Home

Feeling Blue - A Leafs Dynasty (NHL11)

This is a discussion on Feeling Blue - A Leafs Dynasty (NHL11) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Feeling Blue - A Leafs Dynasty (NHL11)

Looking to take on the persona of Burke in this one, so I won't be naming a new GM blah blah blah.

Info: Starting with newest roster update
Playing on: All-Star, Custom Sliders
Will Sim more than I play

Toronto, ON.

Burke: "Good morning fans, media, and readers. Today is October 1st, and that means the NHL season is officialy underway. We have big plans for the Toronto Maple Leafs this season, and in the future. We like the roster we have, and we like the plethora of picks and prospects we have available to us. Our roster has the perfect mix of those nifty skilled guys, and the big, hardworking, checking guys. Now, that is not to say that there is not room for improvement, and that leads me to an announcement I should make before we go on. We have actually been able to strike an early season deal with the Colorado Avalanche.

Goaltender Jean-Sebastien Giguere and our 2011 Second Round Draft Pick

have been moved to Colorado for their 2011 First Round Draft Pick

Giguere has been a spectacular addition for our team during his stay here. Not only has he provided good goaltending, but he has mentored James and Jonas well, unfortunately, we would now have three goaltenders that will be competing for the top job. Since we were in that situation, we felt it was in our best interest to let go of the veteran of the group, and keep the 2 goalies that will be around for a long while in the league. With this move we are able to pick up another first rounder, making three (PHI, BOS, COL) for the coming season. We are thrilled to be in the position of having three first round caliber players coming into the system.

You can expect the Leafs to be a good team this year, we will be looking to compete for a playoff position, and changes during the year will be accordingly. Those changes could include simple line mix ups, or blockbuster deals. One thing that is certain is that we will not jeopardize our future, for immediate success.

Overall, we will not be a push over team, we will compete night in and night out, and soon we will be a very triumphant force in this league.

Expect line-ups to be moved around, and our two goalies will split time until a clear cut starter pulls ahead of the other.

Thank you for coming out today, and please follow the team this year with passion, remember, GO LEAFS GO"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Feeling Blue - A Leafs Dynasty (NHL11)

ABYSMAL START FOR LEAFS
leafsfan.jpg
RECORD: 2-7-1

OCT 31, 2010, Burke Press Conference

"Well just hurry up and sit down already! I'm tired of you guys, asking me to come out and talk about why the team is doing so bad, and you guys are just standing out here sipping your coffee, and when I get out here, you all just stand there. Why do I need to come out here and tell you about the team. You can see, we are 2-7-1, we are not doing so hot. Jonas started the season 0-4, and we have gone with James since. We are mixing up our lines and Kadri is back to the marlies. He made too many stupid give aways that costed us goals, he was a -11. This is a very frustrating season for us so far, and I'm not sure what we can do. But I promise to figure out what we can do, after this stupid thing is over, I'm going back to the office and not returning until I make a deal to make us a better hockey club. You may want to say goodbye because some players may be on the move in the next few hours. Oh you have a question! and what is that?"

"Umm, yes Mr. Burke, have you considered moving Luke Schenn to pick up some good players for this season?"

"Are you kidding me? Did you actually just say that? Luke is going to be the next big thing down here in TO, and I am not going to move him just so you idiots can finally have one good season to feel good about. I am not going to move a top prospect like Luke just to get ourselves kicked out in the first round of the playoffs. We are going into shell mode, or rebuild mode should I say, players are going to be moved for future talents. Please, never ask anything like that again."

"Now, seeing as you "experts" don't have any more questions, I am going to get back to business, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Last edited by Leafs4Ever; 03-26-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Banned

Headliner Trade

Toronto: D Mike Komisarek and 2011 First Round Pick (BOS)

to

Columbus: D Cody Goloubef and 2011 First Round Pick (CBJ)

"I told you guys I was going to make a splash and I did. We thank Mike for his services, but this season he has not been good for us at all. He leads the NHL in PIMS, and is tied for last on our team in points. Although he brings that physical dimension, we feel like he costs us too many penalties and does not produce enough. Cody Goloubef is an amazing defensive prospect, we expect to see him along side Luke Schenn in the coming years. Most remember him for his great World Junior tournament(s) as a member of Team Canada. Cody will be an excellent blueliner in the NHL, and on the Leafs for many years to come. As well, we swap 1st rounders with the Blue Jackets. We give them the Boston pick, and they give us their pick. Seeing as Boston is third in the league right now and Columbus is nineteenth, I'd say this is quite the significant leap frog. I told you all there would be changes, and there has, and there are plenty to come if this team hopes to ever rise from the gutter and become a great NHL franchise again. Now, I'm going back to the office to string out the details and get to work on our next move, Thanks for your time, I guess."
Old 03-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Banned

BURKE BLOWS UP LEAFS

Toronto: F Clarke Macarthur to Buffalo for 2011 First Round Pick

Toronto: D Matt Lashoff and 2013 Second Round Pick to NY Rangers for F Artem Anisimov and 2011 Third Round Pick

"The trades before hand were the calm before the storm, we are in reboot mode and have made the appropriate moves we needed to. I have blown up this organization but I think we are definitely better off given the moves we have made. I made it clear with the Komisarek trade that anyone not performing will get moved. Hopefully this serves notice to the team that we need to step it up a bit, or you could find yourself in the same spot as these players. We have added yet another first rounder, and we have also added a serious blue chip prospect in Anisimov that can compete for the number 1 center job on our team. Clarke was in his contract year, Lashoff has not been progressing as we though he should, and a 2013 second is pretty expendable. That is why we moved those items. We brought in a 3rd rounder this year, another 1st rounder for this year, and a center who will be a key player in our franchise for years to come. The Leafs will be a much improved club because of this, and in the coming years we expect our draft picks to prosper and create a power house of a hockey team."
Old 03-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Nice, stocking up on picks is always a good idea in a rebuilding year.
GLES - USC

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #6
Banned

Yeah, definitely want to take away some quality players from the draft. People under rate the draft in this game, with good points in assit. coach, prospects develop into master pieces. I've been reading your new sens dynasty, like what you've done there, you're in the same boat as me. I like to rebuild teams rather than just take a contender that's a shoe in to win.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

Haha! Bye bye Komo! Never could stand him.

Are you going for a complete roster purge and draft restock or you planning on keeping some of the guys around?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Intriging, I like what you have done so far - especially getting rid of Jiggy and Komi. Now trade Finger and all will be good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »