Home

Florida Panthers dinasty - NHL 11

This is a discussion on Florida Panthers dinasty - NHL 11 within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

OVR: 0
Florida Panthers dinasty - NHL 11

First presenting me, i am from Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, started to follow NHL by 2007-08, and am a big fan of the Oilers, but there is an Oil one, then i will make a Panthers one.
I will try to bring in some of my favorite players to make this more fun to play.

Console: Xbox 360
Level: All-star
Roster: Default
Sliders: Default
Icing and offside: No
Start date: NHL Entry Draft.

Now i have played thru the 1st regular season game, but i will try to post some moves.

If someone has anything to ask, please do it, I will try to make this the more interesting possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

Re: Florida Panthers dinasty - NHL 11

Panthers get Doughty from Kings, Nash from Blue Jackets

Doughty will play in the same division of Steven Stamkos, the only player selected ahead of him in the 2008 NHL draft.

The Kings was very pleased by what they saw on Dmitry Kulikov, and started to go ahead of him. They first tried to send Brayden Schenn and a 1st round pick of 2010 to Panthers, but they rejected and made a counter offer, which end up being good for the two sides. The Panthers get the star D Drew Doughty, with the Kings getting promissing Kulikov, along with two future late round picks.

Nash will play with Doughty in Florida.
In another blockbuster trade, the Panthers acquired RW Rick Nash from Columbus, in exchange for D Bryan McCabe and Rostislav Olesz.
Nash will play in the same line of Ilya Kovalchuk(coming up) and Stephen Weiss.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

After releasing all of their FAs, and signing great part of the draft picks, Panthers get the most searched player in this off-season, LW Ilya Kovalchuk.

Kovy's relanshiop with Trashers fans can't get worse. Seven months after trying everything to get out of team, he signed with Trashers division rival Panthers.

The deal, who certainly give the Cats one of the best offensive on the NHL, is for 6 years around 9M a year. Kovy will play with Nash on one that will probable be one of the most exciting pairs in NHL. And another great notice, the team has 6M to spend, and, for re-sign D Drew Doughty, who is due to a big payday next off-season, will be need only some minor trades.

The Panthers also signed D Willie Mitchell to a 2 year, 5M contract and tough guy Jesse Boulerice to a 1 year, 2 way contract.

The other target, Nikholai Zherdev, ended up signing with the Coyotes.

Last edited by oilersfanatic; 05-08-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

Panthers shining, as Stamkos, Lightning struggling.
Cats start 3-1, with Bolts 0-4 and Stamkos yet to score a point.

Game 1: 3-1 loss @ Oilers.
We played entirely game in the defense, and with about 5 minutes left, we was losing 2-1, when Hemsky scored a shorthanded goal to seal their victory.

Game 2: 2-1 win @ Vancouver.
Vokoun suffered a goal in the first shot, but closed the goal for the rest of the game. We tied the game late in the 1st, with the game remaining scoreless through the end of regulation. Kovy scored in overtime after a great play by Doughty.

Game 3: 1-0 win @ Calgary.
Very physical and defensive dominated game, remained scoreless through the last minute of overtime, when Weiss scored on a breakaway.

Game 4: 2-1 win vs Tampa Bay.
With 36 seconds into the game, Weiss scored the first goal. In the second, Nash scored the second. The Bolts tried to make a late rally, with Lecavalier scoring a shorthanded, but we were able to get out with the win.

Doughty, Nash shinning as Stamkos yet to score his first point.
You remember what Stamkos talked about the Panthers, don't you?
"Who much speaks nothing do", it perfectly says the level of game by Stamkos. After 4 games, the Lightning have 0 points, the same number that Stamkos have. In the Panthers game, some Panthers players(incluinding Doughty and Nash) tried to fight him, both he always declined to drop the gloves. In the end of the game, he suffered a big hit from DD8, and said this on twitter after the game. "He only knows about hitting and fighting, he does has any talent besides this". Doughty replied: " Shut up preppy, stop crying and take care of your life and your game".
Old 05-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Really unrealistic. But I'll try and follow.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

I know this, but i am trying to bring in some of my favorite players to make this more fun to play.

I have played some games since last update.

Game 5: 5-4 win vs Dallas(SO): I managed to come back from a 3 goal deficit to tie this game, and later win on the shootout. After the game i changed the difficulty to Superstar.

Game 6: 1-0 loss vs Islanders
Defense really shined this game, but the offense really strugled with some shots hitting the post.

Game 7: 2-1 win @ Leafs
Another game that i won playing how the Predators play in real life, made 2 goals early, Kessel managed to score one for them, and Vokoun late saves guaranteed the win for us.

Game 8: 5-3 loss @ Sens
Started the game up by 2-0, but after this, Vokoun take in the minimum 3 soft goals, all of them on the PK, and we lost a game that can make difference in the end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »