unnecessary, but Millennium, you jumped at the chance to scare us out of here. All you needed to do was ban or cell one particular person for insulting someone else. Instead, you decide to remove stories. Can you explain how stories have anything to do with making fun of someone's Tourette's Syndrome? It doesn't. But you, and all of your 'Meebo' buddies(who by the way, haven't even returned even though we've all but left) just wanted us out of the way, as if we were somehow plaguing your perfect forums.

Yeah, your perfect forums. Like the Madden forum. Where every post is one of these three:

1) This mode sucks, this feature sucks, the game doesn't play right, EA sucks, I hate Madden why did I waste my money

2) How dare you insult EA for their hard work, just shut up and enjoy the game, it's great

3) Why is everyone either a fanboy or *****, this is so stupid, you are all idiots

Now, is that really much better than the off-topic chats that really don't harm anyone? We still read each others' stories, and we have a good time. Isn't that what this site is all about? Sharing the fun of playing video games? Apparently not anymore. This is ridiculous.

I have proof that it has nothing to do with backstories. You did not get rid of backstories in any other dynasty section. Why? Because you knew we would leave. That's what you wanted. You jumped at the opportunity to get us all out. If you knew we were all big basketball and football fans too, you would have banned it from those forums to prevent us from moving to there.

I hope you're happy, Millennium. You crippled the most active part of the Dynasty section so you could post your one Dynasty a year in peace. That's ridiculous. I honestly can't believe that you did this, Millennium.

Last edited by NYwRiter94; 08-21-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Also, an addition to my last post:

It's not just what was taken away, it's also why.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:21 AM   #5
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

I am not an active Hockey Forum member, but the thread was brought to my attention earlier yesterday and did think maybe the move was a bit overboard. I have been an admin on a forum before, and ran In-Game guilds and such for a few years.

I do think banning said person was justisified but maybe a temperary ban. But taking one persons fault and making the other thousand people who use this forum properly penaltized forever isn't exactly proper.

Also to be quiet honest I don't see how banning such rule from one part of the forum makes sence, as it is allowed in other sections, blocking it in one would not solute the issue sicne people do not only use the Hockey section.

This is just my opinion. I am personally more active in the Football Dynasty Forum so this is more from a bystander's viewpoint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 03:26 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuma
I am not an active Hockey Forum member, but the thread was brought to my attention earlier yesterday and did think maybe the move was a bit overboard. I have been an admin on a forum before, and ran In-Game guilds and such for a few years.

I do think banning said person was justisified but maybe a temperary ban. But taking one persons fault and making the other thousand people who use this forum properly penaltized forever isn't exactly proper.

Also to be quiet honest I don't see how banning such rule from one part of the forum makes sence, as it is allowed in other sections, blocking it in one would not solute the issue sicne people do not only use the Hockey section.

This is just my opinion. I am personally more active in the Football Dynasty Forum so this is more from a bystander's viewpoint.
Wise words from an ex-mod!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 15

Honestly just give it up. We abused the previously rule. Hes the admin, he changed the rule. End of story.

Is the rule right? Debatable, but it still is the rule, just live with it.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #8
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Guy, send Millennium a private message if you have an issue with his decision. That's the way it's handled at OS.

I'll say one thing, many of you seem to thing that the hockey dynasty forum is YOUR forum in which you can do as you please. That's simply not the case, no matter how much a particular user or group of users posts in it. It is subject to the TOS, part of which leaves rules enforcement up to staff discretion.

The hockey dynasties forum exists for people to recap what happens in the in-game dynasty and/or Be A Pro modes. The majority of the stuff that was in here had nothing to with the game. It is not a short story forum, not matter how creative or well-written. It is not a chat room, no matter how much you guys have bonded. Millennium posted rules that he expected to be followed -- he clarified the rules a while back, I'm not talking about the events of the past day or two -- and they were not followed. End of story.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »