Home

Blueshirts United: A 2009-10 New York Rangers Dynasty

This is a discussion on Blueshirts United: A 2009-10 New York Rangers Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Rookie

DudleyDoWright's Arena

OVR: 15
Blueshirts United: A 2009-10 New York Rangers Dynasty

New Start for Blueshirts by Johnluke Chaparro

After a bitter end to a season that saw the Rangers scratch their way into the playoffs, Rangers management needed to improve the team vastly, as the club lacked scoring and defense. Before the 2008-09 campaign we saw the likes of Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan, players who led and had tremendous talent, leave the club. GM Glen Sather tried to replace that with Wade Redden, Markus Naslund and a few other players. The season began well for New York, but as the season curved into the stretch run, the Rangers fell apart.

But, the Blueshirts were able to stay alive long enough to clinch a playoff spot, much pleased were the fans of the Blueshirts. Things went well as the Rangers held a 3-1 stranglehold on the tough Washington Capitals. It looked like the series was theirs, fans everywhere anticipated the next round for the Rangers, sports talks shows were buzzing, it was euphoria as it seemed like New York would continue the playoff success.

But in a twist of fate, the Rangers dropped the last three games of the series with lackluster play and the distraction of Sean Avery and Coach John Tortorella. They just fell apart, nothing went right. So, as the offseason began, the Rangers needed to clean house.

General Manager Glen Sather was fired before the end of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, thus paving the way for Mark Messier to take over. He wanted to make an impact immediately, and that he did

He first signed Ales Kotalik, a power forward who was great on the Power Play and has fantastic skills in the shootout. Then they traded Scott Gomez to Montreal for Chris Higgins and prospects. He then proceeded to trade Kotalik and Higgins to Calgary for Olli Jokinen. Messier was asked on why he traded Higgins and Kotalik so quick, his reply was "The few days they were here, they caused a lot of trouble, making noise and so on, that's not happening here"

Messier then landed all-star forward Marian Gaborik. Gaborik, who has a history of injury problems, is regarded as one of the most talented players in the NHL at the moment. His speed, his shot, his ability to help put his team over the top was exactly what the Rangers needed.

Messier wasn't done though. In a blockbuster deal the Rangers traded Enver Lisin, Dane Byers and Michael Sauer to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Vincent Lecavalier. The move gives Gaborik someone to work with at Center on the first line, and with John Tortorella's aggressive system, Vincent may go back to the forward he once was. Messier was also able to rid of Defenseman Wade Redden and Defenseman Nigel Williams for Dan Boyle.

With these moves, the 2009-10 season looks promising, giving the Rangers a boost of talent, leadership and gut. Will the team perform after a lackluster performance last year, or will Lord Stanley return to New York......

more to come.......

My MVP Baseball Videos

www.mvpmods.com

MVPmods.com, the largest MVP modding community.

www.eamods.com

Makers of the MLB 08 MVP mod for MVP 05 for PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Blueshirts United: A 2009-10 New York Rangers Dynasty

Jeez, your team looks tank dude. Very good.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
Rookie

DudleyDoWright's Arena

YOUR 2009-10 NEW YORK RANGERS

COACH

John Tortorella

W:267
L:238
OTL: 43
T: 37

My MVP Baseball Videos

www.mvpmods.com

www.eamods.com

Old 04-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
Rookie

DudleyDoWright's Arena

OCTOBER 2009 Schedule

My MVP Baseball Videos

www.mvpmods.com

www.eamods.com

Old 04-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
Rookie

DudleyDoWright's Arena

My MVP Baseball Videos

www.mvpmods.com

www.eamods.com

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Very nice start, I especially like how you displayed your team roster but that Lecavalier trade was just terrible.

No offense, I just don't like it when people rip off the computer in trades.

Montreal was the closest to landing Lecavalier IRL and they had to offer Plekanec (Their best center), Higgins (A 20-30 goal scorer at the time) and Subban (Their best defensive prospect and arguably their best prospect overall).

You gave up two mid-lower tier prospects and Lisin.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
Rookie

DudleyDoWright's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeshun
Very nice start, I especially like how you displayed your team roster but that Lecavalier trade was just terrible.

No offense, I just don't like it when people rip off the computer in trades.

Montreal was the closest to landing Lecavalier IRL and they had to offer Plekanec (Their best center), Higgins (A 20-30 goal scorer at the time) and Subban (Their best defensive prospect and arguably their best prospect overall).

You gave up two mid-lower tier prospects and Lisin.
Hey, I offered it, they took it. I tried a few times, i gave them a good package that involved Brandon Dubinsky and another forward that was notable. I offer them that package, and they took it. Try it in the game, it works.

My MVP Baseball Videos

www.mvpmods.com

www.eamods.com

Old 04-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudleyDoWright
Hey, I offered it, they took it. I tried a few times, i gave them a good package that involved Brandon Dubinsky and another forward that was notable. I offer them that package, and they took it. Try it in the game, it works.

You're also dealing with semi-******** CPU logic so the chance that they actually ask for an adequate package is very slim.

It's really up to you to make it a fair/realistic trade and IMO you completely ripped them off.

I'm not trying to criticize you I'm just stating my opinion. Most people don't want to see lopsided trades. I don't just take the lowest value trades in my dynasty, I overpay whether the CPU wants it or not so it seems realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »