Home
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
OSNHL???

This is extremely radical and also very complex so I'd like to test the waters for interest before going forward with the idea.

I was thinking...now pay attention (this is complex enough, so lets not rehash things over and over due to failure to read)

In the light that many of us really seem to think its a great idea to have an online dynasty (that is played on a set schedule), I wondered how we could make that happen still only it would happen here on OS in the dynasty forums.

We would have a draft, where every player would pick a team. We obviously need 30 guys to do this and Live Gold is obviously a requirement. Those playing a role in the administration of the league would have dibs on the team of their liking. In a case where two players who were part of league operations wanted the same team, I would pick a number between one and twenty, and each person would have to PM the number to me while I would PM the answer to someone else to hold me accountable in assuring there would be no falsehood.

We would play games on the same nights as the real teams play there games. This makes this manageable as we would all play every 2-3 days according to the real NHL schedule.

The day prior to a game, as a GM you must contact the GM of the team you are to play the following day in order to set up a time to play the match.

To keep accountability, if a player does not show for a game, he forfeits the game and takes a loss. The other player picks up a win.

Make up games are possible only if the player who does not show reports this to the league commishioner (myself) and to the player that is planning to play them at least two hours prior to the game at hand. If you tell me, but not the other player you are scheduled to play against, you still get a loss.

Before we even consider rolling the ball on this, I definitely wanna 'get it out there' that if there is a massive amount of flakingthe league will never last and is nothing but a pipe dream.

Some may say this is unrealistic and I wonder if they are right, however NHL teams only play every two or three days...this isn't asking for all of your time, is it??? Also, we have many talented franchise writers who could make this very addicting.

After a game is played, a game report must be filed on the main thread. One player must do a report from the game including the score of the game and the scoring summary. Honestly, a little effort would be applauded if it could be made to look good.

Now here is where I both need some help and would like to have some people offer their help with the league.

We need ideas for how stat tracking will be done??? Will each player be responsible for tracking the stats of their own team???

Because of the possible difficulty in studying the league in one thread, would it be better if every player were required to start their own team thread??? So there would be a main league thread and a thread for each franchise???

My brain hurts...thoughts???

Last edited by onlybygrace; 08-06-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Re: OSNHL???

This would all take place in dynasty section obviously...
Old 08-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

GEERRR if I had xbox live I would like most definitely have enough time for this. Curse paying and having dial up.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLemieux
GEERRR if I had xbox live I would like most definitely have enough time for this. Curse paying and having dial up.
Sorry man...

Anyways...I was just thinking how the day before a game, you could study a players team page and learn their tendencies such as who is hot or not and who is getting the ice time and shots. In other words, learn to prepare to shut down the players the next players leans on the most.

Ahh...this could rock.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Why you sorry? It's not like it's your fault my family chose to live in the area between 2 towns that didn't have high speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #6
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLemieux
Why you sorry? It's not like it's your fault my family chose to live in the area between 2 towns that didn't have high speed.
'Sorry' in the sense that I wish you could play.

Anyways...this is obviously an Xbox 360 League...sorry for not stating that more clearly until now.

The draft for teams would be pretty simple actually. I'll explain later.

Oh yes...the Draft will take place on August 15th, 2010 when at exactly 12:00 A.M. you may draft your team. I, being commishioner and league founder have sole custody of the St. Louis Blues.

There are 29 other NHL teams available at this moment. Which one will be yours?

This is a living league...since we may be only able to actual NHL rosters during online play according to the most recent Roster Update

You play a game the same night the actual NHL plays their games. We'll hash out the details in the coming weeks.

Last edited by onlybygrace; 08-06-2010 at 02:40 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #7
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Also...this is in no way an attempt to undermind NHL 11 Ultimate Team Dynasty which is a pretty amazing feature. I'll definitely give it a shot.

This is free and if anything stirs more traffic here at OS and more hype for NHL 11 while cultivating passion for innovative and dynamic 'franchising' among those who share the...passion...

This is only for the dedicated, obviously. So if you see yourself not commiting to this, please don't apply. I'm lookin for a few (well, thirty) good men.

This thing will either sink or swim on its own...and its user driven to the core. No money...just passion.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #8
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't have enough time to do this, but I will follow and see how each team does.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »