Home

NYI - Vying for greatness (NHL 11 BAGM)

This is a discussion on NYI - Vying for greatness (NHL 11 BAGM) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NYI - Vying for greatness (NHL 11 BAGM)

Thanks for tuning in Islanders fans, here is our 5 game report

First I will begin with injuries.

Boris Valabik broke his leg while blocking a shot during the Flyers game, amazingly enough Valabik finished his shift before going to the dressing room. Islanders have called up OFD Steve Pratt to fill a hole on the third pairing. Pratt has one goal and one assist in two games so far. Valabik is expected to be out for 4 weeks.

Steven Stamkos took a shot to his left leg in the offensive zone, shattering a bone in his leg Stamkos will be out for the next 4 weeks. Tavares will take over as top line center. Islanders have called up Tough guy Joel Rechlicz to eat up 4th line minutes until stammer can heal up and return to the line up.

Past 5 games:
2-2-1
4-3 loss to the Flyers
3-2 win over the Bruins
7-2 loss to Buffalo
3-2 win over the Flyers
2-1 OT loss to the Penguins

Next 5 games:
Thrashers @ Islanders
Florida @ Islanders
Florida @ Islanders
Caps @ Islanders
Islanders @ Devils

Islanders team report
2-2-1
Wins: 2 (7th)
Losses: 2 (22md)
OT losses: 1 (6th)
Goals for: 12 (24th)
GFPG: 2.40 (22nd)
Goals against: 17 (12th)
GAPG: 3.40 (10th)
Power play goals: 3 (24th)
Power play %: 9.7% (27th)
Penalty Kill %: 71.4% (26th)

Team leaders:
Islanders Stats - 2011
SkatersGPGAPTS+/-ATOIPIMSOGSPCT
Vaclav Prospal5336+316:0001717.6%
Bobby Ryan5235+217:4021216.7%
Drew Doughty5123-323:408137.7%
Steve Pratt2123+18:400128.3%
Milan Hejduk5213+39:550825%
John Tavares5112-219:400128.3%
Willie Mitchell5112-523:004250%
Zach Parise5011-119:002110%
Rob Schremp5011-212:40050%
Steven Stamkos4101-117:504616.7%
Steve Sullivan5011-214:202110%
Boris Valabik3011+215:00210%
Ed Jovanovski5011+124:20460%
GoaliesGPWLTGAATOISVSV%SHO
Carey Price42203.872179487.0%0
Mathieu Garon20102.25803391.7%0

Rookie watch:

D Steve Pratt has 1 goal 2 assists and 3 points in 2 games. 0 penalty minutes and a +1 rating.

D Mikael Osterberg has 0 goals 2 assists and 2 points in 4 games. 4 penalty minutes and a +1 rating.

NHL Leaders (skater)

NHL League Leaders - Updated: Oct 16, 2011
GoalsGAssistsA
1. Marian Hossa71. Brenden Morrow7
2. Simon Gagne62. Jordan Leopold7
3. Thomas Vanek63. Victor Hedman6
4. Loui Eriksson44. Jordan Staal6
5. Teddy Purcell45. Andy Mcdonald6
PointsPTSShotsS
1. Jussi Jokinen101. Marian Hossa32
2. Brenden Morrow92. Phil Kessel28
3. Tyler Myers93. Colin Wilson28
4. Marian Hossa94. Ilya Kolvalchuk26
5. Jordan Leopold85. Marian Gaborik25
HitsHITSPenalty MinutesPIMS
1. Colin Wilson211. Jordin Tootoo32
2. David Backes212. Nathan Horton31
3. Paul Mara203. Marty Reasoner31
4. Mike Komisarek194. John Scott29
5. Matt Walker195. Ben Eager29

NHL Leaders (goalie)

NHL League Leaders - Updated: Oct 16, 2011
Games PlayedGPWinsW
1. Antti Niemi61. Mikka Kiprusoff6
2. Jonas Gustavsson62. Antti Niemi5
3. Jaroslav Halak63. Cam Ward4
4. Mikka Kiprusoff64. Micheal Leighton4
5. Ondrej Pavelec65. Niklas Backstrom4
Goals Against AverageGAASave PercentageSV%
1. Henrik Lundqvist1.221. Henrik Lundqvist95.4%
2. Mikka Kiprusoff1.332. Antti Niemi95.3%
3. Antti Niemi1.393. Mikka Kiprusoff95.3%
4. Marc Fleury1.484. Jonas Gustavsson95.3%
5. Jonas Gustavsson1.505. Marc Fleury95.1%
ShutoutsSOMinutesMINS
1. Henrik Lundqvist21. Ondrej Pavelec374
2. Jonas Gustavsson22. Pekka Rinne364
3. Micheal Leighton13. Jaroslav Halak364
4. Niklas Backstrom14. Jonas Gustavsson360
5. Antti Niemi15. Mikka Kiprusoff360

Were heading live to a press conference with GM and head coach Steve Pattenden and goaltender Carey Price.

Media: Wow, already on the second season.

Good job locking up Stamkos and Parise for awhile, and nice re-signing of Valabik. Good job poaching the Kings of Drew Doughty, and nice to see shore up your depth with some solid free agent signings.

I can see you making the playoffs in Year 2.

Pattenden: Yeah the second season of my contract came quickly. We believe that Steven and Zach are corner stone pieces of this franchise, and they also believe in our system both players were adamant they wanted to stay and Islander, it was more a matter of term.

Boris had been such a key piece of our defensive success last year, he was a staple on our blue line and I hope he continues to be so this year.

Doughty was ear marked last year and we kept an eye on his situation through out the season and off season, as deadline day approached it became clear the Kings could not afford Drew and were unwilling to make a roster move to do so, I will gladly take him.

We lacked scoring last year badly, beyond our top 5 players it fell off pretty drastically so with the addition of players like Sullivan Hedjuk Prospal and Jovanovski joining us it will make our first three units all dangerous

Media: This question is for Carey. How do you feel with your rocky start again this season? your performance has been.. lackluster at best

Price: Well for one, we are only 5 games in here. I have recently switched equipment brands and have not become totally comfortable yet, I will admit I am having trouble seeing pucks right now, but it will all fall into line soon I am sure.

Pattenden: I would also like to add that we have the utmost confidence in Carey moving forward, like all young goalies he is constantly maturing and learning.

Media: How do you feel about the loss of Stamkos and Valabik, this Earlie into the season for a long stretch.

Pattenden: It sucks. We need Stevens offense as we are again struggling to find the back of the net. Boris is a presence on the ice, he blocks shots he is physical and excellent player. Both of these guys will be missed.

In the same breath I must say that this is a chance for others to show me what they can do, its time for our deep supporting cast to step up, I am hoping Rookie Steve Pratt will continue his excellent play, thats for sure.

Media: Were you expecting more from the club?

Pattenden: Yes and no, we want to be a more aggressive team this year, I want to see the guys attack the puck, no matter where it is and we have been doing that, but it can also leave you out of position and that has happened alot recently, with some more tweaks I am sure this will iron out.

At the end of this season I would like to see us top ten in scoring and power play.

Media: Islanders special teams have been a huge non factor, what do you think is wrong Carey?

Price: Well it can be tough to nail down. I think the guys need to shoot more from higher percentage areas and the PK needs to tighten up, but so do I. We need to talk more out there and start having fun, there is alot ore pressure on us this year to win and we need to have fun with it, or it will cost us.

Thanks for your timer Islanders fans, remember to keep those questions and comments coming!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #42
Pro

Hello fellow readers, just a quick injury update to report.

LW Rob Schremp will be out for the next 4-5 weeks nursing a broken hand.

D Steve Pratt will play through a sore knee he suffered in a collision in front of the net.

D Ed Jovonovski will be playing through a sore shoulder he suffered delivering a hit.

All the above injuries occurred during the Islanders / Flyers game in which D Drew Doughty got a game misconduct for boarding, and RW Bobby Ryan played the ENTIRE third period as a defensemen. I have never seen this happen before!

Ryan was later quoted saying it was an exhausting experience but he was glad knowing coaching staff could count on him in such a way.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #43
Rookie

TMLGilmour93's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty

Hello fellow readers, just a quick injury update to report.

LW Rob Schremp will be out for the next 4-5 weeks nursing a broken hand.

D Steve Pratt will play through a sore knee he suffered in a collision in front of the net.

D Ed Jovonovski will be playing through a sore shoulder he suffered delivering a hit.

All the above injuries occurred during the Islanders / Flyers game in which D Drew Doughty got a game misconduct for boarding, and RW Bobby Ryan played the ENTIRE third period as a defensemen. I have never seen this happen before!

Ryan was later quoted saying it was an exhausting experience but he was glad knowing coaching staff could count on him in such a way.
Ouch!! Wasn't he out for a significant period last season as well? He is costing you with this injuries my friend.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:54 AM   #44
Pro

Well. My ps3 HD crapped out, so I had to go get a new one, which means of course that this save file is toast. I honestly dont have the drive to redo all my moves and restart it. Dont know if I will start a new dynasty or not. kinda bummed me out
Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 17

Craptackular is what I say.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »