Home

Montreal Dynasty NHL 2009. Houle takes over.

This is a discussion on Montreal Dynasty NHL 2009. Houle takes over. within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Montreal Dynasty NHL 2009. Houle takes over.

@
Anaheim Ducks Montreal Canadiens

Montreal over Anaheim 3-1.

Carey Price was sensational between the pipes as he stops 27 shots helping Montreal win 3-1.

Scoring Summary:
1st Period
1. MTL Begin (SH) (Higgins)

2nd Period
2. ANA Ryan (PP) (Ebbett, Salcido)

3rd Period
3. MTL Tanguay (S.Kostitsyn, Markov)
4. MTL A.Kostitsyn (PP)(EN) (Kovalev, Higgins)

Shots
Anaheim 28
Montreal 23

3 Stars

Carey Price (27 saves)
Steve Begin (1 goal)
Alex Tanguay (1 goal)

Last edited by commando; 08-29-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #18
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

This is really good, very interesting, I enjoy this deeply.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
Rookie

Following Montreal's 3-1 win over Anaheim, Saku Koivu gets interviewed by Ron Maclean and Don Cherry on HNIC. This is what went down in that interview.

Ron Maclean: My guest right now is Montreal's captain Saku Koivu. Congratulations on the win tonight. How do you feel the game went?

Koivu: It was a close game. Anaheim has a good and tough team. Carey Price stepped up and made some big saves for us. Anaheim is a good team and I like how they built the team.

Don Cherry: HEY SAKUUUU!! It sounds like you like Anaheim. I know your a free agent next season. You would be a good fit there! With you and Getzlaf they would have the best 2 centers. You can play in California, the same state of the governator Schwarzenegger. Ever think about playing with your fellow Finn Teemu Selanne in Anaheim ?

Koivu: *laughs* Well the thought is intriguing. I like it in Montreal and I don't see why I won't be back next season. They are my top priority. I can't worry about my future.

Ron Maclean: Montreal is off to a hot start so far this year. Do you feel the team is better then last year's 104 point team?

Koivu: It's too early to tell yet. We have been playing good. Sometimes a team can start out hot but cool off after. You have to stay consistant in this league. I like the way we have played so far.

Ron Maclean: Thank You for the interview Saku. I just want to say your a class act and good luck this season.

Koivu: Thank you

Last edited by commando; 08-29-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:32 PM   #20
Rookie

@
Carolina Hurricanes Montreal Canadiens

Montreal shuts out Carolina 3-0.

Georges Laraque looks at the empty net he has to shoot at as he
scores his first goal of the season in a 3-0 Montreal win.

Scoring Summary
First Period:
1. MTL Tanguay (S.Kostitsyn, Markov)

Second Period:
2. MTL S.Kostitsyn (SH)(unassisted)

Third Period:
3. MTL Laraque(EN)(Begin, O'Byrne)

Shots
Carolina 15
Montreal 27

3 Stars
Sergei Kostitsyn (1 goal, 1 assist)
Carey Price (15 saves)
Alex Tanguay (1 goal)
Old 08-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #21
Rookie

Tonight's game:
@
Montreal Canadiens Minnesota Wild

It will be brother vs. brother. The winner of this game doesn't mean the they are the better player. They are both great leaders for their respective teams. This game means something to both of them as their blood brothers and family. There's no doubt both of them would want their team to be victorious more then anybody. In the end it will just mean they had the better team that game for that night. Tonight in Minnesota will be brother against brother. Saku Koivu visits his brother Mikko as Minnesota welcomes Montreal tonight.

Saku Koivu, this is the 9th year he's been captain of this team. He started out as Montreal's 1st round pick(21st overall) in the 1993 draft. He didn't play for the Canadiens till the 95-96 season as he posted 45 points(20g, 25a) in 82 games. The following season in 96-97 he got off to a hot start for Montreal. He made all Habs fans excited over the young player they got. He was so good they traded away Pierre Turgeon. In December that season he was the top leading point getter in the league. Then in a game against Chicago he got injured and would miss 32 games that season. In 2001-02 a tragic moment in Koivu's career when he was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He battled it and like a champion came back at the end of the season with only 2 games left. With his courageous comeback, he helped Montreal beat their arch rival Boston in the first round. He would have his best season in 06-07 as he got 75 points(22 g, 53 a) in 81 games. He is also one of the top faceoff men in the league winning over 60% of his faceoff's. He also has had success in international play. He was the top scorer in the 2006 winter olympics leading Finland to a silver medal. He was the Finnish player of the year in 1994, 1995. There's no doubt he has left his mark in the game on all levels in hockey. He's probaly the most under appreciated player in the league.

Mikko Koivu, Minnesota's captain was their 1st round pick(6th overall) in 2001. Some say he may have more upside than his brother. He played with TPS Turko for 3 more seasons. He then came to North America in the 2004-05 season to play for Minnesota's AHL affeliate, the Houston Aeros. The following season he would make his NHL debut. He posted 21 points in 64 games. He showed promise the following season putting up 54 points(20 goals, 34 assists) in 82 games. He will be a leader on Minnesota for years to come. Just like his brother Saku, Mikko is a great international player. He is a great player and is a fan favorite in Minnesota. He's still getting better and maturing. In the end he might be the better Koivu. There's no doubt he will also make a impact in the game.

Last edited by commando; 08-30-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #22
Rookie

Montreal blanks Minnesota 3-0.

Saku Koivu scores a goal helping Montreal win 3-0. He now has bragging
rights over his brother now with the win.

Scoring Summary
1st Period:
No Scoring

2nd Period
1. MTL Gorges (Bouillon, Lapierre)

3rd Period
2. MTL Koivu (Tanguay, Markov)
3. MTL S.Kostitsyn (Tanguay)

Shots
Montreal 29
Minnesota 27

3 Stars
Carey Price (27 saves)
Josh Gorges (1 goal)
Sergei Kostitsyn (1 goal)

Last edited by commando; 08-30-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #23
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

nice pre-game write-up brother rivalries FUN!!

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 08-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #24
Rookie

REJEAN HOULE GETS A EMAIL FROM THE OWNER...

Subject: Monthly Goal

Rejean Houle,

If we want to get anywhere as a team, we need to have a strong powerplay. I want you to make sure our powerplay is strong by scoring 10 powerplay goals this month. I'm sure you will be able to handle this.

-George Gillett

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »