Home

~ The Historic Age ~ A Montreal Canadiens Dynasty (NHL10)

This is a discussion on ~ The Historic Age ~ A Montreal Canadiens Dynasty (NHL10) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #25
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: ~ The Historic Age ~ A Montreal Canadiens Dynasty (NHL10)

HABS LOSE GIONTA, MAKE SOME CHANGES
Tuesday, 13.10.2009 / 11:30 AM / NHL Regular Season 2010
By Dan Rosen - NHL.com Staff Writer

The Montreal Canadiens have gone to an all-time low, dropping their past game after riding to a strong 6-1-0 record from the beginning of the season, and just got a bit worse. Brian Gionta left mid-way through the first period of the game after hitting the boards awkwardly. It was revealed that he is suffering from a mild shoulder and will miss the next two weeks.

"We don't want to rush Brian back onto the ice, he has worked hard this year and deserves the rest, we have thus placed him on the injury reserve until further noticed" said General Manager Pierre Gauthier.

The Canadiens had recently placed former healthy scratch Glen Metropolit in the AHL, and due to his success down in Hamilton, decided to opt for winger Max Pacioretty, who will play on the 2nd line, shifting from left wing to right wing.

"I'm hoping I can change the game and help pickup some wins and some experience. I know I'm just a replacement for the time being, but I'm glad to be given the change to prove myself on the NHL level" Pacioretty commented.

Sergei Kostitsyn will now placed on the first line with Scott Gomez and Mike Cammaleri while Pacioretty plays on the 2nd line with Andrei Kostisyn and Tomas Plekanec. Georges Laraque moves down to the third line with Maxim Lapierre and Dominic Moore.

Brian Gionta is planned to be back on November 5th, 2009.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #26
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR

Bell Centre (October 26th, 2009)1st2nd3rdOTFinal
Montreal Canadiens00101
New York Islanders02002

@

Montreal, Quebec - The losses are getting hefty on the Montreal Canadiens record, they've lost their fourth straight game but finally ended a three game scoreless skid. Sean Bergenheim and Richard Park scored in the 2nd Period and Sergei Kostitsyn's late third period goal wasn't enough to rally the Canadiens over the Islanders.

PeriodTimeTeamScoring DetailScore
25:38Goal: Sean Bergenheim (PP)
Assists: Anton Klementiev, Bruno Gervais
1-0, Islanders
26:45Goal: Richard Park
Assists: Frans Nielsen, Roman Martinek
2-0, Islanders
35:16Goal: Sergei Kostitsyn (3)
Assists: Mike Cammaleri
2-1, Islanders

Record: 6-5-0

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #27
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

WELCOME TO THE CROSBY SHOW

Mellon Arena (October 28th, 2009)1st2nd3rdOTFinal
Montreal Canadiens10001
Pittsburgh Penguins11204

@

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Sidney Crosby has had a history of playing extra good when it comes to his boyhood team the Montreal Canadiens, and tonight was no different. Crosby put up a hat trick and an assist for a 4 points night as the Penguins defeated the Canadiens 4-1. Chris Kunitz scored the other goal for Pittsburgh while Laraque scored a fluke goal for Montreal, that was kicked in my Marc-Andre Fleury.

11:48Goal: Sidney Crosby
Assists: Jay McKee, Sergei Gonchar
1-0, Penguins
117:31Goal: Georges Laraque (2)
Assists: none
1-1 tie
23:16Goal: Chris Kunitz
Assists: Sidney Crosby
2-1, Penguins
30:48Goal: Sidney Crosby
Assists: none
3-1, Penguins
32:23Goal: Sidney Crosby
Assists: Bill Guerin, Sergei Gonchar
4-1, Penguins

Record: 6-6-0

Old 08-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #28
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

CAMMALERI'S HIGHLIGHT REEL GOAL WINS IT IN OVERTIME

United Center (October 30th, 2009)1st2nd3rdOTFinal
Montreal Canadiens00112
Chicago Blackhawks00101

@

Chicago, Illinois - The Montreal Canadiens ended the 5 game skid with an overtime winner against the Chicago Blackhawks. Dominic Moore opened scoring in the third period, but only 4 minutes later, Patrick Sharp tied it up. Mike Cammaleri pulled off a beautiful move that won the game for the Canadiens. "I saw the replay in the dressing room and I was just like 'Did I really do that?', it was a fantastic move" said Cammaleri.

311:46Goal: Dominic Moore (1)
Assists: Marc-Andre Bergeron
1-0, Canadiens
314:33Goal: Patrick Sharp
Assists: Jonathan Toews
1-1 tie
OT3:11Goal: Mike Cammaleri (6)
Assists: Marc-Andre Bergeron, Andrei Markov
2-1, Canadiens

Record: 7-6-0

Old 08-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #29
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

INJURIES PILE UP, LOSE HAMRLIK, S.KOSTITSYN
Saturday, 31.10.2009 / 2:30 PM / NHL Regular Season 2010

The Montreal Canadiens finished off the Chicago Blackhawks last night with a solid 2-1 victory thanks to Mike Cammaleri's highlight reel goal in overtime, but not without a great price to pay. The Canadiens lost defensemen Roman Hamrlik and winger Sergei Kostitsyn to injuries.

Roman Hamrlik will miss the next two weeks due to a bruised ribs after blocking a shot from defensemen Brian Campbell. Sergei Kostitsyn will also miss the next two weeks due to a strained hamstring after being hit hard by defensemen Duncan Keith. Kostitsyn and Hamrlik will now join winger Brian Gionta on the IR.

"Its hard going through this funk and now I can't even be on the ice helping the guys get through it, its not something I'm looking forward to" said winger Sergei Kostitsyn during a press conference in Montreal prior to facing rival Toronto Maple Leafs.

"Yeah, of course its hard to be injured, its even harder when its during a time skid, and it makes its just plain terrible that I get injured right before we play Toronto, and in Montreal" Roman Hamrlik commented.

The Montreal Canadiens have called up top prospect defensemen P.K. Subban and prime center Benjamin Maxwell from AHL affiliate, the Hamilton Bulldogs. Both prospects were not available for comment.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #30
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

INJURIES CAUSE HABS TO LOSE TO RIVAL LEAFS

Bell Centre (October 31th, 2009)1st2nd3rdOTFinal
Montreal Canadiens00000
Toronto Maple Leafs01102

@

Montreal, Quebec - Losing Brian Gionta, Sergei Kostitsyn and Brian Gionta aparently hurts the Canadiens chemistry, as the Canadiens looked lost on the ice, making Jaroslav Halak basically play the game on his own, in which they loss by a score of 2-0. Viktor Stalberg and Nikolai Kulemin were the scorers for Toronto. Immediately after the game, Head Coach Jacques Martin left the bench and left the arena, a stunning move that has media buzzing around.

24:24Goal: Nikolai Kulemin
Assists: Fredrik Sjostrom, Mikhail Grabovski
1-0, Maple Leafs
315:16Goal: Viktor Stalberg
Assists: Wayne Primeau, , Tyler Bozak
2-0, Maple Leafs

Record: 7-7-0

Old 08-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #31
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

Trades

Nick Schultz and Ryan Lannon

Patric Hornqvist and Steve Sullivan

Claimed Martin Gerber off waivers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #32
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

A HERO'S RETURN IN RESERVE FOR KOIVU
Saturday, 01.11.2009 / 2:30 PM / NHL Regular Season 2010

Possibly Bob Gainey's top mistake as the General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens was letting beloved team Captain Saku Koivu test the free agent waters, in which he signed with the Anaheim Ducks in the Western Conference. Today, new general manager Pierre Gauthier has finally corrected Gainey's lingering mistake.

The Finnish Wonder has been acquired along with American Hockey league prospect goaltender Michael Morrison from the Anaheim Ducks. In return, the Canadiens are sending two way center Dominic Moore and prospect goaltender Cedrick Desjardins to the Ducks.

"We needed leaders on this team, our new Captain Andrei Markov has been doing his job, but we need more players to stand up and fight against this recent skid from one of the top teams to just barely hanging onto a playoff spot" Pierre explained. "Saku did great for us before he left for Anaheim, and I'm sure he will do great again"

The 34 year old native of Turku, Finland has scored 1 goal and 8 assists, with 14 penalty minutes and a +4 plus/minus rating, while Michael Morrison hasn't gotten a start yet in the AHL for the Ducks. Neither has Cedrick Desjardins, who's been backup to Curtis Sanford, who's leading the AHL in shutouts and wins. Dominic Moore has played solid defense, and has managed to muster up a goal from the third line.

"I'm definitely excited to return to Montreal, hockey is held up to the same extent as an religion, I missed it when I went to Anaheim and I'm glad to get another chance" Saku commented on a Finnish radio show.

New Lines

Mike Cammaleri - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta (returns from injury)
Andrei Kostitsyn - Tomas Plekanec - Max Pacioretty
Sergei Kostitsyn (returns from injury) - Saku Koivu - Aaron Palushaj
Travis Moen - Maxim Lapierre - Georges Laraque

Marc-Andre Bergeron - Andrei Markov "C"
Jaroslav Spacek - Roman Hamrlik (returns from injury)
Josh Gorges - Hal Gill

Jaroslav Halak
Carey Price

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »