Home

A Return to Glory - The Ottawa Senators Rebuilding Dynasty (NHL 2011)

This is a discussion on A Return to Glory - The Ottawa Senators Rebuilding Dynasty (NHL 2011) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: A Return to Glory - The Ottawa Senators Rebuilding Dynasty (NHL 2011)

Howly crap, your back. Loved the last one and I know I will love this one. Great work so far.

Any goalies on the block?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05
Howly crap, your back. Loved the last one and I know I will love this one. Great work so far.

I'll trade him back Elliot for a bag of pucks and I'll toss in Budaj if you pay shipping and handling
Old 03-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
I'll trade him back Elliot for a bag of pucks and I'll toss in Budaj if you pay shipping and handling
ha ha, good one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
hahahahahahaha, I actually laughed out loud lolll.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #13
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05

Yea, nice to see that you are still here BTHOMP. Although it won't be in depth as my last Ottawa dynasty I'll still try to have fun with it. Looking forward to following your dynasty as well. Bring back the Florida dynasty
GLES - USC

Old 03-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
Yea, nice to see that you are still here BTHOMP. Although it won't be in depth as my last Ottawa dynasty I'll still try to have fun with it. Looking forward to following your dynasty as well. Bring back the Florida dynasty
With Nathan and Smith??
Old 04-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #15
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

SENS INSIDER

After a tumultuous start the Senators seem to be in sync going into December. They have established a clear cut starter and seemed to work out the kinks on defense and have been clicking on the powerplay. Ottawa in the past month has scored 16 Power play markers on 60 attempts and are currently 12th in the league with a 23.8% percentage. That's a far cry from a team that went 3 for 30 in their first 11 games.

Although the team has been more successful scoring goals, their goaltending and defense needs to improve, as it seems every time Ottawa scores they let another one in. They will need to start tightening up defensively if they hope to have a shot at the playoffs this year.

Grade:

C+

Ottawa went 7-6-1 in the month of November and during this stretch they managed 2 away wins and won 2 out of 3 games in overtime. This means they are slowly turning around and are still battling to win games. With an 11-12-2 record they currently sit 11th in the Eastern Conference and 5th in their division. They still have time to make up ground but will have to act fast before they are already out of the playoff hunt.

The Good:

From the start of the season to the end of November the duo of Spezza and Michalek have been lighting up the lamp. Often only accounting for Ottawa's only offense the pair have shined on an otherwise lackluster team. Both are on pace for a career high season.

Call up Corey Locke has also been another shining star for the Senators this year. After starting the season in Binghamton playing in the AHL, Locke got his chance when Clouston benched Nilsson after his initial poor performance. Paired up on the 3rd line with O'Sullivan and Neil Locke went on a tear registering 4 goals and 4 assists in just 4 games. In a game that the Senators trounced the LA Kings 8-2; Locke and his line combined for 4 goals and 5 assists (Locke 1G-3A, Neil 1G-2A, OSullivan 2G).

GLES - USC

Last edited by SENS_AK27; 04-05-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #16
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

The Bad

One of the disappointments this year in the Nations Capital was certainly the play of Netminder Craig Anderson. At the beginning of the season expectations were high that he would either challenge or steal the number one spot from LeClaire. So far this season all we have seen is a goaltender that seems to lack focus and has been making poor decisions. Anderson saw himself benched after letting in 4 goals in 8 shots against a red hot Montreal team in a recent game and that was the last start he had. Since then LeClaire has shouldered the load.

The Ugly

While the Senators continue to play well and score powerplay goals, there is one aspect of the team that vastly needs to improve; and that is there plus/minus. Currently there is 9 players with a -5 or greater on the team. Sean Donovan tops the list with a -11 even though he averages less then 3 minutes of ice time. This is followed by first line winger Nick Foligno who has -9. Heck, with this team even the teams2nd leading scorer has a plus/minus of -7.

News and Notes

On Nov 24th, Ottawa signed tough guy J.Mirasty (LW) to a 1 year entry level contract.

It is believed that Mirasty will alternate roster spots with Jarko Ruutu on the 4th line as needed. With Carkners emerging role as a key defensive back and Neil busy scoring on his line it is believed Mirasty will fill a fighting role that the team needs to stay aggressive.

Nov 29th, during a game against Edmonton forward Corey Locke (LW) was checked into the boards by Colin Fraser and did not return to the game.

Locke, who was on a point scoring streak is not expected to play in the next game and J****utu will take his roster spot on the 3rd line.
GLES - USC

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »