Home

Old 11-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Jackets defeat Flames

GARON STANDS TALL IN WIN

(From wire reports)
COLUMBUS - Mathieu Garon made 24 saves in his first game with the Blue Jackets this season to help his team win its second straight game with a 2-1 victory over the Calgary Flames.

"It was nice to get into some game action and also play well," said Garon. "Steve (Mason) has been playing great, but everyone needs a break now and then. I know my role and I will continue to be prepared for what ever the team needs from me."

Dane Byers and Nikita Filatov scored for Columbus, who moved to 4-2-0 on the year. Olli Jokinen tallied a late goal for Calgary, Henrik Karlsson made 26 saves in net as the Flames fell to 1-5-1.

MY Game - Was demoted to the second line defense before the game (I haven't recorded a point yet), now paired with Jan Hejda. Took seven shots, had a 'plusminus' of zero and recorded a hit in just over 38 minutes of ice time. I have a overall grade of B+ so far.

Flames vs Blue Jackets
Oct 22, 2010123F
CAL (1-5-1)0011
CLB (4-2-0)1012
Three Stars
Mathieu Garon - Columbus
24 saves

Henrik Karlsson - Calgary
26 saves

Nikita Filatov - Columbus
1 goal

Team Stats Comparison
CALCLB
Shots on Goal2528
Hits146
Faceoffs Won-Lost22/2222/22
Penalty Minutes46
Power Plays Converted00
Power Play Opportunities22
Time on Attack6:207:44
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
CLBByers 1 (Boll, Brassard) 19:52
THIRD PERIOD
CLBFilatov 1 (Vermette, Nash) 19:43 (EN)
CALJokinen 2 (Giordano, Stajan) 19:51
Flames - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Karlsson (L,0-2-0)272696%1.88
Blue Jackets - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Garon (W,1-0-0)252496%1.00

Last edited by hoxltc; 11-28-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #10
Rookie

Images in posts?

I'm new to all this posting stuff. I have a question hopefully someone out there can answer for me.

I'd love to start posting images with my stories and box scores, what is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance for the help!!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Images in posts?

4-2-0, not a bad record - batting for 0.666..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #12
Rookie

Columbus gets road win at Chicago

Columbus Gets Road Win In OT

(AP photo: Fedor Tyutin)

(From Columbus Dispatch.com)

CHICAGO – Blue Jacket defensemen Fedor Tyutin's first goal of the season couldn't have come at a better time.

The Russian born Tyutin picked up a failed clearing attempt by Chicago's Dave Bolland in overtime, moved to the top of the right circle and fired a shot that deflected off Blackhawk goalie Marty Turco's sholder and into the net 1:54 into the extra period to give Columbus a 4-3 victory.

“The puck came right to me and when I looked up I had a clear path to the net,” said Tyutin of the game changing play. “We knew we needed to take advantage of extra skater. It was a long shift and they were getting tired so the key was to just get it on net. Luckily I was able to do that and the puck found its way into the net.

The game-winning tally was on the power play as Turco was assessed a delay of game penalty with 1.2 seconds left in regulation when he played the puck out of play.

The Blue Jackets (5-2-0) controlled the first two periods, at least on the scoreboard. Despite being out-shot 24-16 in the opening 40 minutes, the visitors held a 3-0 lead. Antoine Vermette scored his second goal of the season on the power play just over two minutes into the contest, with captain Rick Nash and Tyutin awarded assists. Columbus made it 2-0 minutes later as rookie Bryan Hoxsey set up Jan Hejda on the right side and Hejda was able to beat Turco high to the glove side.

“We caught them on a line change and Jan was able to find some open ice.” said Hoxsey, who picked up his second NHL point on Hejda's first score of the year. “I have been pressing too much since the start of the season, but getting on the score sheet will hopefully calm me down.”

Chicago (2-6-2) had a pair of shots ring off the post in the opening moments of the second period, however Kristian Huselius made it a three goal lead six minutes into the period by tipping a Jakub Voracek blast from in front past Turco.

“We played a solid two periods, but then we relaxed and let them back in the game,” said Columbus head coach Scott Arniel. “It was like we forgot what we had done to get us the lead. I'm happy with the road win, but not how we played in the third period.”

The hosts found the back of the net three times in the third. Troy Brouwer made it 3-1 at the 11:52 mark, then Marian Hossa cut it to a one-goal contest scoring off assists from Brent Seabrook and Patrick Sharp with 6:56 on the clock. Patrick Kane then completed the comeback with just under two minutes to play with a tip that eluded Blue Jacket goalie Steve Mason. It was Kane's fifth goal of the season.

“We finally decided to wake up there in the third,” said Chicago head coach Pat Quenneville. “Then we tied the thing up and give them a break by taking a penalty going into overtime. That's the kind of stuff that has happened all year so far for us.”

The Blue Jackets made the most of that advantage to start overtime by controlling the puck in the Chicago zone, getting off seven shots on goal, with the last being Tyutin's winner.

MY GAME - I picked up my second NHL point, what a great feeling. I had a +2 and recorded 3 shots in 31:43 of ice time.

Blue Jackets vs Blackhawks
Oct 23, 2010123OTF
CLB (5-2-0)21014
CHI (2-6-2)00303
Three Stars
Fedor Tyutin - Columbus
1 goal (GW), 1 assist

Jan Hejda - Columbus
1 goal, 1 assist

Marian Hossa - Chicago
1 goal

Team Stats Comparison
CLBCHI
Shots on Goal2932
Hits1711
Faceoffs Won-Lost24/2323/24
Penalty Minutes212
Power Plays Converted20
Power Play Opportunities61
Time on Attack7:196:33
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
CLBVermette 2 (Nash, Tyutin) 2:36 (PP)
CLBHejda 1 (Hoxsey, Voracek) 6:42
SECOND PERIOD
CLBHuselius 2 (Voracek, Hejda) 6:21
THIRD PERIOD
CHIBrouwer 2 (Toews) 11:52
CHIHossa 2 (Seabrook, Sharp) 13:04
CHIKane 5 (Exelby, Bickell) 18:10
OVERTIME
CLBTyutin 1 (unassisted) 1:54 (PP)
Blue Jackets - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Mason (W,4-2)322991%1.97
Blackhawks - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Turco (L,2-7)292586%2.40

Last edited by hoxltc; 11-29-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #13
Rookie

Winning streak ends at three

Flyers End Blue Jackets Win Streak

(Jeff Carter celebrates his second goal of the game)

(AP) COLUMBUS – The Blue Jackets saw their three-game winning streak snapped as visiting Philadelphia used third period goals from Nikolay Zherdev and Jeff Carter to leave Nationwide Arena with a 5-4 triumph.

Zherdev and Carter each had a goal and assist in the game that was scoreless after the opening period. However the second period turn into a shootout as each club scored three times with Carter scoring the first tally just 11 seconds in on a power play.

“That second period was wild, one of the craziest I've ever been involved in,” said Carter. “We didn't play that well, but we never stopped working and sometimes that is enough to put you on top. It did tonight.”

Flyer Scott Hartnell scored his eighth goal of the season two minutes later before Blue Jacket RJ Umberger cut the lead to 2-1 with a backhander off a rebound. Daniel Carcillo scored just 40 seconds later to make it 3-1 Philly, but Derick Brassard (on a 5-on-3 power play) and Kristian Huselius (one-timer) found the net for Columbus in the last five minutes of the period to make it 3-3 entering the final period.

“We knew the first five minutes of the third were going to be a key, then we let them take the lead in under a minute. We dug to deep a hole for ourselves,” said Umberger. “We just need to come out with more energy in a couple of days when we face Edmonton. We just need to put this game behind us.”

(RJ Umberger)

Zherdev gave the Flyers the lead for good at the :48 mark of the third by ripping a shot past Blue Jacket goalie Steve Mason while rookie defensemen Bryan Hoxsey in the box for tripping. Midway through the period, Carter found the back of the net for the second time in the game, this time with a rocket from the left wing and it was 5-3. Over a minute later on the power play, Antoine Vermette scored his third goal of the year to slice the disadvantage to one goal. The Blue Jackets were unable to push the tying goal past Philadelphia goalie Michael Leighton in the final minutes and the winning streak ended at three games.

“If you look at the stats you would think we won big, but the only stat that matters is on that scoreboard,” said Blue Jacket head coach Scott Arniel. “The big key I thought was that we took some really bad penalties tonight and against a team like the Flyers you can't play the majority of the game short-handed and expect to win.”

The Blue Jackets out-shot Philly 42-26 and held a 36-17 advantage in the face-off circle, while the Flyers held a slim 13-11 cushion in the hit department.

MY GAME – Picked up my third assist of the season, but also took four penalties in the game, including one at the end of the second period which led to the Flyers go-ahead goal. Took 8 shots, had a minus-2, 1 hit, in 35:28 of ice time.

Fylers vs Blue Jackets
Oct 26, 2010123F
PHI (5-2-1)0325
CLB (5-3-0)0314
Three Stars
Jeff Carter - Philadelphia
2 goals

RJ Umberger - Columbus
1 goal, 1 assist

Nikolay Zherdev - Philadelphia
1 goal, 1 assists

Team Stats Comparison
PHICLB
Shots on Goal2642
Hits1311
Faceoffs Won-Lost17/3636/17
Penalty Minutes812
Power Plays Converted22
Power Play Opportunities44
Time on Attack4:236:33
Scoring Summary
SECOND PERIOD
PHICarter 2 (Briere, Richards) :11 (PP)
PHIHartnell 8 (Coburn, Briere) 7:27
CLBUmberger 2 (Moreau, Stralman) 9:28
PHICarcillo 2 (Laperriere, O'Donnell) 10:08
CLBBrassard 1 (Hoxsey) 14:58 (PP)
CLBHuselius 3 (Voracek) 18:38
THIRD PERIOD
PHIZherdev 2 (Van Riemsdyk, Giroux) :48 (PP)
PHICarter 3 (Zherdev, Timonen) 9:31
CLBVermette 3 (Umberger) 10:40 (PP)
Fylers - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Leighton (W,2-0)423890%3.15
Blue Jackets - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Mason (L,4-3)262181%2.01

Last edited by hoxltc; 11-29-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #14
Rookie

Edmonton Powers Past Columbus

Oilers Use Power Play To
Defeat Blue Jackets

Oiler Jason Strudwick (43) looks to pass as Derick Brassard closes in

(CSNBC) – COLUMBUS – The Blue Jackets for the second straight game gave up a goal early in the third period and for the second straight game it led to a loss.

With the game tied at 1-1, Edmonton's Gilbert Brule scored on a power play just 26 seconds into the final period to help the Oilers to a 3-1 win at Nationwide Arena.

“We continue to shoot ourselves in the foot with bad penalties, especially late in periods,” said Columbus head coach Scott Arniel, whose club gave up all three Oiler goals a man down. “We came out flat and we were lucky to only be down one after the first. We need our leaders to step it up, it's early in the season still, but we are not getting the production I'd like to see from our top two lines.”

Edmonton (6-2-0) opened the scoring late in the first period on Sam Gagner's power play goal. Columbus was out-shot 20-8 in the first twenty minutes and if not for three outstanding saves from goalie Steve Mason, things could have been a lot worse.

“The last couple of games the puck hasn't bounced our way, but the guys are playing tough in front of me,” said Mason. “Our penalty kill struggled tonight, no one is going to question that. However we know we can do a better job, now we have to go out on the ice and show it.”

The Blue Jackets (5-4-0) tied the score at the 2:44 mark of the second period when rookie defensemen Bryan Hoxsey notched his first career NHL goal. Hoxsey took a feed from Nikita Filatov out of the right corner and beat Nikolai Khabibulin glove side.

“It is a mixed feeling. I'm glad I got that first one, but defensively I didn't play that well,” Hoxsey said. “I was out of position way to much and had a few chances to clear the puck when we were short and didn't get it done.”

The Oilers, who out-shot Columbus 40-28 in the game, scored the contests last goal when Alexandre Giroux lit the lamp unassisted on a man advantage with 47 seconds remaining.

Notes: The Blue Jackets are now 3-3-0 at home. Edmonton came into the game ranked 21st in the NHL on the power play, while the Blue Jackets were 25th in penalty killing. Columbus did not have a power play chance in the game.

MY GAME – Scored first NHL goal. Was a +1, took 5 shots, had 1 hit in 36:10 of ice time.

Oilers vs Blue Jackets
Oct 28, 2010123F
EDM (6-2-0)1023
CLB (5-4-0)0101
Three Stars
Nikolai Khabibulin - Edmonton
27 saves

Alexandre Giroux - Edmonton
1 goal, 1 assist

Bryan Hoxsey - Columbus
1 goal

Team Stats Comparison
EDMCLB
Shots on Goal4028
Hits1010
Faceoffs Won-Lost28/3030/28
Penalty Minutes414
Power Plays Converted30
Power Play Opportunities50
Time on Attack5:316:14
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
EDMGagner 4 (Giroux, Gilbert) 19:03 (PP)
SECOND PERIOD
CLBHoxsey 1 (Filatov) 2:44
THIRD PERIOD
EDMBrule 5 (Penner, Horcoff) :26 (PP)
EDMGiroux 3 (unassisted) 19:13 (PP)
Oilers - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Khabibulin (W,5-2)282796%2.38
Blue Jackets - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Mason (L,4-4)403793%2.47

Last edited by hoxltc; 11-30-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Edmonton Powers Past Columbus

Interesting. Beat the Champions, lose against the runner-ups, and then lose to the worst team last year, haha..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #16
Rookie

I don't get it

It's been a combination of giving up to many quality chances and not clearing the puck when we have a chance. Oh well it's a long season, but it would have been nice to keep the winning streak going a little longer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »