Home

Hockey Dynasty Forum Golden Era...

This is a discussion on Hockey Dynasty Forum Golden Era... within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Hockey Dynasty Forum Golden Era...

I've been around this forum for a while now and I don't quite remember it being as active as it is right now...

so I was wondering if everyone who writes would like to tell everyone a little bit about themselves. I know I'm curious about a few of the people.

Okay...guess I'll go first.

Well...my name is Steve. I'm 30 years old and I'm married with two children. I'm currently going through the hoops to get back into school to finish my degree, which will be in Business Management.

I've played guitar for 22 years, although I hardly play at the moment, and I've played hockey games for about 19 years.

I basically go to work (Subway, I quit nursing), come home and spend time with the wife and kids before they go to bed...which is when I play my hockies.

I live in Northwest, Arkansas...I moved here when I was 14 when the guitar amplifier company my parents managed expanded from St. Louis and built a new plant down here in the sticks. There was no hockey here and it seriously broke my heart to have that part of my life ripped out.

However, I got lucky. The same year I moved here, another kid named Anthony moved here from Chicago. He also loved hockey.

So one day we were at a local park playing Mighty Ducks style (trash cans on their side as goals) and a couple of 20 year olds stroll up to us and start asking us questions. Well, turns out they were displaced hockey fans as well and they helped establish a league here in town.

It was really amazing to see how hockey exploded in this small town. We had teams for all age groups including traveling 18+ teams that traveled around Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma playing in tournaments.

Good times and still blows my mind to this very day. That was 16 years ago and we still play hockey during the winter and travel to Branson on Wednesday nights on occasion to play pick-up games there.

Anyways...there is a little about me. How about yall???....er you guys???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Hockey Dynasty Forum Golden Era...

Nice idea, OBG.

My name is Tiago and I'm from Portugal. You may find weird that a portuguese know any other sport besides football (or soccer). But since I began to see NHL on TV I've been in love with this sport. Unfortunatly, I've never played it for real. We don't have hockey rings in Portugal, just football fields.

I'm 20 years old a I'm taking a degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences. I love play guitar too, but only started two years ago, and I'm not very good at it.
I love music. I collect vynil records from the Beatles, Ac/Dc, Metallica, and so long.

I have a girlfriend for six years. She is so pacient that she even check my dynasty every day for updates.

I love cars too, but I don't have the money to spend on them.
So thats all I remember.

Who's next?

Last edited by takeshi1191; 04-27-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

Name: Patrick

I live in Montreal (GO HABS) and I was born, raised and have lived here my whole life.

I currently work with my dad in construction but I've been looking to get into the gaming industry recently. I've got a couple interviews coming up, one with a branch of EA and the other with Ubisoft. I'm hoping I can possibly get a position at either one, doing what I could care less as long as I can get my foot in the door. My plan is to eventually pursue a degree in graphic design.

I love Hockey, American Football, Music, just about anything to do with art/graphics etc.

Interesting thing about me being a Habs fan, I used to hate them when I was a kid. My earliest memory of Hockey was probably when I was around 6 years old, I remember the Habs had just traded Roy and I became a diehard Avs fan from that moment on.

Stopped watching Hockey almost completely when Patrick Roy, my all-time favorite player, retired and I only really got back into it when all the hype started to build around the 'Crosby sweepstakes'.

Since I had been away from the game for so long I became more or less a bandwagon Habs fan, until they drafted Carey Price and I really got into it. Seen Sergei Kostitsyn play a few times in London, Ontario and I fell in love with the kid. The Habs ended up drafting him too and it was almost as if everything just fell into place.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:35 AM   #4
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeshun
Name: Patrick

I live in Montreal (GO HABS) and I was born, raised and have lived here my whole life.

I currently work with my dad in construction but I've been looking to get into the gaming industry recently. I've got a couple interviews coming up, one with a branch of EA and the other with Ubisoft. I'm hoping I can possibly get a position at either one, doing what I could care less as long as I can get my foot in the door. My plan is to eventually pursue a degree in graphic design.

I love Hockey, American Football, Music, just about anything to do with art/graphics etc.

Interesting thing about me being a Habs fan, I used to hate them when I was a kid. My earliest memory of Hockey was probably when I was around 6 years old, I remember the Habs had just traded Roy and I became a diehard Avs fan from that moment on.

Stopped watching Hockey almost completely when Patrick Roy, my all-time favorite player, retired and I only really got back into it when all the hype started to build around the 'Crosby sweepstakes'.

Since I had been away from the game for so long I became more or less a bandwagon Habs fan, until they drafted Carey Price and I really got into it. Seen Sergei Kostitsyn play a few times in London, Ontario and I fell in love with the kid. The Habs ended up drafting him too and it was almost as if everything just fell into place.
Interesting...good luck getting on at EA.

*burns with envy*
Old 04-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
Pro

mikko1995's Arena

OVR: 22

My name is Mikko and I'm 14-years-old. I was born in Kuopio in the Eastern Finland and I currently live in a village about 78 kilometer's (about 48 miles) to South from Kuopio.

I'm currently in the 8th grade of Comprehenesive School. Next year I will finish my Comprehenesive School and I will propably continue to High School.

I founded hockey about 9 years ago when I started to watch Finnish SM-liiga from TV. I played hockey in a team for a while, but I wasn't to good. I currently play Floorball in a team and we are one of the best team in our region. I play D in that team and I'm in the first D-pair.

My first hockey game was NHL 2000 for PS1. Then I got the NHL 2004 for PS2, then I got 2005,06,07,08 and 09 for PS2 aswell. I got PS3 last spring and the first game for it was of course NHL10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

Name: Brad Thompson

Married for two years but have been with my wife for 10.
Have a 17 month old son named Nathan (ie for Panthers frachise player - I know corny).

I help manage banking/financing for wealth Canadians, which if everyone doesn't know wealthy people can't manage their money worth ****.

Have played NHL EA since its inception on Super NES. Before that it was Blades of Steel on NES. :-)

My favorite NHL player is Alexander Mogilny and my favorite goalie is Patrick Roy. Over the years I have been a habs fan (When Roy was there) and a Leafs fan.

I bought my x-box 360 a few years ago and NHL was the first game I purchased - just love the franchise.

Last edited by bthomp05; 04-28-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Nathan MacDonald: 28

I'm a native of Nova Scotia, although I've also lived in Ottawa, Germany and Belleville (Go Bulls). I've been playing hockey games since NES Blades of Steel (hence the title for my latest dynasty). I first started watching hockey in the late 80's with my dad. I was a big Pens fan and enjoyed watching Jagr's emergence into the league and Mario's greatness. I grew jaded after Pens management screwed Mario and the city wouldn't support such a great team. I started watching the Senators in their first year and slowly changed allegiances.

I'm an accountant by trade having acquired my accounting degree from Dalhousie U. I work for a firm that manages a German property investment portfolio. I'm going back to school to get my MBA when my long term girlfriend returns from teaching in Scotland (I wouldn't have the discipline to do schoolwork when she isn't around, she keeps me in check), hence the excessive free time I have to put work into my dynasties.

I'll probably be around less in the summer as my hobbies include:Golfing, Mountain Biking, Camping, and Ultimate Frisbee.

C'est Moi
GLES - USC

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »