Home

Montreal Canadiens NHL 11 Dynasty | Bring on 25!

This is a discussion on Montreal Canadiens NHL 11 Dynasty | Bring on 25! within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
Rookie

habslover10_GoYanks's Arena

OVR: 5
Montreal Canadiens NHL 11 Dynasty | Bring on 25!

I am getting bored, so im gonna start updating my dynasty with the habs. I am 31 games into the season, and my current record is 20-7-4. i will try too keep updated and post game recaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Montreal Canadiens NHL 11 Dynasty | Bring on 25!

I want to let you guys know who i have picked up so far. So here are my lines.

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Michalek(OTT)-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Pouliot
Bozak(TOR)-Lapierre-Svatos(COL)

Subban-Markov
Robidas(DAL)-Gill
Girardi(NYR)-Gorges

Sorry for any missspellings
Old 12-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Oh yeah goalies are Price and Auld
Old 12-17-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
Rookie

NHL On TSN

We have finally hit the 30 game mark in the National Hockey League. Every team has a different story, but I am here to talk about the Montreal Canadiens.

The habs surprised everyone last season by going to the Eastern Conference finals as the #8 seed, and eliminating the #1 seeded Capitals, and the defending cup champs, the Pittsburgh Penguins. The two main pieces to the puzzle, Jaroslav Halak and Mike Cammalleri.

After the season has ended, GM Pierre Gauthier had a very tough decision to make. Keep playoff hero Jaroslav Halak, or Carey Price, who had the worst season of his career and was even booed by the habs faithful.

He decided to stick with Price, which some fans thought, doomed their dynasty for the next few years. Gauthier was fired later that month, and rookie GM Joel Gagné took his place.

He liked the look of his team going into the season, and felt they needed just a few minor changes. He picked up Stephane Robidas from Dallas, Milan Michalek from the Senators and some other minor trades here and there. The biggest decision he had, does he keep or trade Price? he decided to go with his gut, and stay with the 23 year old.

Now, 30 games into the season, that decision has worked out greatly. Price is putting up all-star numbers, while the rest of his team is performing over the standards he had set as well. The biggest surprise this season, is the play of rookie defenseman PK Subban, who is already in the race for the Norris Trophy, as well as the Calder.

Montreal currently sits second in the Eastern Conference, behind the New York Rangers. I wish the habs the best, and they expect to go even deeper than the last season.

Bob McKenzie, TSN
Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Boston 1 Montreal 6

Special Teams Propell Habs to Dominating Victory Over Bruins

Andrei Kostitsyn Celebrates his Third Goal of the Game

Last night the Montreal Canadiens faced off against the Boston Bruins. I dont think anybody expected the outcome to be this, but the thing that doomed the Bruins was the penalties. All in all, they took six of them, and Montreal converted on three. Five of Montreal's six goals were scored while the specialty team unit was on the ice. They scored three PP goals, and two SH goals. Andrei Kostitsyn led the way with a natural hat-trick, as Price wasn't tested a lot, stopping 14 of the 15 shots he faced.

Scotiabank 3 Stars

1st Star - Andrei Kostitsyn - 3g 0a

2nd Star - Mike Cammalleri - 1g 1a

3rd Star - Scott Gomez - 1g 1a
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »