Home

NHL 10 Be a Pro: "Born and Raised in South Detroit" Aaron Wheeler #27

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Be a Pro: "Born and Raised in South Detroit" Aaron Wheeler #27 within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29
NHL 10 Be a Pro: "Born and Raised in South Detroit" Aaron Wheeler #27

Last edited by hockeyplaya2724; 11-21-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Re: NHL 10 Be a Pro: "Born and Raised in South Detroit" Aaron Wheeler #27

Hey guys I know I kind of mentioned a few things about my player in the previous post but heres his bio

Name: Aaron Wheeler
Number: 27
Height: 5'10
Weight: 188 lbs
Type: Offensive Defenseman

This Be a Pro will start out on All-Star Mode and I will begin it in the NHL entry draft.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Sweet job, can't wait for it to really start off.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Part One: Pre NHL Life

After watching ESPN's story on me I was blown away I couldn't believe that they even made a story on me, I rubbed my eyes to check if I was dreaming. Nope this is real, next time ESPN came on I watched the story on me again and ofcourse I recorded it.

I jogged uptown to get a newspaper and see if there were any stories in there about me but sadly there was nothing, "This is crud" I whispered to myself. "How could they write a story about a cheerleader who donated 200$ to her school but not right about probably the best Defenseman going in to the draft whom happens to live in Detroit?", Ah well I won't let this ruin my day and now that I think of it I went to the market to get some groceries because I was very low on food, my current job at Taco Bell doesn't pay me enough money.

While walking through the market looking for healthy food a group of long-ish haired kids all about the age of 12 walked up to me and asked for my autograph, "Sure!" I said. Suddenly they all whipped out an autograph book and I have to admit even if they were my first fans I was kind of weirded out by them. "Okay just wait a second, let me get my handy dandy black signing marker" I said jokingly, none of them laughed. "These kids mean business" I thought to myself. I signed all there books anyways though and walked home.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Bananas, Grapes, Apples, Strawberries, Milk, Protein Bars and last but not least Graham Crackers" I said to myself assuring that i had gotten everything that I wanted from the market.

Just a city boy, Born and Raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin anywhere

"Mom's calling!" I shreaked in happiness

"Hello mom did you hear the news!" I yelled

"You betcha!" She yelled back

"Well is dad impressed?" I said

"You know your father" She said quietly

"Yeah he's probably complaining about how i'm not the best player in the draft, just the best defenseman" I said jokingly

We both laughed, god I love my mom.

"Well" I said to my mom, "You might as well put dad on the phone"

"Okay bye hun I love you!" She screamed

Before I could say "I love you to mom!" my dad came onto the phone and said, "Hey I heard the news"

"Yeah, I heard that you heard the news" I laughed at my own humor

"Don't get to cocky kid the draft hasn't even happened yet and you never know, you might not even get drafted" My dad said, I could tell he was in a typical bad mood

"Dad i'm the best defenseman in the draft and you know it! You could atleast give me some slack and say good job son for making it this far and possibly being in the NHL like mom does" I screamed

"I'm not your mot-"

"Obviously!" I said cutting him off and hung up

God what is my dad's problem? When ever something good for me happens he always has to look on the negative side of it, "Hey dad look wat my test I got a 99%!" I said to myself, then imitating my dads voice I said "You can show me your test with this much excitement when you get 100% until then i don't care"
Old 03-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet
Sweet job, can't wait for it to really start off.
Thanks a lot man! it's great to see somebody comment on it this soon, I think i'm going to do a few stories until I start the games however, I'm 2 games in on it though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Part Two: The Day of the Draft

Today was an extra special day and by now all of my friends and family know why. Today is the day that I, Aaron Wheeler former star of the Kelowna Rockets will be drafted! My best friend Nathan Gelardi and Joe Abke set up a big part for me and all of my friends are going to be there, the next day i'm going to my parents house to celebrate me being drafted over dinner with my whole family.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK, I got up from watching an old episode of That 70's Show to see who was at the door. I opened the door to see a short round man with no hair in the middle of his head and a suit and hat on that looks like he found a time machine in the 1920's and decided to come to my house to ask me what year it was.

"Hello, is this Aaron Wheeler?" the short man said,

"Yes and who are you?" I said anxious

"Well my name is Paul Montie but you can call me Paulie"

"Hello Paulie, so what brings you here today?" I said

"I came here to meet the best Defenseman in the NHL Draft and see if he had an agent yet, so do you have an agent?" He said almost as anxious as I was to answer

"No sir and before I make you my agent give me a reason to do so"

"Well i'm great with paperwork and I have a ton of connections so I am always updated with the latest news, hell I could probably tell you which team was going to draft you before they did!" He said triumphantly

"That's a good reason, your hired" I said

"Thanks! this is the best decision of your career" He reassured me, "I'll get to work right now!"

"Alright, my number is 1-586-917-8731 call me if anything happens alright?" I said

"Deal" He said and walked away

After putting on all my work out clothes I grabbed my Ipod, picked up my keys, locked the door and ran out the door to start the 5 miles that I was going to run to get into "NHL shape", the first song I put on was the Rocky Balboa theme song, this song always finds a way to pump me up. Almost 3 miles later I had gone through almost all of my songs, I really need to add some more "pumping up songs" to my Ipod.

Just a city boy, Born and Raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

I answered my phone to an imediate "Hey you still up for the NHL Draft party?", It was Joe

"Yeah Ofcourse I am man I can't wait, who are you inviting?" I said kind of confused

"Well it's going to be me, you, Nathan, my girl friend Kylee, Nathan's girl friend Ashlee, a few kids from school that we are cool with and ofcourse some hot girls from school" He said

"What about Kristen?" I said

"Cmon' man you got to get over you, she's moved onto different guys." He said, "Plus if you brought her it wouldn't be as much fun and if she rejected out invitation you would be depressed" He said assuring me it was a bad idea

"I don't care, she is going man" I said way to loud

"Okay, okay I just want to see my best friend have a good time" Joe said

"Well thanks man, I love you. Just please bring Kristen I am just crazy about her you have to bring her" I said

"Okay bye man" Joe said and hung up

Back to running my five miles, the first 2 and a half were away from my house and then I was going the same distance back home. Every mile seemed to be longer and longer and when I finally reached my house I couldn't help but jump in the air and hold one hand up like my idol Rocky.

Last edited by hockeyplaya2724; 03-28-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Part Three: The Party

As I walked into Nathan's house I thought two things and those two things were first of all this is awesome! it was dark except for all the different colored lights plus there was good party music going on. The second thing being, could this be the night were I finally get to go back out with Kristen?

Right when I walked in I was greeted by Nathan, "Hey let me see your coat future NHLer!" He yelled and followed that by jumping on me and giving me a bear hug

"Your...crushing...me" I barely managed to say

"I don't care! this is the hug of love, once in the hug of love there's no way of getting out your just in it" He said while getting of me

"So is Kristen here?" I said

"Listen man don't worry about Kristen right now, want to know what your going to do?" He said

"What am I going to do?" I cleverly replied

"Your going to first give me your coat, then go over to the TV and last party hard, Kristen is nothing to the hot chicks that I invited" He said

"Thanks man but Kristen is the girl for me, now here take my coat" I said

"What ever you say!" Nathan said while walking away with my coat

Later that night I walked around talking to just about everyone there, I must be the most popular guy here... well it's my party, god i'm so dumb sometimes.

All of a sudden something caught the corner of my eye, it's Kristen! "Okay keep cool" I said to myself and proceeded to walk over to her

"Hey you" I said

"Hey you" Kristen said jokingly

"So how do you like the party?"

"It's okay, congrats on possibly being drafted" Kristen said

"Thanks it means a lot" I said

"No problem"

"So where is Josh?" I snarled

"Actually I broke up with Josh, I guess you were right he is a mean guy" She said

"I told you!" I said

"I kno-"

"So hey I was thinking, i'm basically crazy about you and your single now, would you want to maybe go out with me maybe?" I said nervously

"Let me think about it, your a great guy but I was just in a relationship" She said

"Okay that's good enough for me, but please make your decision soon I can't stand it I like you so much" I said kind of flirtacious

"Awwww, well i'm going to go think about it i'll talk to you later sweet heart" she said and then walked away

WOW! I really hope she says yes

"Everyone shut up the draft has started!!!" Joe screamed

For some reason all I could think about during the draft was Kristen, even with the possible chance that I was going to be drafted early first round I didn't even think about it one bit.

Everytime a team announced a player that wasn't me that they drafted everyone at the party booed, the loudest booers of the croud being Joe and Nathan.

I decided to stop thinking about Kristen though during the 10th pick, the Oilers picked some Swedish player who's name I couldn't pronounce, for the 11th pick the Predators selected Ryan Ellis, then the Islanders picked Calvin de Haan with the 12th pick. I can't believe they were picking other defenseman over me this is bull.

Up next were the Buffalo Sabres, a team I wouldn't mind playing for. They have pretty awesome jerseys and I am a fan of Vanek but an even bigger fan of Afinogenov and it's to bad he's on the Thrashers now. Plus playing with Miller would be good because it would help my +/- a ton.

The party went from the loudest house on the neighborhood to so silent you could here the next door neighbors talking.

"Before we select our player we would like to thank Montreal for there hospitality and congrats to the Penguins for winning the Stanley Cup. With the 13th pick of the 2009 NHL Draft we select... Aaron Wheeler!"

"WOOHOOOOO!!!" Everyone at the party screamed in joy and they proceeded to have the biggest group hug of all time, people who didn't even know each other kissed and everybody was giving me congrats and hugs and hell even kisses. The last person that came up to me was Kristen, "Hey Aaron congrats!" she said

"Thanks!" I screamed

"Listen... i've been thinking about your offer and I would have to say yes" she said and then kissed me on the cheek

Before I could say anything back Joe and Nathan dragged me away and brought me into the party, everybody got drunk and I really hit it off with Kristen I have to say it was the best night of my life.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Nice...following.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »