Home

Making a mark: Oshawa Ravens

This is a discussion on Making a mark: Oshawa Ravens within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Making a mark: Oshawa Ravens

I've made my own team called the Oshawa Ravens. It's the full team of the Phoenix Coyotes.

I'm going to be running the same style dynasty as Takeshi. Well... not the templates but the whole "Team board" thing. As many people as you want can join, and you can help me with the lines, trades and FA'S throughout the season.

The roster is full, so the first thing I'll need help with is telling me how to release players to FA. Phoenix isn't very deep, either, so I'll need help making trades.

Make them REALISTIC! I don't wanna take advantage of the computer. We're running a realistic dynasty here. Also, the Salary cap is off because I am really bad at working around the Salary cap. But let's say we do have one, and let's not stack the team.

Okay... I guess I'll get started Hope you like it

Santa pwnz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Making a mark: Oshawa Ravens

The Oshawa Paper
Pro Hockey coming our way!

Yes! You didn't misread the heading. Pro hockey is finally coming to the beautiful city of Oshawa. The papers were signed yesterday, and the Phoenix Coyotes, along with the full roster, is moving here to Oshawa to become the Oshawa Ravens. The owner who bought the team is Canadian Billionaire and Oshawa native Jason Lemieux.

"I love hockey. I played it as a child, and a piece of the puzzle was always missing the the Oshawa Generals (the local junior team) couldn't fill. Pro hockey could flourish here, and I decided to make it happen by buying the Phoenix Coyotes hockey club," said Jason Lemieux

Phoenix is sad to see the team leave, but NHL commissioner Gary Bettman thought it was for the best.

"We are sad to see Phoenix lose it's hockey team after such few years. But the Coyotes were struggling to make an impact, and the lack of loyal fans really hurt the team. Oshawa is a much better suited place for the team. Maybe someday we can get a new team in Phoenix, but for now they'll have to move on to other sports."

New coaches were given positions on the team. The new head coach is Callum Steen. The trainer is Jacob Jamnicky, and the assistant coach is Brandon Lemieux, the cousin of Jason Lemieux.

"I didn't choose Brandon due to family bonds. He's a great coach and will help the team get settled in the first couple of years," said Jason Lemieux.

The new GM is Eric Mckinnon. Oshawa is his first team GM'ing, and is the perfect match for the new youngest brother of all the other NHL clubs.

The team is going to follow the same starting schedule as the Coyotes, and will have the 7th overall pick in the NHL entry draft.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
Banned

The Oshawa Paper
A silent start to the Ravens in Off Season

The off-season is the time to develop a team. Seems that the Oshawa Ravens still don't really get how an NHL club is supposed to work. The draft came and went, and the only signings were the players that Oshawa drafted. Ever since then there have been no trades, or trade offers at all. Also, no free agents have been signed. We talked to the Oshawa GM Eric, and this is what he had to say.

"Our roster is full and Jason (Ravens owner) has forbade me from dropping any of our players. No room, no free agents. And as for the lack of trades, we're waiting to see how the team reacts at the beginning of the season. If the team looks like it can play well, we'll make trades as we see fit. Now get out of my office."

Eric seemed to think the case was closed, but now Oshawa residents are getting a little skeptical. Here is what one hockey fan had to say.

"There's a reason Phoenix left: they sucked. They couldn't get goals, and goaltending was pretty bad. It's the same roster. Why are you waiting? The reaction will be the same!"

Citizens have been divided on whether or not the style of the new GM, and their owner, is great. I guess we'll have to wait for the beginning of the season to find out if the team will get the chemistry Oshawa fans are hoping for.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Banned

The Oshawa Paper
Ravens roster announced

Oshawa GM Eric Mckinnon as announced the full roster of the Oshawa Ravens. The lines are as follows:

M. Boedker M. Lombardi S. Doan
T. Fedorik M. Hanzed P. Mueller
N. Dawes T. Turris E. Lisin
S. Upshall U. Fiddler P. Prucha

Z. Michalek E. Jovandaski
D. Kallinin D. Hale
J. Vandermeer K. Sauer

I. Bryzgalov
J. Labbera

Now we're just waiting for the first game of the season for the Ravens on October 3rd against the LA Kings.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

The fact that you don't have a salary cap means that if you send them to the minors there is a good chance that someone will take them off the waivers before they go to the minors so that's a good way to get rid of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #6
Banned

Now I wish I put salary cap on

I could easily restart, though. I've only played 1 game.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

No it's a good thing you don't have salary cap on.

First you go to your team roster and press X so that you go to this weird page, then you send the player you don't want anymore to the minors and theres a good chance that he will get picked up off the waivers. You have to cut the player first or else it won't let you send him to the minors.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
No it's a good thing you don't have salary cap on.

First you go to your team roster and press X so that you go to this weird page, then you send the player you don't want anymore to the minors and theres a good chance that he will get picked up off the waivers. You have to cut the player first or else it won't let you send him to the minors.
It's good that you have the salary cap off. AI can't manage salary cap in a realistic way. With the salary cap on, AI don't signed their stars, and ina couple of years you see franchise players in free agency. Leave it off... And I would keep CPU trades off as well, They are terrible... I just turned on two weeks before the trade deadline and in the draft day. But you do as you like. For me this is the most realistic way to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »