Home

Vipers2k9 - Return to No Limits Hockey, A Redwings Be-A-GM Dynasty

This is a discussion on Vipers2k9 - Return to No Limits Hockey, A Redwings Be-A-GM Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
Pro

Vipers2k9's Arena

OVR: 11
Vipers2k9 - Return to No Limits Hockey, A Redwings Be-A-GM Dynasty

It's Coming back!! Just picked up my copy of NHL 11 on PS3 and have to say the game is AWESOME!! Testing out last year's sliders right now to see if they still work. First game done and I won 6-3 over Phoenix after trailing 3-1 in the second. Just need to make sure about the shot totals but looks like I will run with last years sliders again this year. once I am sure I will post everything and start the dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Vipers2k9 - Return to No Limits Hockey, A Redwings Be-A-GM Dynasty

Can't wait!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

I've been a Wings fan for my short 15 year life, what I'm trying to say is... I can't wait man!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Pro

Vipers2k9's Arena

Just getting started with the off-season stuff

Old 09-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
Pro

Vipers2k9's Arena

Gonna work on putting Maltby on the wings roster today and play the game against Pittsburgh in Play Now mode since Pre-Season in GM mode is only 4 games instead of 8 and Modono is not in the game yet. I wish EA would get that roster update out. Anyways just like last year. Pre-Season starts tonight for the wings and the kick-offs to my dynasty as well. Here's something to start it off with.....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
Pro

Vipers2k9's Arena

WINGS READY TO LAUNCH PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE.

DETROIT, MI - The Detroit Red Wings finished up practice today at the Joe Louis Arena and have boarded their private jet to Pittsburgh where they will kick off the 2010 - 2011 pre-season schedule against the Pittsburgh Penguins at the brand new Consol Energy Center.

The Red Wings are still in the hunt to pick up a couple of people before the season is ready to start. The Red Wings have been in talks to bring back both left winger Kirk Maltby and Center Yuri Huddler and say that both men should sign any day now. The Wings have also brought in someone who they feel will help the team in many ways to practice with the teams in hopes of signing him and that is free agent Mike Modono formerly of the Dallas Stars.

The Wings have also decided to let Jimmy Howard start tonight's game in Pittsburgh while Chris Osgood will get in between the pipes on Friday Night against the Chicago Blackhawks for the Wings pre-season home opener.

The puck drops between the Wings and Penguins at 7:00 pm tonight.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
Pro

Vipers2k9's Arena

5 AT 4 OTF

PITTSBURGH, PA - Brian Rafalski scored the game winning goal just a minute and two seconds into the overtime period to give the Red Wings a 5-4 win at the Consol Energy Center last night.

Pittsburgh came out hot as left winger Ruslan Fedotenko score the games first two goals just 00:34 seconds apart in the first period to give the Penguins a 2 - 0 lead early. The Red Wings would counter after Penguins Chris Kuntz went to the box for elbowing at 11:23 with a power play goal off the stick of Defensemen Niklas Kronwall to make it 2 - 1 after the first period.

In the second the Wings wasted no time in tying the game up at 2 - 2 when Brian Rafalski scored his first the pre-season with the assist of Henrik Zetterberg and Valtteri Filppula at the 1:17 mark of the period. Pittsburgh came back with a goal of their own when Craig Adams deflected one past goalie Jimmy Howard to give the Penguins the lead back at 3 - 2 going into the third period.

The Wings would again tie the game up in the third when Brian Rafalski scored his second of the game at 12:55 of the period to make it a 3 - 3 game. The game looked like it would go to overtime until Todd Bertuzzi fed Nicklas Lidstorm on a pass that Lidstorm fired up top to give the Wings what looked like a 4 - 3 victory with 37.5 seconds left in regulation. The Penguins had other plans though as they got the puck deep into the Wings zone and Chris Kuntz came for the side of the net with a spin move and scored just 0:08 seconds later to tie the game at 4 - 4 and send it to overtime.

The Wings were about to go on the power play while during a delayed called and the Wings in the midst of a line change Brian Rafalski fired a shot from the blue line and whipped past Marc-Andre Fluery in to the back of the net to give the wings at 5 - 4 win in overtime.

The Wings now head back home to face off with the Chicago Blackhawks for back to back games starting Friday night at the Joe Louis Arena.

NHL Scoreboard - Detroit Red Wings (1-0-0-0) at Pittsburgh Penguins (0-0-1-0)
September 22, 2010123OTF
Detroit Red Wings11215
Pittsburgh Penguins21104
Three Stars
#26 - Brian Rafalski - D
Hat-Trick
#26 - Ruslan Fedotendo - LW
2 Goals
#40 - Henrik Zetterberg - LW
3 Assists
Team Stats Comparison
DETPIT
Shots on Goal3515
Hits66
Faceoffs Won-Lost27/4215/42
Penalty Minutes2:006:00
Power Plays Converted10
Total Power Plays31
Time on Attack11:453:36
Scoring Summary
First Period Scoring
PITRuslan Fedotenko (1) Unassisted EV 1:42
PITRuslan Fedotenko (2) E. Malkin (1), A. Ponikarovsky (1) EV 2:16
DETNiklas Kronwall (1) H. Zetterberg (1) PP 12:56
Second Period Scoring
DETBrian Rafalski (1) H. Zetterberg (2), V. Filppula (1) EV 1:17
PITCraig Adams (1) A. Goligoski (1), P. Dupuis (1) EV 10:44
Third Period Scoring
DETBrian Rafalski (2) J. Franzen (1), K. Draper (1) EV 12:55
DETNicklas Lidstrom (1) T. Bertuzzi (1), J. Abdelkader (1) EV 19:23
PITChris Kuntz (1) B. Orpik (1), S. Crosby (1) EV 19:31
Overtime Scoring
DETBrian Rafalski (3) H. Zetterberg (3), V. Filppula (2) EV 1:02
Old 09-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5

Funny to see your first pre-season game with the actual starters, but ouch at 15 shots on goals. That must improve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »