Home

Rebuilding the Avs: A Colerado Avalanche Be A GM

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Avs: A Colerado Avalanche Be A GM within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #17
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Rebuilding the Avs: A Colerado Avalanche Be A GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLemieux
My sister is almost done high school so she has a lot of homework, so I might not be able to get my updates up today. But I did go up on a 2 game losing streak, so I still haven't got the greatest sliders.

Any suggestions who I should trade for?

Try getting Brent Sopel, Fedor Tyutin, or Jaroslav Spacek. Just a thought.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12

Any suggestions who I should trade for?
Old 06-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #19
Banned

The Denver Star
Colorado drops 2 in a row

Colorado's magical winning streak to start the season comes to an end during their 6 game road trip. The first game they lost was against Montreal in an exciting 2-1 game where tempers flared and the crowd was in it every step of the way.

The game opened with good goal by Gomez in the first period. Gomez snuck by the defence and got a long lead pass, then put it in the net over Chiodo's right shoulder. The game went back and forth with good chances for both teams until the third period came along, where Gomez scored his second of the night where he was left wide open in the slot.

Colorado narrowed the lead to one with one minute remaining with a good wrist shot from their captain, Hejduk, but that was all they would get. Despite pulling their goalie, Colorado couldn't get anything by the defence, and if they did Price held up well. They lost the game 2-1.

"The defence killed us," stated Jacob Jamnicky after the game. "Both goals could've been easily prevented. If Price didn't play such a great game we would've won. Hats off to him. I don't blame Chiodo at all, neither of the goal's were his fault. I appreciate the composure he had throughout the night."

Nobody on the Colorado bench argued with Janmicky's comments.

The second loss came to the Detroit Red Wings. They lost in a score of 3-1, where Zetterburg got a pair of goals and Lidstrom got 1 goal. Osgood wasn't on his best game, but neither were the forwards. Hejduk recorded the only goal with 1 minute remaining, but it didn't give Colorado any lift, and Jamnicky didn't pull the goalie.

"There was no point. Detroit won fair and square, and we couldn't have reversed the momentum and gotten 2 more goals with 55 seconds left."

It is unknown whether or not Jamnicky will shuffle the lines. But one thing is known: Colorado may not be the magical team it seemed to be in the first few games.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #20
Banned

The Denver Star
Colorado shuts down Minnesota to end losing streak

The Colorado team that played Minnesota looked like they were on a mission as the beat the wild 5-0 in a great outing by Chris Osgood where he saw 21 shots and stopped them all.

Patrick Kane opened the scoring to get his seventh goal of the campaign in the first period. The pucks just kept finding the back of the net after that. By the end of the game Wolski, Stewart and Semin all got goals, while Kane got a second on the third goal of the night.

"I was very happy with my performance, and the performance of the entire team," said Patrick Kane after the game. "We really connected and we deserved the win."

Kyle Quincey also had a good night, where he got 6 hits and 2 assists on the night, earning himself the third star. "I had a great night, and so did the team. We were really angry after dropping 2 games, and Minnesota was the unlucky team that had to play us."

Colorado is now 1 point behind Calgary in the western conference standings. Both teams are fighting for 1st in the Western Conference. A divisional battle may rage for the entire if both teams perform as they are now all year.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #21
Banned

The Denver Star
Colorado shakes the lines and makes a big trade

It was a busy day for new GM Ethan Mckinnon yesterday as he made a big trade to Montreal, acquiring star defenceman Andreai Markov, while giving up Kyle Clumskey and Byrne.

"I know we lost 2 good prospects, but I'm thinking about the needs of this team NOW. Markov is a good defenceman that could help us stop being beaten. That last game against Carolina was just brutal."

Ethan is referring to the game 2 nights ago where Colorado lost 4-2 to the Hurricanes in a game where the defence failed, and Osgood failed to bail them out. He was pulled after the fourth goal, and Chiodo finished the game.

"Chiodo will start the next game against the wings, that's certain," stated Jamnicky yesterday.

The entire Avalanche committee had agreed that they needed to trade 2 prospects for a good defenceman, and Montreal seemed the perfect choice for a trade.

The lines were also shuffled. Alex Tanguay and Patrick Kane were given the boot last night and sent down to the second line, so that Alexander Semin and Milan Hejduk could use their own skills to take the lead and help the team win. Osgood isn't starting in the next game, either.

The top 2 defensive pairings are as follows:

K. Quincey A. Markov

A. Foote J. Liles

Colorado is hoping to beat Detroit with their new lines.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #22
Banned

The Denver Star
Despite changes Colorado struggles against Detroit

The Colorado Avalanche went into their game against Detroit very confident, thinking that with their new changes they would dominate their fellow Western Conference rivals. Instead of domination, the Red Wings gave them a nice slap to the face, opening with a quick 2-1 lead at the end of the first period. More injury woes plagued Colorado as Wolski took a big hit in the trolley tracks and went to the dressing room, but didn't return.

Colorado got a 5 minute powerplay when Ericson got a game misconduct for a brutal slash. Luckily, Milan Hejduk wasn't hurt in the play. They quickly got another powerplay when Tanguay was high-sticked. Instead of scoring, they got scored on, and they were down 3-1. Head coach Jacob Jamnicky was going ballistic at Liles and Foote for letting it happen, and Chiodo was just staring blankly at center ice.

Colorado finally smartened up, then scored 4 straight goals, 2 of them scored by Hejduk and 1 by Kane. Markov assisted 2 of the goals, and Colorado kept the lead. Tempers flared, and Tanguay and Hejduk both got into fights. The Colorado crowd was never more loud than when they won the fights.

Colorado is currently 1st in the Western conference with 16 points.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #23
Banned

My trade didn't really help that much. I'm still not getting that much defensive response, and I've tried many combination's. Any lines/trades you guys would suggest?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #24
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLemieux
My trade didn't really help that much. I'm still not getting that much defensive response, and I've tried many combination's. Any lines/trades you guys would suggest?
Probably because Markov is an offensive defenseman... fail lol jk.

Try getting Brad Stuart

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »