Home

Maple Leafs Be A GM(NHL 10)

This is a discussion on Maple Leafs Be A GM(NHL 10) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Maple Leafs Be A GM(NHL 10)

I was kinda bored, so I decide to start my own NHL 10 Be A GM blog.
Game is set on default, and GM skill is on Hard.
I will update this weekly, and not stop doing it five games in.
In this I will both Sim and Play games.
This is my first time ever doing a blog like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Maple Leafs Be A GM(NHL 10)

Toronto Wins Season Opener Against Rival Canadiens

Another one of the greatest rivalries in hockey is in the books, as the Toronto Maple Leafs dominated the Montreal Canadiens 6-1. All night it looked as if the Maple Leafs were playing Peewee Kids.

Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf showed why they worth trading for, as Kessel put up two goals in the first on Jaraslov Halak earning Second Star, and Phaneuf scored two goals (one being short handed), had an assist on Kessel’s first goal, and dropping the mitts with Brian Gionta.

From the very get-go Montreal lacked goaltending. Halak’s final numbers were not pretty, as he allowed five goals on sixteen shots, for a .687 save percentage. Halak was replaced by Carey Price in the second, who allowed one goal on six shots.

Scoring the other two goals for Toronto were John Mitchell and Nikolai Kulemin. Lee Stempniak also had a strong game getting two assists.

In the whole game Toronto had one collapse, allowing a 2-0, resulting in a Montreal Goal, in the dying minutes to ruin Giguere’s shutout. Giguere’s numbers were pretty good, allowing one goal on seventeen shots.

After the game, GM Brian Burke said. ”I am very proud of where this team is now compared to last season at this point. For all you Leafs fan I can pretty much guarantee we will make the playoff for the first time sine the 2003-2004 season.”
The day before GM Brian Burke made surprising moves, sending veterans Jeff Finger and Mike Van Ryn to the Marlies, Toronto’s AHL team. In response to this Brian Burke said. “No one’s job is safe.”

Shortly after, Jeff Finger demanded a trade. Brian Burke told Finger that he respects Finger’s demand, and will find him a new place to play as soon as possible.

Phil Kessel Celebrates on His First of Two Goals in the Game.

Last edited by to_leafs01; 02-14-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Banned

Roberto Luongo stood on his head all night, and had the hometown fans chanting Louie all night. All night the game was close, ending 2-1 in a shootout. No goals were scored until about three minutes into the third, on a Canucks powerplay, after Dion Phaneuf was thrown out for boarding, a questionable call to say the least.

With time running down Toronto was finally able to beat Luongo, as Fredrik Sjöström beat Luongo top shelf with a slap shot from the slot.

Dion Phaneuf’s hit was reviewed by the league, and he will not be suspended or fined. Gary Bettman said. ”The hit was not deserving of a game misconduct, and referee Kevin Pollock does realize his mistake.” If this call had not been made, Toronto could have possibly won the game.

Earlier in the day Toronto made two moves. First they acquired Antero Nittymaki off waivers from the Lightning, and placed him with their AHL team. Down there he will be the starter, as Joey MacDonald suffered a concussion, and will be out for at least a month. Their second move was sending, AHL right winger to the Dallas Stars, in exchange for a second round pick the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Toronto also made an offer to free agent tough guy, Ryan Flinn. It is currently unknown whether or not he will accept the deal.

As for Jeff Finger, there have been rumors of him going to the Atlanta Thrashers, Vancouver Canucks, Colorado Avalanche, and Edmonton Oilers. Brian Burke has stated he would like a draft pick or a third line winger in exchange for Finger.

Last edited by to_leafs01; 02-14-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
Banned

Toronto Makes A Big Move
It has been a tough past two weeks for Toronto as they have fallen under .500, and have had no luck trading Jeff Finger. Their response from other teams is that they don’t want to absorb his one-way contract at his price. GM Brian Burke had tried several different trades, and was extremely close to sending Mike Van Ryn and Jeff Finger to Edmonton for Sheldon Souray, but the trade fell through last minute. Burke now reflects on it, and says he is happy he didn’t make the trade, since Toronto already has great defense, he was just so frustrated he could not get anything to work.

Now for the actual trade, Toronto has sent Antero Nittymaki and Lee Stempniak to St. Louis, in exchange for Paul Kariya. Brian Burke said the following. “I think this is a great move for use, we gain a veteran forward, who has played in the Olympics and Stanley Cup Finals. This is an upgrade over Stempniak . We also gave up a goalie who we were not going to use. I would like to thank Stempniak and Nittymaki for their services in Toronto.” Brian Burke also wants to make it clear he is not done trading yet.

Paul Kariya will suit up for Toronto’s game tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks. Toronto is currently 7-8-1.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Banned

Someone delete this I didn't realize we couldn't have the GM talking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Good read so far, hate to see you delete it.
GLES - USC

Old 02-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
Banned

Yeah I hate to delete it, but I realized afterwards I can't have the GM talk(which IMO makes everything better and interests me more), however I have it on another site too:
http://www.sportzin.com/forums/index...&#entry4230245
Old 02-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
Banned

Never mind not deleting, it after reading some things about the TOS, I think mine is fine.

Toronto Makes A Big Move

It has been a tough past two weeks for Toronto as they have fallen under .500, and have had no luck trading Jeff Finger. Their response from other teams is that they don’t want to absorb his one-way contract at his price. GM Brian Burke had tried several different trades, and was extremely close to sending Mike Van Ryn and Jeff Finger to Edmonton for Sheldon Souray, but the trade fell through last minute. Burke now reflects on it, and says he is happy he didn’t make the trade, since Toronto already has great defense, he was just so frustrated he could not get anything to work.

Now for the actual trade, Toronto has sent Antero Nittymaki and Lee Stempniak to St. Louis, in exchange for Paul Kariya. Brian Burke said the following. “I think this is a great move for use, we gain a veteran forward, who has played in the Olympics and Stanley Cup Finals. This is an upgrade over Stempniak . We also gave up a goalie who we were not going to use. I would like to thank Stempniak and Nittymaki for their services in Toronto.” Brian Burke also wants to make it clear he is not done trading yet.

Paul Kariya will suit up for Toronto’s game tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks. Toronto is currently 7-8-1.

Last edited by to_leafs01; 02-14-2010 at 08:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »