Home

The Real Pavel Bure, Please Stand Up

This is a discussion on The Real Pavel Bure, Please Stand Up within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
The Real Pavel Bure, Please Stand Up

nm

Last edited by onlybygrace; 06-13-2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: dumb...really really dumb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Re: The Real Pavel Bure, Please Stand Up

Dude...of course all that Back To The Future was just play.

But I am bringing Bure outta the past and into the now.

As a kid...

However that would happen...

Its happening.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't know what you're saying, but if you're trying to beat the Rangers back in '94, nice try.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:06 AM   #4
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Canucks Prospect Bure Looks To Impress

Pavel Bure scored twice in last nights preseason opener against the Flames in a a 7-1 Vancouver win.

Don Hindlezimmer
Vancouver Sun

A lot has been made of Pavel Bure, the young Russian prodigy that will be debuting for the Vancouver Canucks during the 2009-2010 campaign.

Whether anything ever becomes of this kid, let it be said that Bure has speed and some to burn. He handles the puck in close quarters like its glued to the blade of his stick.

He speaks little english, but he knows how to magically pick teams apart...

and thats all the Canucks and Vancouver really care about, Pavel.

Show us who you really are.

Last edited by onlybygrace; 06-12-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:11 AM   #5
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
I don't know what you're saying, but if you're trying to beat the Rangers back in '94, nice try.
NYwRiter94, do you think even I knew what I was saying there???

Bure happens now...He was born in 1990. So he is 20.

Whether I play the Rangers in the Finals would seem an obvious mystery, being that the puck hasn't even dropped on the season yet.

Its sorta like EA's Slapshot...but with Pavel Bure.

Get it???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #6
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

BTW, this is gonna be real stripped down. Like monthly updates or so, because I will still be the Wolverines.

Just something more for fun...surely no game to game recaps. lol

Done with those forever, I am.

I hope...sigh.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Pro

Bure10Beezer34's Arena

OVR: 6

First of all you are correct OBG. We are very lucky to be in the middle of what is the best hockey game produced up to this point(other than NHL94 which I still play to this day on my Sega.) I remember just a couple years ago when I first say whichever NHL game it was on a friends XBox on my HDTV. It was incredible and literally brought a tear to my eye(yes, to this day my wife still makes fun of me!) The graphics and presentation were off the charts and I actually thought I was at a real game or close enough. It was beautiful! Now the game play was so-so but this year has been worth the wait.

I just saw a gametrailer last night for NHL11 and it looks about the same as NHL10 graphically but I'll hold off judgement until I find out more info. So far they have totally re-done the faceoff system and I've heard rumors that they re-did the checking/physical engine for better more life like checks. I'm pretty excited to see what other changes are made and if it's even better than NHL10 which I find hard to believe.

Anyway, OBG you know I think highly of you. In fact your St. Louis Blues franchise was one of the big reasons I started my first posted franchise on these forums. I'm a huge Bure fan, obviously, LOL! Every project you have done has been top notch but I'm kind of speechless on Back-to-the-Future Bure. I'm not trying to hate on you because I brought him back in my franchise. Nothing like that. It's just an interesting concept bringing a 20 year old rookie from the past into the NHL video games of the future. Maybe I'm speechless because no one else has really done anything like it...at least I haven't seen it. So good luck on this project and I hope he scores more than Malkin did in the Wolverines franchise...LOL! Why don't you just kick Forsberg off and bring Bure to the Wolves to play with Malkin? I'd rather see him the Forsberg...sorry my inner-Red Wing fan coming out!

P.S. I'm working real hard and really hope Bure hits 30 goals in my franchise. It's weird how some players score effortlessly in this game while others struggle...

***Oh and almost forgot!!!! Sticks are able to break in NHL11!!! Plus from the videos I've seen they will stay on the ice until the whistle so even more debris to deflect shots and passes off of. Can't wait to see more of this in action!!!***

Last edited by Bure10Beezer34; 06-12-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Eh...lets just say I should leave my posting and mood altering substances out of the same time frame.

This can sink. Or maybe...

nah I got an idea.

Just nevermind that crap I said last night. lol. What?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »