Home

Avalanche WARNING

This is a discussion on Avalanche WARNING within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Avalanche WARNING

This is my first dynasty thread. I will be playin on Superstar difficulty. With 8 min periods. and latest tuners.

Last edited by Drovchas; 03-30-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Avalanche WARNING

Ive been a fan of the Colorado Avalanche ever since the team moved from Quebec. At first it was just because of thier new uniforms, I think. Then I realized that they have two of my favorite players being Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg. When they traded to get Patrick Roy then I became not just a casual fan but a hardcore fan, but that was then and after two Stanley Cups some how Colorado just dont appeal to me as they once did. Its time for a change, to bring back the flashy style of play that Colorado is famous for. That is why today I will be starting my GM/Coaching duties. There will be changes, some popular and some not so popular. My first order of business will be to attend my predrarft meetings and get our draft board finalized.

Last edited by Drovchas; 03-30-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Pre Draft Analysis

Colorado has already drafted a great hockey player by the name of Matt Duchene in the real draft this year. So pressure is off to draft a stud. That in mind Colorado has the third pick and this could be a great chance to bolster talent pool. There are some players that I have been keeping my eye on and our drafting team has ranked them in order.
1. C- M.Peterson
2.C- Fedor Obsut
3.D- Jody Sabourin
4.LW- Travis Stephens
5.C- Stephen Leclaire
6.C-Michael Phillips
7.C-Trevor Pollock
8.C-Jaroslav Valabik
9.LW-Bjorn Backer
10.RW-Kevin Gardner
Attached Images
File Type: gif 2009 draft.gif (5.4 KB, 59 views)
Old 03-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Cool man...good luck...and welcome to the boards.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Behind Doors Predraft Players Meeting

Before the draft begins there will be a behind door players meeting with some selected players. Those who have been contacted are: Team Captin Adam Foote, Assistant Captin Paul Stastny and Milan Hejduk. Things that will be discussed are our draft day goal and possible trades. I start things off by placing three names on a board:

Scott Hannan
Darcy Tucker
Adam Foote

Immediatley Adam Footes face turns red, and says"What kind of joke is this you invite me here to discuss player drafting then why is my name on a board of possible trades."
Already expecting this I tell him I brought him in here for two reasons, the first out of respect for what he has done for this franchise, I will seek out your permission before I trade you, If at all. Sort of a loose no trade clause. The second is as you are entering your last season or two you need to get some office experience for your next role with the Avalanche when ever you retire."

Foote slowly slumps back into his chair."Oh, ok, you had me worried for a second.

"Ok on the next subject Scott Hannan, a great defensive defenseman but for that salary you have to be multi-functional. So that is why he is up there on the Board."

Milan chimes in," Darcy is the only player I would trade his best days are long gone and he is starting to become a distraction to the younger players."

Then I tell Paul, " Your job this season is to learn all the off ice responsabilties that comes along with being a Captain beacause after Adam leaves you will be my first choice."

Then I conclude the meeting by saying," with our 3rd pick we will probally have a shot at Jody Sabourin or Travis Stephens. So whats your thoughts?"

Paul Stastny- says Jody he is a smart puck moving defenseman.
Milan Hejduk- says Travis Stephens he can fly down the wing and I have been always a fan of that.
Adam Foote-We need another stud defenseman beacause you have Scott's name on the board.

"Alright thanks guys, now its time to do my job."

Last edited by Drovchas; 03-30-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Interesting way of doing it...

Oh...and you called Paul by his dad's name in the previous post...at the top of the post when you talked about which players were coming to the meeting.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Looks good and interesting, can't wait to see how you rebuild the 'Avs!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

An Avalanche dynasty is just what the board needs. Welcome, and good luck.

By the way I drafted LW Bjorn Backer (2nd season with the Panthers) and he has played very well for Rochester, 21 pts so far. Another good player (least in my chise) is LW Ed Schieder, I also drafted him in my chise (2nd season) and he has 38 pts for Rochester, leads the team.

But the best pick out of those ten was RW-Kevin Gardner (can't remember what team drafted him in season 2) but he leads all rookies in the NHL with 46pts and was selected by The East All Star Team in season 2.

Don't bother with C- Fedor Obsut, the CPU always drafts him first. Don't know why, theres nothing special about him.

If you can get any of these players please try, they all have great potential and will be great players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »