Home

NHL 11 GM summit

This is a discussion on NHL 11 GM summit within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 11 GM summit

So I just couldn't do it guys. I cant play using a left handed player (sorry lefties of the world). So I had to trade hedman away. heres what I managed to put together!

Trade:
G J.S Giguere (BUT) D Victor. Hedman (TWD) 2011 4th (TOR) 2011 5th (TOR) 2011 6th (ANA)
To Montreal for:
P.K Subban (TWD) G Carey. Price (BUT)
Stats:
Giguere 84 OVR 1 year @ 6M Remaining C/C/C POT
Hedman 82 OVR 2 years @ 1.325M remaining A-/A-/A- POT
Subban 83 OVR 2 years @ 875K remaining A-/B/B- POT
Price 83 OVR 3 years @ 5.245M remaining A-/B/B POT
Comments:
I didn't want to trade hedman, but I just couldnt use the lefty to play. So I exhanged him for a somewhat lower profile but still high rated prospect D which is right handed. Also upgrading my goal tending by a large margin for the future.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #10
Rookie

10 game update

5-5-0
21st in the league - 19 GF - 1.90 GFPG - 20 GA - 2.00 GAPG - 3 PPG - 33.3% PP% - 4 PPA - 66.7% PK% - 1 SHGF

Lots to work on here, but the team is still developing and needs improvement. Take in mind I use a high offensive strategy so I do get cought out of position.

Scoring leaders:

Goals - There is a five way tie for goals on toronto between C E. Christensen D G. Exelby LW P. Kariya C M. Grabovski and C J. Mitchell all with 2 goals each

Assists - There is a two way tie for assists on the leafs between LW K. Versteeg and C N. Backstrom with four assists each

Points - There is a three way tie for total points between D G. Exelby C N.Backstrom and LW K. Versteeg all tied with 4 points each

Misc. stats

PIMS - D G. Exelby (8)
+/- - C J.Mitchell (+5)
PPG - C E Christensen (1) / LW P. Kariya (1)
SHG - C M. Grabovski (1)
GWG - C E. Christensen (1) / LW P. Kariya (1) / C M. Grabovski (1)
Shots - RW P. Kessel (29)
S% - C E. Christensen (28.6%) on 7 shots
FOW - C N. Backstrom (76)
FOT - C N. Backstrom (148)
FO% - C E. Christensen (63%) on 81 face offs
Hits - D G. Exelby (25)
GV - D L. Schenn (21)
TK - C N. Backstrom (30)
MIN - D F. Beauchemin (268)

Im not going to do goalies as I just traded my main. I will update this for 20 game update.

Thoughts
It's heading in the right direction. So far Phil kessel has done nothing but take stupid shots and loose the puck deking, so he has been my biggest let down so far. Kariya has been the brightest spot though the stats do not reflect that yet, he is making smart plays and taking good shots. He ranks high in all my team stats but has only played 5 games. If he stays healthy i expect him to take over. I am posting my updated lines, since I have moved some people around.

Line 1
LW (SNP) P. Kariya 82 C (PLY) N. Backstrom 89 RW (TWF) K. Versteeg 81
LD (TWD) P.K Subban 78 RD (DFD) F. Beauchemin 82

Line 2
LW (PWF) B. Guerin 82 C (PLY) M. Grabovski 82 RW (SNP) P. Kessel 84
LD (DFD) G. Exelby 80 RD (DFD) L. Schenn 81

Line 3
LW (SNP) N. Kulemin 80 C (PLY) T. Bozak 79 RW (PLY) R. Nilsson
LD (DFD) M. Jones 74 RD (DFD) B. Lebda 77

Line 4
LW (GRN) C. Armstrong C (PLY) E. Christensen 79 RW (TWF) J. Mitchell 79

Goalie
(BUT) C. Price 83
(BUT) J. Gustavsson 80

Captains
C - B. Guerin
A- N. Backstrom
A - L. Schenn

Last edited by BlueLineBomber; 09-15-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:44 AM   #11
Rookie

I ended up simming the rest of the season. below is a recap of events. I will be playing the entire next season so wish me luck!. (come on free agency I need some top 6!)

2011 Trade deadline
Trade:
C M. Grabovski 2011 7th (ANA)
To NYR for:
LW D Brashear 2011 1st (NYR)
Stats:
Grabovski
Brashear
Comments:
I wanted a first round pick since I didn't have one, and also wanted to ship grabovski out, so win win for me. Also brashear will be gone in the off season. Easily done.

Trade:
2011 1st (NYR) 2011 2nd (TB)
To DAL for
2011 1st (DAL)
Comments:
Moving up in the draft. Dallas has a lottery pick, which is now mine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #12
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

Lots of moves I see

Moving Grabovski is intriguing, seeing how he's always been a money player for most people who play with him, but you do have Bozak to fill the second line center void, and you can call-up anyone to take over the third-fourth line spot.

Nice bit of trading. Surprised you traded Hedman, but Subban is a beast, and also sheeding Giguere for Price is a win/win.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #13
Rookie

Sorry for the delay in updating this thread, but I ran into a bit of a wall. I have been playing with sliders alot, I simmed the rest of my season as I said above and I was dominating season 2 opening with a 30-0-2 record. I started tweaking at about 10 back to back wins and could never find anything suitable. I have decided to delete the file as everything is skewed so badly that I cant play it anymore.

I did find OBG's sliders on here though and am happy to say they work wonderfully (thank you OBG) so I restarted my leafs BAGM with his slider set and I will begin posting updates again now.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #14
Rookie

So with a new file comes a new game plan.

Season outlook: I hope to play 500 hockey but I doubt that will happen, so im looking at a 30-35 win season. I will not offer trades to any club in the game this season only. I will respond to trades offered to me only, and only with the teams that offer. I will use my trading block, and rotate players on it, to see if any league intrest is attracted.

If a trade request is submitted to me I will over view it, and if acceptable I will accept. I will make changes (that I believe to be fair) if there are other roster players on the team that contacted me that hold higher intrest to me. This leaves me essentially stuck with a vastly overpaid defence and goaltender, with very little offensive punch.

I will be leaving kadri and any drafted prospects/free agents in the minors for this season to develop. in season 2 I will look at moving players out that remain (I am hoping to get a decent offer for kaberle) and continue with a long term youth build, depending on using my farm system and smart drafting to build, rather then trading. I am unsure if this will result in me moving players for alot of picks and stock piling youth, or trading for budding prospects. I am also using authentic draft position so im out of a 1st round pick for the next two seasons.

So far I have advanced to the first game of the regular season (I simmed the pre season since I will not be calling anyone up to the NHL)

here are my moves to date:

Trade:
D Brett Lebda (DFD)
To PHO for:
LW Brett Maclean (SNP)
Stats:
Lebda 77 OVR 3 years remaining @ 1.45M C/C/C POT 28 years old
Maclean 76 OVR 2 years remaining @ 900K B-/C/C POT 21 years old
Comments:
This was my only trade offer in the first round of the draft and it fits to what I am aiming to do perfectly. Moved out some of my D assets to bring in a younger scoring (hopefully) forward. I actually dont mind Lebda in the game, he has decent mobility and is solid enough, but it fit what I am trying to do, sorry brett enjoy phoenix.

Trade:
RW Fredrik Sjostrom (GRN) Colton Orr (TGH)
To NYI for:
D Calvin De Haan
Stats:
Sjostrom 78 OVR 1 year remaining @ 750K C/C/C POT 27 years old
Orr 77 OVR 3 years remaining @ 1M C/C/C POT 28 years old
De Haan 69 OVR 4 years remaining @ 900k B/B/B POT 19 years old
Comments:
This was my only offer in the second round of drafting, and New york offered me a couple really bad prospects, so I switched the two they offered (sorry I didnt record who) for De Haan. Prefect for me, as I will be rebuilding my entire D core in the next couple of seasons. I dont know why De Haan has 4 years on his entry level contract though, found that weird.

those were my only draft offers tabled. After the draft I continued on to release a bunch of players that were due for contract renewal.

Release:
C Christian Hanson (TWF) 75 OVR 24 years old B-/C/C POT
Comments:
I was going to keep him but I noticed in my last BAGM there were alot of highly touted prospect available in the first free agent list. Hopefully doing this will allow me to get a couple!

Release:
RW Kyle Rogers (GRN) 72 OVR 25 years old C/C/C POT
Comments:
I have enough role players and bottom 6 forwards

Release:
RW Ben Ondrus (GRN) 73 OVR 28 years old C/C/C POT
Comments:

Release:
RW Andre Deveaux (TGH) 75 OVR 26 years old C/C/C POT
Comments:

Release:
D Mike Van Ryn (TWD) 79 OVR 31 years old C/C/C POT
Comments:
He is injured IRL anyways and doesnt fit my club outlook. Bye Mike!

Release:
D Phil Oreskovic (DFD) 74 OVR 23 years old C/B-/C POT
Comments:
I was going to keep him around for a nother year or two to shore up the marlies D but I decided to let him go, I feel there are enough younger free agent D men available that I can replace him quickly and easily if needed.

Release:
D Garnett Exelby (DFD) 80 OVR 28 years old C/C/C POT
Comments:
I kept Garnett last time but I wanted to head in a new direction, plus since I will not be offering trades I imagine most of my D core will remain stable untill the trade deadline, thus having no space for him anyways. Sorry bud.

So after Scouring though my contracts list and releasing this bunch of guys I headed into the free agent list to see what was available, and holy CRAP! is all I can say, I hit a goldmine.

First I looked at my draftees and only resigned my third and 5th round picks.

Sign:
RW Zach Kassian 3 years @ 740K (3rd round)
69 OVR (PWF) B-/B-/B- POT 19 yers old
Comments:
He will remain in junior and the hopefully jump into my second line when he hits the marlies

Sign:
RW Nikolai Suglabov 3 Years @ 580K (5th round)
63 OVR (SNP) B/C/B- POT 19 years old
Comments:
He will remain in juniors and maybe sneak into the third line next year, hopefully adding some socring pop the the marlies.

Sign:
G Calvin Pickard 3 years @ 500K
68 OVR (HYB) A-/B/B POT 18 years old
Comments:
I have no goaltending depth, he will remain in juniors and hopefully take over the marlies in two years, and who knows be nhl ready by 21-22 years old

Sign:
G Scott Wedgewood 3 years @ 500K
58 OVR (HYB) A/B-/B POT 17 years old
Comments:
Another nice find, he will sit in juniors and hopefully take over the marlies right after Calvin moves on. I Only have Calvin as my other goalie prospect in the works, so having depth is nice!

Sign:
D Brandon Gormley 3 years @ 650K
69 OVR (TWD) B/B/B POT 18 years old
Comments:
Are you kidding me? MINE! I will leave him in the minors for this year, but he maybe an earlie call up in 2011 depending how my D core looks. What a nice treat sitting in free agency!

Sign:
C Jeff Skinner 3 years @ 650K
68 OVR (SNP) B/B/B POT 18 years old
Comments:
Another gem, this is Nazim Kadri a year ago, I will leave him in juniors and let him develop, I see him playing wing instead of center, but hey I don't know what my roster will be in a year or two now do I?

Sign:
LW Magnus Paajarvi 3 years @ 900k
68 OVR (PWF) B/B/B POT 19 years old
Comments:
He will hopefully be dominating the OHL with the marlies this year! was so happy to see him in free agents, this kid will be a beast soon. I think he was only asking 650 k but I maxed him anyways, I wanted him to accept!

Sign:
RW Austin Watson 3 years @ 650K
67 OVR (TWF) B/B/B POT 18 years old
Comments:
Poor CPU logic/coding contiues to leave me gifts! the marlies should dominate in a year or so. for now Austin will remain in juniors.

Sign:
D Sawyer Hannay 3 years @ 650K
64 OVR (TGH) B-/A/B- POT 17 years old
Comments:
LOL! I cant wait to see this kid play some physical crush you then pummel you into bloody pulp hockey. adding some nice grit into the line up in a couple years

Sign:
LW Nino Niederreiter 3 years @ 750K
71 OVR (SNP) A-/B-/B- POT 18 years old
Comments:
Say hello to my future scoring left wing! Nino is he closest to being NHL ready beyond Paajarvi, and he will see the NHL next year if he develops well this year in junior.

I was offered one trade the the entire free agent period up untill the first day of the season that I found intrest in.

Trade:
D Luke Schenn (DFD)
To PHO for:
C Kyle Turris (PLY)
Stats:
Schenn 81 OVR 1 year @ 875K B-/B/B POT 20 years old
Turris 77 OVR 1 year @ 900K A-/B/B POT 21 years old
Comments:
I consider this a pretty even trade given the needs of both teams. Phoenix wanted defense, I wanted offense, both high end prospects involved, similar wages and term, similar age. I had intended on building my D core around schenn, but seeing as how in my last BAGM I had to sign him to a 5M contract, and the added bonus of picking up Gormley and Hannay in free agency, I decided grabbing my future 1/2 center would indeed be a good move. He will see time this year on my third line as C and sit on my second PP as a wing. Good luck to you Luke, I didn't want to see you go, but this made hockey sense,

Last edited by BlueLineBomber; 09-26-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #15
Rookie

These will be my opening day lines. I dont expect a hell of alot from them as I said before, I intend to compete and work hard every game, making them pay for every inch of ice, but I only expect a 30-35 win season this year. as before I always position lock LD so expect to see the left side to be higher in scoring than normal, I have a very offensive mind set (go go sadistic comments), and I know how to play D very well on both sides of the puck. Expect to see my offensive defensemen on the left through this entire chise.

Line one
LW (TWF) K. Versteeg (81) C (PLY) M. grabovski (82) RW (SNP) P. Kessel (84)
LD (TWD) T. Kaberle (83) RD (DFD) M. Komisarek (84)

Line two
LW (SNP) N. Kulemin (80) C (PLY) T. Bozak (79) RW (GRN) C. Armstrong (81)
LD (TWD) D. Phaneuf (84) RD (TWD) F. Beauchemin (82)

Line three
LW (SNP) B. Maclean (76) C (PLY) K. Turris (77) RW (GRN) M. Brown (77)
LD (TWD) C. Gunnarsson (77) RD (DFD) M. Jones (74)

Line four
LW (PLY) T. Brent (74) C (TWF) J. Mitchell (79) RW (TGH) J. Rosehill (74)

Captains:
(C) Dion Phaneuf
(A) Phil Kessel
(A) Thomas Kaberle

Im going to keep track of player ratings at the beginning of each season (first game). But I only will record players that I feel are note worthy in some regard.

(C) Bozak: 79
(C) Turris: 77
(C) Kadri: 70
(C) Skinner: 68
(LW) Neiderreiter: 71
(LW) Paajarvi: 68
(LW) Versteeg: 81
(RW) Kessel: 84
(RW) Kassian: 69
(RW) Watson: 67
(RW) Suglabov: 63
(D) Phaneuf: 84
(D) Aulie: 75
(D) Gormley: 69
(D) De Haan: 69
(D) Hannay: 64
(G) Pickard: 68
(G) Wedgewood: 58

Well guys, wish me luck, I hope to be playing games by atleast monday. Feel free to leave any questions or comments, and add in your own BAGM moves!

Last edited by BlueLineBomber; 09-26-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #16
Rookie

Alright guys got a few updates to post

RW Mike Brown (77) is out for 9 weeks with a broken leg (Dion hit him with a slap shot) Brown had 1 goal and was a +1 in 5 games

I called up RW Brayden Irwin (74) who has 3 goales 2 assist and a -3 in 7 games for the marlies He will replace brown on the thirds line untill brown is healthy again.

Trade:
D Thomas Kaberle (TWD) 2011 6th (ANA) and the rights to Jonas Frogren (DFD)
To NJ for:
LW Zach Parise (SNP)
Stats:
Kaberle 83 OVR 1 year @ 4.25M remaining C/C/C POT 32 years old
Frogren 75 OVR C/C/C POT 30 years old
Parise 89 OVR 1 year @ 2.85M remaining B-/C/C POT 26 years old
Comments:
Perfect. Kaberle has been underperforming and I need top 6 forwards, frogren is useless and ill never offer him a contract anyways.

Since I had to shufle people around due to pathetic performances on ice, injuries and trading here is my updated lines after 10 games played;

Line one
LW (SNP) Z. Parise (89) C (PLY) M. grabovski (82) RW (TWF) K. Versteeg (81)
LD (TWD) D. Phaneuf (84) RD (DFD) M. Komisarek (84)

Line two
LW (SNP) N. Kulemin (80) C (PLY) T. Bozak (79) RW (GRN) P. Kessel (84)
LD (TWD) F. Beauchemin (82) RD (DFD) M. Jones (74)

Line three
LW (SNP) B. Maclean (76) C (PLY) K. Turris (77) RW (GRN) C. Armstrong (81)
LD (TWD) C. Gunnarsson (77) RD (DFD) D. Richmond (73)

Line four
LW (PLY) T. Brent (74) C (TWF) J. Mitchell (79) RW (TGH) J. Rosehill (74)

Captains:
(C) Dion Phaneuf
(A) Phil Kessel
(A) Zach Parise

So Gustavsson will be starting for the next few games since Giguere only wants to clear the puck over the glass every game he plays in. Sadly in 10 games he had 8 penalty minutes, every single one is delay of game for clearing over the glass. Have a seat Jean.

Up next will be my 10 game recap and outlook/impressions

Last edited by BlueLineBomber; 09-29-2010 at 10:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »