Home

City of Hockey: Buffalo Sabres (NHL 10)

This is a discussion on City of Hockey: Buffalo Sabres (NHL 10) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2010, 12:24 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: City of Hockey: Buffalo Sabres (NHL 10)

Is it just me or is Florida an extremely difficult team to play against on this game? I always have trouble with them!
Old 01-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #18
Rookie

gbpckr50's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CStateAttack
Is it just me or is Florida an extremely difficult team to play against on this game? I always have trouble with them!
Yea they are very hard to play against and so are the Capitals, I lost a game 7-4 against them. Ovechkin had 3 goals and an assist and Semin and 2 goals and 3 assists.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #19
Rookie

gbpckr50's Arena

OVR: 2

I'll be following, keep up the good work.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CStateAttack
I was completely dismantled by them...could not get set up, couldn't get anything past Vokoun. The only reason I got a goal on him was because he got stuck in a diving animation and I was able to hammer home a rebound.

They locked me down.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #21
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Tough loss man. Hope you bounce back.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #22
Pro

GAME 8
October 24, 2009 - St. Pete Times Forum - St. Petersburg, FL

LYDMAN; MILLER SHUT DOWN LIGHTING 5-2

TEAM
OT
FINAL
BUFFALO(4-4-0, 8 Pts)
-
TAMPA BAY(3-5-1, 7 Pts)
-

The Sabres started and finished strong in the 8th game of the season, beating Tampa Bay 5-2 in Florida. Buffalo got two goals from Toni Lydman and a series of unbelievable saves from Ryan Miller as the Sabres pulled themselves back to .500 again this season.

SCORING SUMMARY

TEAM
TIME
SCORED BY
ASSISTED BY
1ST PERIOD
BUF
13:07
Toni Lydman
Paul Gaustad
2ND PERIOD
BUF
1:26
Thomas Vanek
Derek Roy
BUF
6:04
Toni Lydman
Mike Grier, Tyler Myers
BUF
8:24
Adam Mair
Matt Ellis, Tim Connolly
3RD PERIOD
BUF
5:02
Drew Stafford(PP)
Craig Rivet, Clarke MacArthur
TB
9:05
Mikael Samuelsson
Steven Stamkos, Victor Hedman
TB
12:47
Ryan Malone
Martin St. Louis

BUFFALO
TAMPA BAY
SHOTS
HITS
FACEOFFS
1/8
POWER PLAY
0/3
Old 01-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #23
Pro

STAFFORD HURT; HECHT TRADED

BUFFALO, NY - When Drew Stafford dropped the gloves with top rookie Victor Hedman in the first period of Saturday's 5-2 win over Tampa Bay, he didn't know he would lose more than the fight.

Lindy Ruff announced Sunday morning that it was confirmed Stafford has a broken jaw, suffered at the hands of Hedman, who landed his first punch that knocked the Buffalo winger to the ice. Ruff said during the morning skate that Stafford would miss "some time" and that he hoped he will be back within a month. Drew Stafford did finish the game with a special face mask to protect his jaw, and even scored a goal in the 2nd period of the game. He was not available for comment.

In other news from the Pepsi Center in Amherst, Darcy Regier announced that Jochen Hecht had been traded this morning to the Edmonton Oilers. Hecht, who had been the recipient of a lucrative contract extension in 2008, never lived up to the money he was being paid. With the emergence of Tim Kennedy and the aquisition of Mike Grier, his role on the team diminished, and he became expendable. In return for Hecht, Edmonton sent Buffalo 47 year-old D Chris Chelios, and a third-round pick in the 2010 NHL entry draft. Chelios, who has played mostly in the AHL this season, was aquired by Edmonton in free agency during the off-season. He has cleared waivers and was assigned to Portland this morning. According to Regier, "The acquisition of Chris Chelios will be a great addition to our depth at the defensive position. While he won't be with our team right away, you can never have enough depth at defense, especially someone with the leadership and playoff experience that he has. He will be a great asset to our organization. We also wish Jochen the best in Edmonton."

The Sabres resume play again on Wednesday in East Rutherford, NJ against the Devils.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #24
Pro

GAME 9
October 28, 2009 - Prudential Center - Newark, NJ

SABRES BREAK TIE IN SHOOTOUT; ROY BREAKS LEG

TEAM
OT
FINAL
BUFFALO(5-4-0, 10 Pts)
NEW JERSEY(5-3-2, 12 Pts

In their closest game of the season, the Sabres were able to come out on top. Ryan Miller made 35 saves, plus another three in the shootout to get Buffalo the 2-1 win Wednesday night. Thomas Vanek scored in the third round of the shootout, on a nifty backhand move to beat Marty Brodeur. The Sabres opened scoring in the first when Hendrik Tallinder's shot from the point bounced out to Derek Roy's stick, who hammered it home for his first goal of the season. This goal, however, will be Derek Roy's last for quite some time. Roy went down to block a shot in the second period, and suffered an ugly broken leg when the shot hit him in the upper thigh. He had to be helped off the ice, and during the post game news conference, Lindy Ruff said Roy would be out "Most of the season." The Sabres resume play Friday night at home against their rivals, Toronto.

SCORING SUMMARY

TEAM
TIME
SCORED BY
ASSISTED BY
1ST PERIOD
BUF
17:45
Derek Roy
Tim Connolly, Henrik Tallinder
2ND PERIOD
No Scoring