Home

The Huskies are Hungry

This is a discussion on The Huskies are Hungry within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The Huskies are Hungry

June 10th, 2010

NHL Press Conference

Commissioner Gary Bettman appears in front of the crowd to make an announcement.

"Welcome media, fans, and fellow league officials. Hello to those listening on the radio or over the internet. Today is a very exciting day for some, and a very sad day for others. For today is the birth of a new NHL Franchise, and the death of another. The NHL feels that the actions taken were the right moves to make, and we are happy going forward with what we have. We have not seen a massive move like this ever before, and many of you will be in shock, and disbelief. After a long and drawn out process, the NHL, NHLPA, The Atlanta Thrashers, and Jim Ballsillie have come to reach an agreement. For one, Atlanta Owner Michael Gearon has agreed to sell the team to the NHL. Jim has also announced the purchasing of former DEL team EC Kassel Huskies. Jim has received the OK from officials to move the team to Hamilton, ON. With this move, the NHL and NHLPA is sad to announce the folding and discontinuation of the Atlanta Thrashers organization. Fans will surely be heartbroken and any ticket purchases for the upcoming season will be refunded. Prospects, and players who have played 10 games or less with the NHL roster, will be awarded to the Hamilton Huskies. Players from NHL roster for Atlanta are no longer under our contracts, they can become FA if they wish, or join up with other leagues such as the ones in Europe, or they can simply retire. We now welcome the new owner of the Hamilton Huskies, Jim Ballsillie to the microphone."

"Hello all, I am very proud to be standing here in front of you as the owner of the Hamilton Huskies. Things were not going to work out in Atlanta or Phoenix, so I made a proposal with the league, and Gearon. That was for Gearon to sell the team to the league at a lower price, for them to simply blow it up. Thus he was able to get his hands out of the pot, and as well opening a spot for me to bring in a team. To make up for the money lost by the NHL in buying the Thrashers and simply discarding the organization, we have agreed to give them a portion of our revenue for the first two seasons. For me, I payed a very significantly lower fee by purchasing the DEL Kassel Huskies, than if I had bought an NHL team, and especially if I wanted to move it. I see the situation as a win-win-win for all parties involved. Gearon gets a great deal of his money back, NHL loses money for now BUT will be receiving revenue from us, and I am able to fulfill my goal, and please a lot of hockey fans by bringing another team to Canada. General Manager and Coaches will be announced later this week after I make a few calls and speak to a few people. Thank you to all involved and thank you for coming out today to this special event, we look forward to a great 2010-2011 season for the Huskies."

Last edited by jibbles; 03-22-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
Banned

Re: The Huskies are Hungry

June 16th, 2010, Jim Ballsillie Press Conference

"Hello once again and thank you all for gathering here today. We are tremendously excited about the opportunity we have here, and I have been in contact with a lot of interesting people over the past few weeks. I can assure you this is going to be a successful organization that will soon be amongst the NHL's elite. To clear up some confusion, some players from the current Huskies team have chosen to leave and are contracted to DEL, a few players have decided to stay and will be on our roster. As you all know from Commissioner Bettman, we are receiving prospects from the Atlanta Thrashers pipeline, I am very excited about this as they had some good young talent coming up. As for how we will round out the roster, expect for us to hit the free agent market before the season starts, and maybe try to pull off some trades. Hey, why am I telling you this, when our GM should be, please give a warm welcome to the GM of the Hamilton Huskies, Stephen Jennings!"

"Thanks Jim and thank you media and fans for coming out and tuning in to this great press conference. It's very rare that you get to take over a team with a fresh slate, and you get to start from scratch. Jim and I both have big plans for the organization, and share the same vision for how we want to build the team. Literally starting from the ground up, this team will rise to the top of the NHL, this process could be long and very difficult, but we both have a passion for the game and believe this will work if we take it one step at a time. As Jim mentioned, expect us to be active in the Free Agent market and go after some young, unsigned players, as well as some veteran players that can add immediate experience to our brand new club. First and foremost will be the draft though, and we have been awarded the draft picks of the Atlanta Thrashers, meaning we have 2, count em 2 first round picks. I am very excited with the situation we have going into the draft, and shaping our team's identity will start that day. We want to have a team that is very diverse, we need to be able to skate, shoot, hit, play defense, the whole works. This means bringing in a non-monotonous group of players. We will need everything from speedy snipers to big bruisers to everything in between. We will also need stability between the pipes if we want to have success in this league. The way we want our team to be portrayed as is a team that is tough to play against. We want to have a gritty, hard working team that will wear down opposition. With that in mind, I and Jim have decided on a Head Coach for the club, we wanted a head coach that would lead by example, someone that would embody everything we represent in the organization. So without further adieu, please welcome to the floor, the new Head Coach of the Hamilton Huskies...

"Hey how's she cracking boys? Hey, thanks for coming out here today fans and reporters, this is a big day for me and a big day for the team. When Jim and Stephen called me up, asking me to be the head coach, I was happier than a pig in mud. I love the game of hockey and I'm finally able to get back into it. They told me that they want me to mould the team to play as I had. This put a big grin on me from ear to ear. We are going to be the meanest team out there and we won't take anything from anyone. We're going to be tough to play against, and even tougher to beat. Other team's forwards better look out for the deadly hip-check coming their way. All things aside, I'm glad to have the chance to do something like this, and I hope we can make this a successful venture for all those involved."

Jim Ballsillie: "Well that will be the conclusion of our press conference, we will be preparing for the draft which is in less than a week, mark that day as the day we take our first steps as a true NHL club. Your attendance is much appreciated and please continue to follow our club, thank you."

Last edited by jibbles; 03-23-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
MVP

goosedennis's Arena

OVR: 16

Vomit city @ Scott Stevens.
Then again, Vomit City has a lower crime rate...

Great read so far, looking forward to it.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosedennis
Vomit city @ Scott Stevens.
Then again, Vomit City has a lower crime rate...

Great read so far, looking forward to it.
lmfao, Idk, i just loved the way he played and wanted to keep him relevant. And thanks, looking forward to seeing how this one works out.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
MVP

goosedennis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbles
lmfao, Idk, i just loved the way he played and wanted to keep him relevant. And thanks, looking forward to seeing how this one works out.
SIGN PAUL KARIYA!!!!!!!!! :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosedennis
SIGN PAUL KARIYA!!!!!!!!! :P
haha, i am very tempted to yes.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
Banned

*BIG NOTE already past this stage in the actual game, for some stupid reason the game decided to "fix my contracts", I suppose because i had over 40 mil in cap space (LOL). I signed these players for a lot cheaper than the CPU has altered, in some cases a difference of almost 2 million dollars. Anyway, the CPU has brought my cap down to 10 million, eh, whatever I guess, so the contracts I list down here will be the new CPU Modified ones, don't be startled when I give u the numbers*

September 10th, 2010

GM Jennings calls a press conference

"Thank you once again for gathering here today. The NHL entry draft has come and gone and so has the re-sign and free agent signing phases. I'm sure you have seen our progress on the TV, or online, or wherever this stuff goes now adays. But I wanted to formally recap our moves, as well as provide you a depth chart as the pre season is set to begin in just over a week. We will be trying out a lot of guys during the pre season to see how our team will look come October first, but the depth chart is what we expect to be our starters. But first, here is a draft recap from our first ever NHL entry draft":

Round 1

D Matt Ashman 62 OVR 6'0 187lbs DFD A-/B/B Pot
D Chad Lowry 58 OVR 6'0 195lbs DFD A-/C/B Pot

Round 2

LW Dwight Cavanagh 60 OVR 6'1 190lbs PLY B-/B-/A Pot

Round 3

D Gabriel O'Connor 66 OVR 6'3 210lbs DFD C/B/B Pot

Round 4

D Fredrik Styrman 67 OVR 5'11 175lbs OFD B-/B/B- Pot

Round 5

C Doug Janik 63 OVR 6'4 235lbs PWF C/B-/B Pot

Round 6

LW Manuel Holenstein 58 OVR 5'11 175lbs PLY B-/B-/B- Pot

Round 7

LW Carl Gelinas 62 OVR 5'11 170lbs SNP B-/B-/B- Pot

"We really like the draft class we took out of here this year. Definitely going to set up a strong and healthy franchise for years to come. We touched on it before but I will refresh it for everyone, we are looking for a good mix of toughness and grit, as well as speed and finesse. We were able to bring in a great variety of players that fall under both those categories respectively, and some fall under both. Very pleased to have two d-man in the first round, and I can tell you who is more happy and that is head coach Scott Stevens, he looks forward to moulding these guys into war machines. All these rookies have received entry level contracts and we look forward to seeing their careers prosper under our wings.....Next up was the re-sign phase, this is where we signed our rookies, and not having a lot of players on the roster, we kept a few guys that made it vocal about wanting to stay, and released the rest. Not a very busy resign phase for us. But what was busy was our free agent phase, here is where we made our major maneuvers."

Sign G Cristobal Huet 82 OVR C Pot to a 3 year deal @ 2.36M a year

"Cristobal is a guy who is going to come in for our inaugural season, and perhaps a few more, and be a solid guy for us between the pipes. We are counting on Huet to be a leader of the team and lead by example. We will need stable goaltending in order to get our feet under us and build as a successful team, really glad to have Cristobal in our line-up."

Sign RW Evgeny Artyukhin 81 OVR C Pot to a 3 year deal @ 2.24M a year

"Talk about a workhorse, a real blue collar guy, that is Evgeny. You know what you are going to get night in and night out, and that is grit, physical play, and defensive minded hockey. He's a guy that's played in the league so he can bring some experience to the line up. Arty will play a key role in our success as a team."

Sign RW Robert Nilsson 80 OVR C Pot to a 4 year deal @ 2.6M a year

"When we talk about bringing in quick, shifty, capable forwards, this is what we are talking about. Nilsson is a guy that can skate, pass, and shoot very well and still has a lot of years left in his career. He had a stint with Edmonton that didn't work out but we think he is a solid NHL talent that can become an offensive leader amongst our team. We'd like him to be very productive and not only get himself goals, but set up line mates as well. Happy to have him on board and locked up in a 4 year deal."

Sign RW Juraj Kolnik 78 OVR B- Pot to a 2 year deal @ 2.24M a year

"Juraj is a guy that has been very over looked by other NHL teams. He has a very quick release and a very keen eye for the scoring area. He will be a top producer on our team and other teams will take notice and perhaps re think not making a move on him. Pleased to pick him up."

Sign C Jakub Klepis 78 OVR B Pot to a 5 year deal @ 2.36M a year

"Absolutely thrilled to have Klepis in the organization. This is a guy who is already a good player, but who has a ton of upside. He will be able to jump in now and produce, but will also be a great player down the road. Klepis is one of our top prospects for the future and we hope he can prosper under our supervision and grow as a top notch playmaking center in the NHL."

Sign D Ryan Donald 71 OVR A/B-/B- Pot to a 2 year deal @ 2.1M a year

"Surprised this guy went undrafted and surprise not a lot of action on him, he is a big defensive d-man, who throws his weight around, but he has also shown sparks of offense and has a lot of potential in that field. Excited to see how he progresses with our farm program and hopefully one day can be in our top 4 group."

Other Notables for Hamilton

D B.Festerling 78 OVR 1 year deal @1.985M
LW D.Brashear 77 OVR 1 year deal @1.78M
RW B.Bochenski 75 OVR 1 year deal @ 2.1M
C J.Krog 75 OVR 1 year deal @2M
C S.Brylin 74 OVR 2 year deal @2.7M
G Y. Danis 76 OVR 2 year deal @2M

"Keep in mind we also held onto Atlanta prospects such as Angelo Esposito, Cody Sol, Andrey Zubarev,and Carl Klingberg."

Free Agent Movement and Trades around the league

G T.Greiss 78 OVR 1 year contract with FLA
D K.Johnsson 80 OVR 3 year contract with CAR
D J. Mckee 81 OVR 3 year contract with NYI
LW Paul Kariya 82 OVR 3 year contract with CAR (whimper )

NSH acquires D Daniel Girardi and D Wade Redden from NYR in return for D Shane O'Brien, D Kevin Klein and a 2011 2nd Round Pick

NJ acquires D Jordan Leopold and D Nate Prosser from MIN in return for D B.Salvador, D J.Leach and a 2011 5th Round Pick

PHX acquires C Blair Jones from TB in return for LW Brett Maclean

COL acquires LW Jussi Jokinen and RW Erik Cole from CAR in return for D Matt Hunwick, D Adam Foote, and G Peter Budaj

OTT acquires D Craig Rivet, D Marc Methot, and D G.Clitsome from CBJ in return for G Pascal Leclaire and RW Marek Svatos

CBJ acquires RW Adam Burish from DAL in return for D Sami Lepisto

"Quite the busy offseason in trades and signings. We like what we have here and are eager for the season, the pre season more like, to kick off. Here's our depth chart for the upcoming preseason, thanks for coming out today and reading, hope to keep you updated after the pre season and before the season opener."

Hamilton Huskies Depth Chart - 1
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LWR. Nilsson 80A. Kozek 73B. Bochenski 75R. Holzapfel 73
CJ. Klepis 78J. Krog 75S. Brylin 74J. Ross 73
RWJ. Kolnik 78E. Artyukhin 81S. Machacek 74D. Brasher 77
D #1N. Welch 73A. Zubarev 72A. Kulda 71
D #2B. Festerling 78P. Postma 73R. Cashman 71
GC. Huet 82Y. Danis 76
Old 03-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
MVP

goosedennis's Arena