Home

Savior-Andrew Dellapina (NHL 10)

This is a discussion on Savior-Andrew Dellapina (NHL 10) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Savior-Andrew Dellapina (NHL 10)

Still didn't get the game? If so, bummer dude...
Old 10-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #10
Pro

FlyersFan30's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Still didn't get the game? If so, bummer dude...
I'm pretty sure he got it, no updates yet though
Old 10-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah, I got the game, planned on starting this weekend, but some BS note sent home by my math teacher that was full of lies led to me not being allowed to play this weekend. Couple that with the fact that I can only play on weekends, add in a bit of extra time to find realistic sliders, and we may be looking at a month or two before this really kicks off. Ideally, if I have a fantastic first quarter grade-wise, I can earn back full playing time, which would mean I could get anywhere between 3 and 10 games a week in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #12
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

Rangers Have Big Offseason, Steal Gaborik And Others
New York, NY--Glen Sather, in an attempt to save himself from the wrath of Ranger faithful, made some big moves this offseason to add to what looks like a promising team. The headlining move was the first day signing of former Minnesota franchise winger Marian Gaborik to a 5-year, $7.5 million contract. Marian Gaborik brings much needed goal-scoring to a team that struggled to put the puck in the net last year. As long as the 'Glassman' can stay off the IR, he will be a lethal force on the Blueshirt's first line. In addition, Ales Kotalik was inked to a 3-year contract. Kotalik will bring help on the power play from the point with rookie Michael Del Zotto. Other FA signings include Chris Higgins, Donald Brashear, Vaclav Prospal, Enver Lisin and Brian Boyle.

On the returning end of the team, Lundqvist is still between the pipes for at least another 5 years, the backbone of the team. Chris Drury returns as the Captain, and youngsters Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky return for encores, along with Sean Avery. On defense, Michael Del Zotto joins Michael Roszival, Wade Redden, Dan Girardi and Marc Staal. In addition, 2009 Hobey Baker winner Matt Gilroy will step in as a speedy offensive defenseman.

With high-tempo coach John Tortorella on the bench, this Ranger team looks to make a splash in both the regular and postseason. If Lundqvist plays as well as always, and Gaborik can stay healthy, look for this team to get past the first round, and even have an outside chance at the cup.

The only question left is, will Glen Sather be at the helm when the season kicks off October 2nd against the Pittsburgh Penguins?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #13
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

Sather Tries Hard, But Can't Hang Onto Job
New York, NY--The Rangers Organization has announced today that Glen Sather has been fired as General Manager of the Rangers.

Recently, Sather has made a last desperate attempt by signing Marian Gaborik, among others, to the team in hopes of rectifying last years problems. However, Owner Jim Dolan wasn't satisfied and decided it was finally time to listen to the peope of New York.

Replacing Sather is former Ranger Andrew Dellapina. Andrew played Right Wing for both the Rangers and the Wolfpack, their AHL affiliate, last year, but stopped playing about 25 games in for reasons unbeknownst to the general public. Dellapina is at a ripe old age of 25, and comes fresh off of a 4-year period at the University of Pennsylvania, where he set nearly every possible school hockey record. The new General Manager was not available for comment, but says he doesn't want to shelter the media, and will try to be as open as possible.

Andrew has only a week to settle in before the Rangers begin their preseason games, which begin at home on Tuesday, Sept. 15 against the Boston Bruins.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #14
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

Believe it or not, this is actually still alive. I've just been doing okay in school, so my parents have been taking away my stuff in hopes that I'll do better. Look to see some updates this weekend (hopefully).
Old 10-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

New York Rangers 2009-2010 Opening Night Lines

Vaclav Prospal-Brandon Dubinsky-Marian Gaborik
Chris Higgins-Chris Drury(C)-Ryan Callahan(A)
Ales Kotalik-Artem Anisimov-Enver Lisin
Donald Brashear-Brian Boyle-Sean Avery

Dan Girardi-Marc Staal(A)
Matt Gilroy-Wade Redden
Michael Del Zotto-Michael Roszival
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 11:34 PM   #16
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

No Hangover For Pens, Who Steamroll Blueshirts In Opener

Bill Guerin puts everything behind a wrister that seals the deal for the Penguins.

New York, NY--Although the Rangers put up two scores in their opener, a late game breakthrough by the Penguins proved they are not a one-hit wonder.

Although no one scored in the first, the Penguins clearly were off to the better start. This proved evident early in the second, as Chris Kunitz provided the first goal of the season forty-five seconds in. Ruslan Fedotenko added to the lead before Vaclav Prospal knocked in a beauty off of Marian Gaborik's first ever Ranger assist. Donald Brashear won his first fight in a Ranger's uniform, beating down Ted Kennedy at the end of hte second.

Gaborik also drew a penalty shot in the middle of the third, but the hot Marc-Andre Fleury stopped him cold on the backhander. Lundqvist's performance was shoddy at best, giving up a garbage goal to Pascal Dupuis to effectively put them out of reach, and letting in a softie shot from the circle by Bill Guerin. Trying to salvage something, Drury scored with about ten seconds left, but the Rangers fell, 4-2.

Word on the street is that Andrew Dellapina has been looking at adding a veteran winger to his staff to add goals, something the team seems to be striving for. We'll see if the defense can tighten up and the offense can open up and utilize their talent to beat some of their easier opponents.

Donald Brashear challenges Ted Kennedy to a battle, and emerges victorious.

Period

Team

Time

Goal-Scorer

Assist 1

Assist 2

Other Info

PIT

0:45

C. Kunitz

S. Crosby

S. Gonchar

-

PIT

5:53

R. Fedotenko

P. Dupuis

E. Malkin

-

NYR

11:30

V. Prospal

M. Gaborik

M. Rozsival

-

PIT

17:23

B. Guerin

C. Kunitz

S. Crosby

-

PIT

19:00

P. Dupuis

R. Fedotenko

-

-

NYR

19:42

C. Drury

M. Staal

D. Girardi

-

Period

Team

Time

Player

Penalty

Severity

NYR

16:58

D. Girardi

Tripping

Minor

PIT

19:55

T. Kennedy

Fighting

Major

NYR

19:5

D. Brashear

Fighting

Major

Marian Gaborik assists on Vaclav Prospal's goal, the first of the season for New York.

Rangers Record: 0-1-0; 7th in the Eastern Conference

Last edited by NYwRiter94; 10-24-2009 at 10:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »