Home

Minnesota Wild - NHL10 BEAGM (First time poster)

This is a discussion on Minnesota Wild - NHL10 BEAGM (First time poster) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Minnesota Wild - NHL10 BEAGM (First time poster)

Hey guys, I've read through some of the dynasties around here, and I'd like to start my own. I really want to start one with the Wild since I know a lot about them and are my favorite team. I see that many haven't been started about the Wild, but that's cool.

What sliders should I be using? How long do you normally play? I was thinking 8-9 minutes a game, but I want to have some realistic sliders (I haven't played with them much) as I can beat the CPU the majority of the time. Do you suggest I start with the draft, and turning off the cap and CPU trades? I've been doing a lot of reading in other dynasties so I'm just checking everything out.

I'll get started later today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Minnesota Wild - NHL10 BEAGM (First time poster)

Welcome to the boards SB.

If you want realistic sliders I suggest OBG's over in the Slider Section. He suggests playing on Superstar with 9 minute periods but even playing on All-Star with 7 or 8 minute periods is pretty challenging.

I would definitely say turn off CPU trading and the CAP and start after the draft. That way you start right at the beginning of the season, if you can get your hand on a custom roster it'll include the nice draft class for this upcoming year.

Good Luck
GLES - USC

Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
Welcome to the boards SB.

If you want realistic sliders I suggest OBG's over in the Slider Section. He suggests playing on Superstar with 9 minute periods but even playing on All-Star with 7 or 8 minute periods is pretty challenging.

I would definitely say turn off CPU trading and the CAP and start after the draft. That way you start right at the beginning of the season, if you can get your hand on a custom roster it'll include the nice draft class for this upcoming year.

Good Luck
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Yeah, I think I'll do those things because the computer does like to make some odd trades that don't really make sense.

I used the Ultimate Remix roster for a while, but I don't really like some of the ratings so I think I'll use the EA most updated rosters...the only problem is that they always have a ton of guys named like S.A.? Maybe I should clean it up and import some guys? I'd like to get a draft class for this year, but yeah, I'll set up my first post later tonight.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Hey man, welcome to our neck of the woods.

Don't hesitate to ask any of one of us if you need some help with something or anything for that matter.

Good luck with the 'chise.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Welcome! I will follow your 'chise. If you need anything just ask.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for all the following, I really liked what a lot of you guys have done with your franchises. I'm going to use OBG's superstar sliders. (Thanks for that by the way)

I don't know what would be a clean roster lineup. I downloaded EA's lineup but there's a bunch of characters named S.A and G.A, I'll try to remove them and insert the 2010 draft class.

I'm not really proficient with photoshop, so this will kind of be crappy articles, but I'll try my best.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 13

Welcome to the Hockey section and boards. I will follow.

You don't have to know photoshop. As long as you can make the stories interesting, people will like it. I don't do much with mine (a few stories after games, standings, boxscores.)

One nice thing is that we have box scores and different tables that have been created and can be used by anyone. Simple to use (you add stats and just copy the HTML and paste it, just don't preview or edit the post) and look great.

If you have questions ask, we are all friendly here and are willing to help.

Steel City Defense - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html
Old 05-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314hew
Welcome to the Hockey section and boards. I will follow.

You don't have to know photoshop. As long as you can make the stories interesting, people will like it. I don't do much with mine (a few stories after games, standings, boxscores.)

One nice thing is that we have box scores and different tables that have been created and can be used by anyone. Simple to use (you add stats and just copy the HTML and paste it, just don't preview or edit the post) and look great.

If you have questions ask, we are all friendly here and are willing to help.
I appreciate the help! I played my first game today, I'll have the first story or two up here in a second. I'll have to try to keep the stories intesting, create some drama.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »