Home

Back In Black - A Los Angeles Kings NHL11 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Back In Black - A Los Angeles Kings NHL11 Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
Back In Black - A Los Angeles Kings NHL11 Dynasty

(An LA Kings NHL11 Dynasty)

Brown & Co Ready For Preseason
Roger Handlebar
September 17, 2010

Los Angeles, CA -- With the off-season being only a memory and their first game of the preseason versus Phoenix just days away, Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown took some time out after practice to speak to the media.

"We're just excited to get back on the ice again and get into game situations so that we can get our skills up to game speed for the regular season. The last few years a lot of the guys; Kopi, myself, Matt Greene and others have been coming back earlier in the summer to get into the gym and do some light training and get on the rink a bit to get used to the feel of the ice again so we can be ready for camp."

When asked about last year's return to the post season and subsequent exit at the hands of the Vancouver Canucks the Kings captain had this to say,

"it was great to make it back to the playoffs after missing out the past few years and to get to play those games in front of our hometown fans was special but we're not satisfied with playing six playoff games. You always want to improve and try to get to that next level and that's what we want to do. Going into this season I don't think we can be looked at as an underdog anymore and we know the other 29 teams won't be taking us lightly so we have to be ready to show up and play every night."

Finally, Brown spoke about the Kings' newest acquisitions, Alexei Ponikarovsky and Willie Mitchell as well as the departure of long-time Kings' Alexander Frolov and Sean O'Donnell.

"It's tough. You're around these guys for ten months out of the year. You develop relationships with the guys at and away from the rink and you get to know their families so it's tough to see them go but at the same time you want them to do well."

"Mitch and Poni, they're great hockey players. I don't think that Willie's reputation for playing really good defensive, hard-nosed hockey is any type of secret and we're definitely excited to have him here. He and Alex (Ponikarovsky) are both big guys that can play a physical game. Poni definitely has a nose for the net and will be counted on to score some points for us like he has for Toronto and Pittsburgh in the past."

The Los Angeles Kings open their Preseason on Monday, September 20th at 7:00PM vs the Phoenix Coyotes at Staples Center. Speaking to Kings Head Coach Terry Murray he said he has an idea of where he wants his players to play but has yet to make a formal line-up.

Last edited by Red71Star; 09-13-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Back In Black - A Los Angeles Kings NHL11 Dynasty

Staples
(An LA Kings NHL11 Dynasty)

Coach Murray Sets Line-Up For Meeting with 'Yotes
Roger Handlebar
September 20, 2010

Los Angeles, CA -- Kings' Head Coach Terry Murray has released his line-up for tonight's preseason game versus the Phoenix Coyotes. He will ice a team that for the most part looks to be a regular season roster with the exception of rookie winger Brandon Kozun who will play on the 4th line alongside Brad Richardson and Richard Clune.

Los Angeles Kings - 2010 Depth Chart
Starter2nd3rd4th5th
LWR. SmythS. ParseA. PonikarovskyR. Clune
CA. KopitarJ. StollM. HandzusB. Richardson
RWJ. WilliamsD. BrownW. SimmondsB. Kozun
DEF 1W. MitchellJ. JohnsonT. Hickey
DEF 2D. DoughtyR. ScuderiM. Greene
GJ. QuickE. Ersberg

Thomas Hickey is almost a sure bet to make the Kings opening night roster, while Kozun who is an extremely talented player is his own right could still be a year or two away from cracking the Kings' roster. Kozun was drafted in the 6th round (179th overall) by the Kings during the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He played four season for the WHL's Calgary Hitmen totaling 92 goals and 270 points over 217 games and winning the Bob Clarke trophy in 2009-10 as the leagues top scorer with 107 points.

When asked why he only decided to play Hickey and Kozun, Terry Murray was quoted as saying,

"you don't want to throw too many new guys into the mix all at once. Yes we still have a lot of players we'd like to get a look at but we want to inject them into the line-up a few at a time during the preseason so we can really get a good look at them playing at game speed."

As far as other Kings' prospects that are bound to get a look before the preseason ends are Russians Andrei Loktionov and Viatcheslav Voynov; Corey Elkins, Hickey's WJC teammate Colten Teubert, Trevor Lewis, and tough guy Kevin Westgarth. Brayden Schenn has been sidelined due to a nagging knee injury and it is unknown whether or not he will be ready for action before the preseason ends.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5

Holy **** I love the HTML and the layout. Good writing as well, and a nice banner to top it off.

Can't wait for this to get started.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroWorship
Holy **** I love the HTML and the layout. Good writing as well, and a nice banner to top it off.

Can't wait for this to get started.
Ty. I'm gonna keep it pretty simple. Box Scores with a few paragraphs for each game. Also gonna have things like Waiver Wire, Transactions and stats.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Decided to move my Dynasty to DM. Easier to do everything when I have a landing page. Link is in my Signature.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »