Home

Rockin' The Red! - A Washington Capitals Franchise (NHL 10)

This is a discussion on Rockin' The Red! - A Washington Capitals Franchise (NHL 10) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

OVR: 6
Rockin' The Red! - A Washington Capitals Franchise (NHL 10)

I have to admit...you guys have really inspired me!!!

I have been reading the dynasties on this board for the last month or so and I'm really hooked! I never thought of sharing my experience with this game with others in the community.

Just a fair warning....I have NEVER done this before. I have almost no experience with HTML but I'm hoping to make up for it with my creative story writing!

So here is my plan...I'm going to start a "be a GM," franchise with a twist. I will be creating a player that will represent me(BAP) and playing RW lock because he will be a RW'er. The reason being is I like BAP but I don't like the horrible AI logic involving roster moves. Last year(NHL 09) Tom Poti was leading my defensemen in points about thirty games into the season and they randomly demoted him to the AHL for no reason. It still boggles my mind. Anyway, I will be using OBG's/Flyermania's sliders w/my own tweaks(thanks for your hard work guys!) 11-12 minute periods with manual line changes. I really stink at line changing and I know it will cost me a win or two but I'm gonna give it a shot. I am still trying to figure out which rosters to use. I've tinkered with EA's and MattG's Ultimate rosters. Any feedback on what you guys use/prefer would be very helpful thanks!

I will be playing a couple of "preseason" games before jumping into the season. I was also thinking about playing a few AHL games to get a feel for the franchise's depth. Not sure how
deep into the season I will go with the AHL, we'll just have to see how things go I guess.

News, rumors, transactions, interviews will be written through newspaper articles, blogs and game recaps.

So my goal is to have fun with this and hopefully make it as enjoyable as all the others I have read on this board. Thanks for checking this out! I will be posting a some updates in the next
couple days. Probably a 2009-2010 season preview! Here's a teaser....

***The Washington Post and several news outlets are reporting that the Capitals have been in
contact with a veteran superstar in hopes that he will come out of retirement and make a
comeback attempt!!!***
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Rockin' The Red! - A Washington Capitals Franchise (NHL 10)

Sounds interesting, I will follow this.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Definately will follow..
Old 11-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
Sounds interesting, I will follow this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05
Definately will follow..
Thanks guys!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

By Owen Ridley

The 2008-2009 season for the Washington Capitals was a big step in the right direction. Finishing the season as the Southeast Division champions with a 50-24-8 record. Lead by Alexander Ovechkin and his MVP winning season the Capitals went into the playoffs as the second seed in the Eastern Conference. Two rounds later in the Semi-Finals their season came crashing down with a game seven lose to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

That was then, this is now. A new season, a season of high expectations and with those expectations comes growing pressure. Pressure to succeed, pressure to go farther than before and finish what was started last year. “I’m not interested in more trophies, awards or statistics,” Ovechkin says, “I’m only interested in one thing this season and that’s the Stanley cup!”

No one has felt this pressure more than owner Ted Leonsis and general manager George McPhee. Following the season the Capitals entered the 2009 NHL Entry Draft with several draft picks including the 24th overall in the 1st round. Both owner and GM decided to use that pick on a speedy right winger from Michigan State University, P.J. Tait. “He fell right into our laps,” McPhee smiled, “it was a really good value pick for us.

After the draft is when things really heated up. During free agency rumors were surrounding Viktor Kozlov and Sergei Fedorov. Were they staying or going? Numerous reports had them staying with the Caps. While others signaled that they would be signing over seas. Finally, after the dust settled, both Fedorov and Kozlov were headed back over the Atlantic Ocean. “It was a crazy couple of weeks for us,” owner Ted Leonsis remarked, “we wish them both the best!” Others of note that will not be returning to the Capitals for the 2009 season are, Donald Brashear(New York Rangers) and Brent Johnson(Pittsburgh Penguins.) Losing Fedorov was a big blow to Washington. Now they needed someone to fill the center position on their second line, enter Brendan Morrison. Known for his play making ability, Morrison has centered some very talented wingers in his career. “I’m excited to be here and to be playing with so much talent, it’s going to be an incredible season,” Morrison said. Time will tell if Brendan is the answer for the Caps second line void at center.

Last but not least was the signing of Mike Knuble. Quite possibly the smartest move by GM McPhee. Knuble brings power, grit and a knack for scoring the always important garbage goal. “Some players just don’t like doing the dirty work,” Knuble laughed, “I don’t mind it at all, in fact I’ve made a career out of it.”

That brings us to the present: training camp. Camp opened recently with preseason games quickly approaching. We’ll bring you full coverage and a break down of all the positions and players in the next few days. Stay tuned!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

Hey fellow puck heads! It’s that time of the year again! Training camp is upon us! Boy do we have a lot to talk about in the next few weeks before the actual season starts. To much in fact! So I will highlight some of the hot topics I want to talk about in this blog. In no particular order:

- Michael Nylander, what is going on with this guy?!?!

- The goalie situation: Theodore, Varly, Michal Neurith??? Who’s No.1?

- P.J. Tait, 2009 1st round pick, shining at camp! Is he actually going to make the team as a rookie?

- My thoughts on the signings of Knuble and Morrison

- The lose of Fedorov and Kozlov.

- Ovie’s statements about caring more about winning the cup than stats.

- The contract situations with Backstrom, Semin and numerous others.

- Can Mike Green win the Norris Trophy?

- All this and much, much more!

But tonight I’m going to start with the rumors that have been flying around all summer. Yeah that’s right, the rumors about this guy!

Pavel Bure the Russian Rocket! Are the Caps serious? Do they not know about his history of chronic knee problems. Heck, he retired almost four seasons ago because of those same problems! Now I always look at both sides of the story. I know Ovechkin has been hanging out in Russia all summer and I know he’s been reportedly spending a lot of time with Bure. That’s great but were they just hanging out or is there something more to the story. Reports are claiming that Ovie has been trying to persuade Bure into coming out of retirement and giving it one more shot. Alex the Great has looked up to Pavel since he was a kid and the thought of them playing on the same team is awesome. But come on Alex! He’s 38 years old and his best hockey is probably behind him. I’m sure that his skills are probably still close to NHL ready but you can’t convince me that he hasn’t lost a step. Hopefully we will hear something soon if there is any legitimacy to this story. I just hope the Leonsis and McPhee do there homework on this one. But the thought of adding another super star to this already deeply talented team is very intriguing. Only time will tell I guess.

Last edited by Bure10Beezer34; 11-04-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

Re: The Bure story line. I had this idea of few months ago before I found this site. Then I saw that OBG did a Bure story line last year with the penguins...LOL! I didn't want him to think I was stealing his work so I debated and debated but I really want to so I hope OBG doesn't mind!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

(AP) The Washington Capitals have signed RW, Mark Parrish, LW Geoff Sanderson and D, Rhett Warrener to tryout contracts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »