Home

Maple Leafs Be A GM(NHL 10)

This is a discussion on Maple Leafs Be A GM(NHL 10) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Maple Leafs Be A GM(NHL 10)

Kariya Gets A Hat Trick, As The Leafs Destroy Boston 6-1

Paul Kariya had another big game for Toronto, scoring a hat trick, as the Leafs dominated in every department all game long. Matt Duchene also had a helper in his first game as a Leaf while playing on the second line centering Alexei Ponikarovsky and Fredrik Sjöström., and playing on Toronto’s number one power play.

In net for Toronto was Jonas Gustavsson who was replacing the injured JS Giguere. Jonas looked strong, stopping nineteen of twenty shots. At the other end was Tim Thomas, who had no defensive help, allowing six goals on thirty seven shots.

Scoring Toronto’s other three goals were Ponikarovsky who had two, and Nikolai Kulemin. Phil Kessel also had a good night against his former team, having three assists. Kessel is now fourth in the league in scoring with forty three points.

I wouldn't normally update this much, but it is a long weekend.

Last edited by to_leafs01; 02-14-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
Banned

Unlikely Goal Sources Help Leafs Beat Senators

The Leafs were all over the Senators tonight with unlikely goals from three different players in their 6-2 win. Wayne Primeau net tedtwo goals in the first period, Christian Hanson also had a goal in the first, and Luke Schenn(who also had an assist, and is better known for his defensive skills) let a blast go in the second that found the back of the net. Scoring the other two goals for Toronto were Mikhail Grabovski and Phil Kessel. Kessel’s goal came on a penalty shot late in the third period, were he absolutely undressed Brian Elliot who replaced Pascal Leclaire in the third period.

Ottawa’s did not get the goaltending effort they need from Pascal Leclaire who allowed five goals on twenty seven shots. After the game an emotional Leclaire said. “I need to be better, for this team to go anywhere. It is not fair to my teammates when I play this way, and we don’t get the two easy points.”

After a disappointed performance by Ottawa, GM Brian Murray made it clear that there will be roster moves, and some of the veteran players may find themselves in bad situations.
Unlike Ottawa, Toronto got the goaltending they need with Jonas Gustavsson stopping twenty three of twenty five shots. The only goals he allowed were both in the last minute of play.

Earlier in the day, Toronto acquired defenseman Paul Ranger off waivers from Tampa Bay Lightning. GM Brian Burke said. ”I have been watching our Toronto Marlies play, and it look as if they are not playing to their full potential. This move gives the Marlies more depth at defense, and gives us a good player to call up in case of an emergency.”

Does anyone know a way to put videos from EA Sports on here without using Youtube?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #11
Banned

Vesa Toskala Calls Out His Former Team

Today after Anahiem Ducks practice, back up goaltender Vesa Toskala called out his former his former team, the Toronto Maple Leafs. Vesa Toskala said. “My time there was awful, nobody treated me well, and I felt like an outsider. In my opinion that team is going nowhere, even with its recent trades, the team is going down hill. I could make that franchise win a championship, if the coach and GM actually did their jobs. Life is better for me now, at least I get to be back up in a city with amazing weather.”

Soon afterwards, the league suspended Toskala for five games for his remarks, along with a $20,000 fine.

GM Brian Burke replied to this with. “Toskala can think what ever he wants, that’s his opinion. I can’t change or control his mind.”

Toronto Maple Leafs goon Colton Orr responded with. ”Toskala keep your head up the next time we play you.”

Vesa Toskala was acquired by Anahiem from Toronto, in which Toronto sent Vesa Toskala and JS Giguere.

Last edited by to_leafs01; 02-15-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_leafs01

Vesa Toskala Calls Out His Former Team

Today after Anahiem Ducks practice, back up goaltender Vesa Toskala called out his former his former team, the Toronto Maple Leafs. Vesa Toskala said. “My time there was awful, nobody treated me well, and I felt like an outsider. In my opinion that team is going nowhere, even with its recent trades, the team is going down hill. I could make that franchise win a championship, if the coach and GM actually did their jobs. Life is better for me now, at least I get to be back up in a city with amazing weather.”

Soon afterwards, the league suspended Toskala for five games for his remarks, along with a $20,000 fine.

GM Brian Burke replied to this with. “Toskala can think what ever he wants, that’s his opinion. I can’t change or control his mind.”

Toronto Maple Leafs goon Colton Orr responded with. ”Toskala keep your head up the next time we play you.”

Vesa Toskala was acquired by Anahiem from Toronto, in which Toronto sent Vesa Toskala and JS Giguere.
I'm pretty sure they frown upon this type of franchise story.
GLES - USC

Old 02-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
No this is a newspaper article not a narrative. Plus, it actually relates to hockey, unlike what some of those other guys were doing.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
Yeah I questioned myself too before doing it, but it actually happened recently in real life, so that is why I did it.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #15
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Sorry, I was mistaken in my comment. I assumed the post by the moderator frowned upon anything beyond normal hockey talk. I apologize to_leafs01.

Did Toskala really call out the Leafs organization? Wow, that's really low of him considering all the chances they gave him. I bet he'll rot in Anaheim.
GLES - USC

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #16
Banned

No Problem Dude.

And yeah I read it on TSN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »